Canucks VS Avalanche (My Predictions)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

georoa
CC Rookie

Canucks VS Avalanche (My Predictions)

Post by georoa »

Ok, so coming off of a huge win against Calgary the Canucks will come out flying. Look for Linden to get more ice time with Naslund. The key to tonights game is the veterans playing smart. The Avalanche or not overly fast but are skilled and dangerous if our defense makes any mistakes. We need to tighten up on defense and not let the Av's set up in front of our net. Easier said then done but I think if we get an early lead and keep playing offense instead of trying to hold onto a lead we will have success. I predict a nail biter 3-2 Vancouver victory. The final minute of the game with the Avalanche goaltender out of his net is going to be key. The Canucks have to keep Sakic off of the scoreboard in the final minute. An optimistic prediction? Yes, but considering whats at stake, one that has to happen.
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

OK. So here is my prediction for the rest of the season:

Tonight:
4-2 Loss
Avs offence too powerful, Edler, Bourdon, and Bieksa create several odd man opportunities. Luongo plays stellar, but allows in a few rebounds in the crease. Expect the score to be 4-2 Avalanche. Nashville wins their game against St. Louis in overtime. Canucks in 9th by 1 point.

Vs Edmonton:
Oilers come out decimated after their loss to the Flames the night before. Canucks look uninspired in the first but get a couple ugly goals. They go to overtime and squeak out a 3-2 victory. Nashville meanwhile wins against St. Louis. Still in 9th by 1 point.

Vs. Calgary:
Flames are pissed about the 6-2 loss making it a feisty affair. Since I'm going to this game, I'm going to say the Nucks pull out a hard fought overtime loss 3-2. The night before St. Louis loses against Chicago.

The Nucks and Preds are tied in points, but Nashville has 1 more point. Naslund comes on and says "We've choked for the last time, I'm retiring".
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i have seen nothing out of the canucks to see that they will win this game. Colorado and most of the NW has owned them of recent and unless they come up with the exact game they had against calgary I see a 5-2 Avs win.

they still have not done anything to inspire my confidence to win this game and make the playoffs.

Go BLUES......
Go Canucks.... show me you have it in you to make this run count...
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

Eh Colorado doesn't seem any more consistent than us to be frank. So let's hope we have a good show and them a bad one to make up for last week. However, I'm as gun shy as the rest of you when it comes to putting any faith in this team of ours.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Is this the GDT? If so....

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

i'm also gunshy, mostly b/c the game against the flames still didn't show complete defensive consistency like last year. the 'nucks look fragile, and i don't know why.

i disagree that the whole NW has the canucks number: the Avs and Minnie seem to (as someone else pointed out), but the Canucks dominate the Oilers and the Flames.

so, this might be a loss, but i'm still calling it 6-2 for our boys...i actually called the flames game score over at Waiting for Stanley, and I'm going with what seems to work.

holy smokes, i just realized that the blues are up 3-0 @ the beginning of the 2nd...keep it up boys!
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

omigosh, ellis let in those 3 goals on 7 shots, and now mason's in the net. 3-1 blues @ end of 2nd. so much for ellis standing on his head the rest of the way.

come on blues, hold on
no more Bieksa-bashing!
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

If Nashville is comfortably losing, that spells doom. My prediction: 4-1 avs with D. Sedin getting a "lower neck injury" from scoreboard watching.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I am so stocked for this game. Biggest game of the year for me and the team imo. Not only would the win do serious wonders for out playoff chances but man to know that ave monkey off our backs would be HUGE.

Being at home and the way they've played at home I'm going with a win tonight. The majority seems to be predicting a loss, and the majority is usually wrong in all matters hockey and stock market.

Go Canucks!!!!!!!! ;)
georoa
CC Rookie

Post by georoa »

LOL, well its almost game time. I hope the non believers have a little humility when we win. :lol:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

nash tied it up. damn
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

oh f**k, 3-3 now. it looks like the blues pulled legace after the 1st period...is this to spite vancouver?
no more Bieksa-bashing!
newostar
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by newostar »

antro wrote:oh f**k, 3-3 now. it looks like the blues pulled legace after the 1st period...is this to spite vancouver?
I think they are tanking the season to get a better draft pick.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

it's over, toivonen looks like a great goalie, 4 goals on 18 shots, after getting a 3 goal lead. i think you're right newostar, it wasn't worth losing a spot in the draft.
no more Bieksa-bashing!