GDT: Flames @ GM, yeah it's a home game.

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

I'm eating crow here...double shift 16...ride that old horse...its playoff hockey.

lol Edler - good boy
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Two important questions for all experts.

1. When was the last time the Canucks lost 5 in a row ?

2. The last time Trevor Linden scored 2 goals ?

I can't believe it.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Is Trev getting senile and thinks this is a playoff game? ;)

Just started listening after his second - let's hope they hold on!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: SAVE OF THE GAME

Post by B. Mackin »

Alexander Edler's on Jarome Iginla was eclipsed by Curtis Joseph's on Matt Pettinger.
Cujo is 15-22-4 against the Canucks in his career.
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

UpYerKilt wrote:Kesler that was sad...Iginla pushed you around taunted you laughed at you because you were too chicken sh*t to drop your gloves. And I really like Kes.

Burrows on the other hand pushed around the leagues toughest d-man...the team needs 5 #14's.

Oh Nonis was voted 30th best GM by hockey news...I have no problem with that...living off the Luongo trade still.
I really could care less about this ranking, but I figured I should note a correction to the previous statement. Nonis was ranked #16 and not #30 as was previously stated in the Hockey News.

Nice to see the Canucks playing with the lead...of course the 3 goal lead is the "most precarious lead to have"....whatever.

Go Nucks Go!
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

best period of hockey in a looooooooooooooooong time

lots of jump, and linden and naslund came out with purpose, and they are leading.

the young kids are doing alright on D, but it's scary that 3 of our D are rookies or 2nd year.

anyway,pyatt, pettinger, isbister, kes, burr, etc. all having great games...now just need daniel to break out of his funk...come on buddy, live a little.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: A GOOD OMEN?

Post by B. Mackin »

Last time Roberto Luongo allowed the opponent to score on its first shot at GM Place was March 6 when the Canucks went on to beat the Nashville Predators 6-2. Dan Ellis allowed three goals on 11 shots before Chris Mason entered and allowed three more.
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

well look what happens when you thrpough some checks and are not afraid to take a hit!! I think I acrtually saw Nazzy hit someone.
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Great to see Trev doing his thing... 2 goals plus hitting :) Lets hope this is the start of a 4 game run :)....

PS I am not a Bieksa hater... but lets get real ... Its his first decent game of the season... and he's credited with 2 assists plus of course an assist by giveaway on Calgarys first goal... at the end of the 2nd period he's a plus 1... Edler a +3...

Gooooooooo Canucks .......
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: ASSIST REMOVAL MACHINE

Post by B. Mackin »

Delete Jeff Cowan's assist on Trevor Linden's go-ahead goal, as per the official scorer.