GDT: 'nucks host Oilers - 7:30pm - PPV, 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

It's better this way. If they made the playoffs and even if they went down in the 1st round, it would mask the problems on this team: NO HEART, NO LEADERSHIP, PSYCHOLOGICAL AND PHYSICAL FRAGILITY.

Naslund played with effort, but Markus it's time for you to go. He has no heart, he folds like a Mastercraft tent when the going gets tough and he can't stay even if he gave up the 'C'.

How many chances are we going to give the Sedins? They stay in the tough areas, but they still get rolled like bowling pins on the boards and play too cute. If there's a 2-for-1 offer and the player is a true 1st-liner, why shouldn't Nonis pull this deal?

It's time for a radical makeover of the forwards. Trev, love ya but call it a career and save us the salary. I expect a much different line-up next season.

...that said, even though we got 8 powerplays the refs still jobbed us late in the game. I wonder how Mitchell's face feels.

The only way I will feel good about Saturday night is if we send Flames players to the hospital and ensure they go 4 games and out. I don't care if it means fines and suspensions, somebody should run Kipper and everybody get their elbows up. I don't care what the score will be, so long as the Flames limp to a 4-and-out playoffs.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mattola wrote:
Cookie La Rue wrote: Thank you for a great season......

what the hell are you talking about?

great season for who?

fuck
You can't read the sarcasm, can you ? :cry: :evil:
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i cant believe AV gave Linden 2 shifts in the 3rd period.

clown.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I can't believe we had almost ONE FULL PERIOD on the power play and got one goal.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: WE ARE ALL OUT OF THE PLAYOFFS

Post by B. Mackin »

Oilers 2 Canucks 1
Bob Mackin
vancouver.24hrs.ca

We Are All Out of the Playoffs:
Call them the Edmonton Spoilers because they ruined the lacklustre Vancouver Canucks’ faint playoff hopes with a 2-1 road win Thursday night at GM Place.

Holy Moly:
Dwayne “Roly the Goalieâ€￾ Roloson was outstanding, stopping 37 of 38 Canucks’ shots. The only one that got by was Alexandre Burrows’ power play goalmouth scramble. It briefly roused the otherwise disinterested Vancouver crowd with almost seven minutes remaining in the game.

Right There:
Oiler Jarret Stoll left the game early in the second period after sustaining a puck in the right ear at mid-ice. But he returned to score the winning goal on a power play slap shot just 90 seconds before the second intermission.

There is a Reason:
Marty Reasoner bulldozed Canucks’ netminder Roberto Luongo for the game’s first goal almost 10 minutes earlier.

Micro-Weave:
Oiler Mathieu Roy was ejected with a game misconduct near the midway point for driving Mike Weaver head-first into the end boards. The Canucks neither retaliated nor capitalized on the five-minute power play.

We Want A Refund!:
It was the Canucks’ fifth loss in seven 2008 pay-per-view TV games.

Finale:
The lame-duck ‘nucks end the season Saturday against the Calgary Flames (7 p.m. Team 1040/CBC HD).
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

VIGNEAULT VITTLES: SEE YOU AT THE GOLF COURSE!

Post by B. Mackin »

Alain Vigneault post-game news conference

"The difference in the game was our inability of our power play to get it done."

"We just lost a very tough game that's taken us out of the playoffs. We have one more game to finish the regular season and we'll analyze whatever we have to analyze."
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

WHO WOULD YOU FIRE?

Post by B. Mackin »

Let's start the thread...

Fire Alain Vigneault? He mishandled Roberto Luongo by overplaying him and not using Curtis Sanford more often.

Fire Dave Nonis? Just call him No-tradis for his lack of wheeling and dealing to solve the Canucks' terminal scoring deficit. Injuries were a problem, but good teams overcome adversity. The Canucks were not a good team.

Bring Naslund back for half the price? It's clear that he has lost his hands and is not half the player he was five years ago.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I have no problem with the team trading any of our forwards - I would think twice about tinkering with the top 6 D, which HOPEFULLY will be healthier next year.

I'd also like to thank you, B Mackin, for your game reports this year - since I listen to the games it's great to have a set of eyes there. I hope your team is back next year.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

Luongo has my sympathy for a terrible end to the year.
This team needs more North American players.
I'm sick of the defencive play.
Another spring without the team to cheer on :cry: sucks
lifer
CC Veteran

Post by lifer »

Lancer wrote:
Naslund played with effort, but Markus it's time for you to go. He has no heart, he folds like a Mastercraft tent when the going gets tough and he can't stay even if he gave up the 'C'.

How many chances are we going to give the Sedins? They stay in the tough areas, but they still get rolled like bowling pins on the boards and play too cute. If there's a 2-for-1 offer and the player is a true 1st-liner, why shouldn't Nonis pull this deal?

These changes make a lot of sense to me.
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

This team needs more North American players.
Yeah... that must be the way forward... just like, say Tampa or the Blues... and unlike that President Red Wings team.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

blah blah blah

sucks to be a canuck (fan)

yadda yadda yadda

wait til next year

Maybe...just maybe they weren't good enough ?

Would have been fun to win tho', just to see how the flames and nux responded on Saturday.