# 16 in your program, but #1 in our hearts......

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

# 16 in your program, but #1 in our hearts......

Post by Linden Is God »

Please consider this the GDT,,,,,,,,

As I type this, I'm listening to Blue Rodeo's "Try". A bit of a coincidence, but kind of fitting. ladies and gentlemen. Call me a pussy if you want, but I think I'm going to cry after tonights game. 16 has been my idol for almost 20 years. My love for him grew so much more when I met him in February of 1993 when he was more amazed that my family drove 900 km's to meet "some hockey players", rather then some family from buttfuck frozen nowhere was amazed by meeting THE greatest Canucks of all time. Maybe because I;m drunk now or maybe it's finally a loss of innocence that I'm balling as I type this, but I can't help it. To see MY idol play for the last time is bittersweet. So for the last time in your career Trevor.......

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: C'MON MARKUS, SHOW YOUR HEART

Post by B. Mackin »

Markus Naslund could gain a lot of respect tonight if he were to "cede the C" to Trevor Linden. But the likelihood of that happening is up there with a ticket price rollback from the Aquilinis.

When and if this is Linden's last skate, how will the Canucks handle it? Will his jersey be retired immediately next October? Will there be a front-office job ready and waiting for Linden? The Canucks really haven't had a full-time community ambassador since the days of Babe Pratt.

Linden has numerous records and of course a Campbell Conference trophy. He's the only player to wear all the Canucks' different logos. His career spans three decades.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Last game for the season..... and it means nothing... Lets hope Linden has a great game and is rewarded for all his years as Mr Canuck !!... About the only reason I,m listening tonight is Linden.. I am disgusted with the Canucks this year...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: PULL LUONGO!

Post by B. Mackin »

Joe Thornton scored for San Jose on the third shot of the season-opener on October 5.
It's April 5 and Roberto Luongo lets in the first shot of the game to the Flames' David Moss at 1:33. In between games 1 and 82, Luongo has only gotten worse in handling the first shot of the game by the opposing team.

Face it. Bobby Lu has been Bobby Lousy for the entire second half of the season. Is he overpaid or overplayed?

Let's see Curtis Sanford.

Let's re-evaluate Ian Clark, the goaltending consultant. Do the Canucks need a full-time goaltending coach and is Clark the right candidate for that job?
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: JOKE OF THE DAY

Post by B. Mackin »

So Canucks' fans at GM Place started the "Calgary sucks!" chant a minute ago.

A Flames' fan wearing a Jarome Iginla jersey turned to a Canucks' fan wearing a Roberto Luongo jersey.

All the Calgary fan said was "P-L-A-Y-O-F-F-S."

So, Canucks' fans, who sucks?
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: BURNABY BYRON

Post by B. Mackin »

Byron Ritchie scores for Vancouver to tie the game.

Let me be the first to officially say "where was that the other night?"
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: REFUND

Post by B. Mackin »

Bobby Lousy hears a Huselius...

Two goals on five shots.

So much for Burnaby Byron's goal.
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: LOUSY!

Post by B. Mackin »

One thing they teach children who play hockey is to know where you're passing the puck.

Roberto Luongo's head was down when he sent the biscuit from behind the net to the corner where Eric Nystrom was waiting.

Nine shots. Three goals allowed.

This is our MVP?
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: ENTER SANDMAN

Post by B. Mackin »

See you in September, Bobby Lu.
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: LINDEN, LINDEN, LINDEN

Post by B. Mackin »

L is for Luongo, on this night it might also mean loss.

L is also for Linden

The third period faceoff was delayed as fans at GM Place gave Trevor Linden a standing ovation.

Even the entire Calgary Flames' bench rose and players banged their sticks on the boards in honor of number 16.

Linden lifted his stick to acknowledge the outpouring of respect. He even smiled.

Some fans began the "one-more-year" chant.

A classy moment for a classy player.
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

That was among the worst hockey games I've ever seen and I feel pretty sad right now about Trevor going out, especially after that. Still all the best to our best

If Naslund is done as well, the ups and downs are evident, but I really appreciate cumulatively getting the chance to watch him play over these 10 years.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

B. Mackin, stop with the Luongo BS. Look at his defence. Vigneault's driftnet D keeps backing in and giving up the middle/slot area of the ice and allows the other teams' forwards time to pick corners on both Luongo and Sanford. NHL shooters are capable of scoring on 33% of penalty shots, isn't that 3 of 9 shots? The way the Canucks D has been lately, it's like Canucks goalies are facing penalty shots. If not for Luongo the Canucks wouldn't have been in the playoff race these last 8 games. Yes, he's slumped but tell me a player who's on his game all the time, especially one like Luongo whose travelled more miles than any other player (keep in mind his trips to Florida). The team as a whole shares the blame, including Nonis, Vigneault, Naslund, the Sedins, Salo, Pyatt, Kesler, Burrows, Mitchell and all.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What we all can do perfectly is suffering in pain.

Just watched the final 5 minutes of the game and i just want to say thank you to all Calgary players..... you're for sure a class act, honestly.

Goodbye #16 ...drying my tears....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

boy... I didn't think watching Linden go out like that would be so hard... then I realized he's been a canuck since I've been old enough to understand what a hockey game is and stay up late enough to watch one. bummer of a night for all hockey fans. he's a classy guy...