Proof that Vigneault is iNsAnE

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Proof that Vigneault is iNsAnE

Post by ClamRussel »

.....after all this team & Luongo has been through this season, if he doesn't start Sanford he's off his gourd.

Lets recap:

They are out of the playoffs....

Sanford has been underplayed....

Luongo has been stressed over his wife's pregnancy has been overplayed...

If they win they get a WORSE draft choice...

I've been hearing rumblings BobbyLou is going to start......crazy
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Agreed, I am hoping we can make #10. Think I figured that was best case (we lose, other teams win) scenerio. That would put us in the position, should the draft go according to ISS rankings, to pick up BC boy Beach.

For those that don't know - Kyle Beach from Kelowna, 6'03, 203lbs. 18yrs. Plays C on Everett Silvertips. Got best rookie in WHL in 06-07. Has a bit of a hot head.

Also like Boychuck but he is pretty small.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Disagree. Linden needs to go out on a high note.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

DonCherry4PM wrote:Agreed, I am hoping we can make #10. Think I figured that was best case (we lose, other teams win) scenerio. That would put us in the position, should the draft go according to ISS rankings, to pick up BC boy Beach.

For those that don't know - Kyle Beach from Kelowna, 6'03, 203lbs. 18yrs. Plays C on Everett Silvertips. Got best rookie in WHL in 06-07. Has a bit of a hot head.

Also like Boychuck but he is pretty small.
sounds like beach could be a keeper indeed...do you have a good link for the ISS listing?

Linden is God: Linden went out on a high note last Sunday. That was his last hurrah, and we all enjoyed it (well, maybe not the last, but for the season). Besides, unless Calgary is stupid (which I don't rule out), they are going to be very motivated. They win, and they have a chance to play Minnie instead of SJ.

Come to think of it, I wonder if Bobby Lou isn't the insane one here, demanding that AV play him, b/c he wants to watch SJ rip the Flames to pieces. I wouldn't put it past him.
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

I dont know, if Beach is not Swedish I cannot see taking him, DN will be drafting a bag of Marshmellows and fluffy pillow. :lol:
He sounds like just what the Reverend is praying for, decent size ,skill, Canadian, and a mean streak!! Glorious 8-) :mex:
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

http://www.everettsilvertips.com/roster ... ayerID=128

The above is Beach's stats at Everett, bloody awesome if you ask me if you look at him in overall sort of a way (Jarome Iginla like perhaps)
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Not a huge Beach fan here. I go to all the Giants games (now that's a team!) and Beach is a pretty complex character. Yes, he's big, has good hands and can put the puck in the net. But he's not a leader, not a good team player, and spends the majority of his time yapping at the small guys on the other team, faking dives all over the ice and taking dumb penalties. He also has a rep for being a guy who doesn't like working too hard in practice. Who knows how he'd turn out if he grows up, but quite honestly, if I have a pick in the top ten, I'm more inclined to not bother with him.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Sid Dithers wrote:Not a huge Beach fan here. I go to all the Giants games (now that's a team!) and Beach is a pretty complex character. Yes, he's big, has good hands and can put the puck in the net. But he's not a leader, not a good team player, and spends the majority of his time yapping at the small guys on the other team, faking dives all over the ice and taking dumb penalties. He also has a rep for being a guy who doesn't like working too hard in practice. Who knows how he'd turn out if he grows up, but quite honestly, if I have a pick in the top ten, I'm more inclined to not bother with him.
I haven't had the opportunity to see any WHL games. I had heard Beach was a bit of a loose cannon, but that this was likely attributable to immaturity. If it isn't then this is definitely a guy you don't want to have. So, just for interests' sake, and as you have had some time watching, who would you choose with a #10 pick?

- Sun Tzu
Momesso
CC Veteran

Post by Momesso »

I agree, IMO Vigneault needs to go too. This is the new NHL, where the classic clutch and grab defensive style that won cups in the late 90s and early 00s will only land you in the penatly box with chintzy calls.

Plus, what kind of a coach has his team sit on a 2-0 lead (as he said in an interview after the Colorado loss) at the start of the 2nd period. Insane.

The last 3 coaches to win it in this new era have all been 2-way coaches, Tortorella, Laviolette and Carlyle. Even the teams that lost in the finals (Sutter, McTavish, and Murray) didn't play defensive styles.

Nonis was late to the game with this focus on having a "shutdown" defensive team. The players obviously don't like it, why else have they tuned him out? It's the only explanation for this meltdown to end the year.

And finally, AV's style is horrendously boring. It simply isn't the hockey that this city is used to and wants to see. We expect better. The fans are having no more fun than the players.
Eyes on the Prize
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

Momesso wrote:
And finally, AV's style is horrendously boring. It simply isn't the hockey that this city is used to and wants to see. We expect better. The fans are having no more fun than the players.
I have to agree. The Canucks-Stars series last year was the most dreadful series I've ever seen. Just horrible to watch. At least back in the Crawford years, the team was entertaining and still in the back of your mind you still had hope that they could get it together in the playoffs and go on a long ride. It didn't happen, but year after year I believed it could. With the current Canucks, it's just as well they miss the playoffs from an entertainment aspect, because it adds to the torture of having to watch this team scratch and claw to score a damn goal.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
Sid Dithers
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Sid Dithers »

DonCherry4PM wrote:
Sid Dithers wrote:Not a huge Beach fan here. I go to all the Giants games (now that's a team!) and Beach is a pretty complex character. Yes, he's big, has good hands and can put the puck in the net. But he's not a leader, not a good team player, and spends the majority of his time yapping at the small guys on the other team, faking dives all over the ice and taking dumb penalties. He also has a rep for being a guy who doesn't like working too hard in practice. Who knows how he'd turn out if he grows up, but quite honestly, if I have a pick in the top ten, I'm more inclined to not bother with him.
So, just for interests' sake, and as you have had some time watching, who would you choose with a #10 pick?
It's impossible for me to say as I don't follow the OHL or QMJHL or the Euro lists that closely. I'm just too lazy to keep close tabs on all that. Luke Schenn from Kelowna is the plum of the WHL kids this year. Kind of a Rob Blake clone. A big kid who can really play. Beach is probably #2, but there's a big caveat emptor for the team that picks him, because as you mentioned, he is not a stable player, at least at this point. He just seems like the self-destructive type to me, and he brings his team down with him.
AraChniD iS stoOpiDz!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Beach is 100% certified insane. He reminds me a lot of Downie, and despite his talent he's far more of a hindrance to the Flyers than he is a useful player.

If we were to get the 10th pick I'd take Nikitia Filatov who is supposed to be a more talented player than Cherepanov, but will likely fall because of a lack of a transfer agreement. The player that Nonis probably covets is Colin Wilson. He is an american centre putting up a strong season in Boston. TSN has him pegged at 6th, but I think he's talented enough to trade up for. He's a LHS (which we have enough of) but I think he's one of the few players from this year's draft ready to make the leap straight to the NHL. Not that I'm in favour of rushing prospects, but I still think it was a mistake sending Bourdon back to junior.

Luckily this is a deep draft though, so it'll be difficult for Nonis to blow a top 10 pick on a useless player. Whoever we get should end up being a first liner/top 2 defenceman. This pick could make or break Nonis' career.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

Momesso wrote:.

Nonis was late to the game with this focus on having a "shutdown" defensive team. The players obviously don't like it, why else have they tuned him out? It's the only explanation for this meltdown to end the year.
how do you explain no meltdown last year? could the lack of some of their best dmen this year have some role to play?

i'm not a complete fan of AV, and I complained a lot when Mason Raymond was sent down for no reason, and like a lot of others, I don't know why Ritchie was on the PP. But I don't know why people assume that the players "tune AV out". What's the evidence? Yes, they were losing, but that doesn't mean they tuned him out...that means they were losing.

Btw, who do the Canucks have that would allow them to play another style? Remember the 1st month of the season when they tried to gain the opposing zone wi/o the dump and chase--was it working? Every time they try, they lose the puck.

Nonis isn't trying to get a total defensive style, he's building the team from the net out. That's not the same thing. He's not trying to recreate the Devils clutch and grab style from the mid-90s. Evidence: He drafted Grabner, White, Raymond. Fast guys who can handle the puck. Bourdon instead of Marc Staal as a Dman b/c he's got a big shot, and can move the puck. That's not a defensive-minded GM. That's a GM that's trying to make sure that the back end is taken care of, and then get some speedsters the other way. The fact that the Sedinbots can't skate isn't his fault. That was Burke.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Its the last game of the season... and fan appreciation night.. Classy to start Linden on the first line and good call on Luongo... He is the Canucks right now .. Lets see what AV can do with a few new players with ability next year.. Its a little early to shoot the coach . Lets face it he had no talent to work with..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

antro wrote:i'm not a complete fan of AV, and I complained a lot when Mason Raymond was sent down for no reason, and like a lot of others, I don't know why Ritchie was on the PP. But I don't know why people assume that the players "tune AV out". What's the evidence? Yes, they were losing, but that doesn't mean they tuned him out...that means they were losing.
I think a pretty strong case can be made that the team hasn't really been implementing AV's system for the majority of the last month possibly the second half of the season. Now one could try to blame this on injuries, but, when the team's play was more in keeping with the system when were going through the injuries than when the players returned would seem to negate such an argument. Such a departure from the play that AV has been discipling could be argued to evidence a "tune... out".

Btw, who do the Canucks have that would allow them to play another style? Remember the 1st month of the season when they tried to gain the opposing zone wi/o the dump and chase--was it working? Every time they try, they lose the puck.
antro wrote:Nonis isn't trying to get a total defensive style, he's building the team from the net out. That's not the same thing. He's not trying to recreate the Devils clutch and grab style from the mid-90s. Evidence: He drafted Grabner, White, Raymond. Fast guys who can handle the puck. Bourdon instead of Marc Staal as a Dman b/c he's got a big shot, and can move the puck. That's not a defensive-minded GM. That's a GM that's trying to make sure that the back end is taken care of, and then get some speedsters the other way. The fact that the Sedinbots can't skate isn't his fault. That was Burke.
Or just a GM with an inept scouting staff (only time will tell). And again the Sedinbots were resigned by Nonis not Burke. I would agree the Burke did strip the cupboards bear when he was here, but to blame him for the contracts handed out by Nonis is just trying to find a scapegoat.

- Sun Tzu