GDT: Canucks v. Wild

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

GDT: Canucks v. Wild

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Wow, everyone must be pumped about this game. :lol:

Looks like it will be yet another boring game pitting the stagnant Nucks v. the ironically named Wild. They lead the season series with 4-2-1.

Will the Canucks flop like a dead whale or sink their teeth into the current division leaders?
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

One thing is for sure, the Canucks are in dire need of turning around this slide. It's looking more and more likely that we'll be discussing the Giants throughout April, rather than the 'Nucks.

If the team can put together a good effort tonight, then maybe it can serve as a statement game where they say that we are better than most think. We'll see...
24 hours sports reporter
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Congrats to new daddy Roberto Luongo, who must be exhausted, but he looked sharp on the Koivu break. What an emotional last couple days it must have been for Lui.

Unfortunately though, he must buckle down now because all of B.C. is relying on him to put the Canucks on his shoulders and march them into the playoffs. And if they don't make it, people will forever question how this whole pregnancy has affected him.
24 hours sports reporter
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Ouch, down 1-0.... our power-play looked terrible and theirs was dominant. They got a better scoring chance than we did on our power play. Nashville is up 2-0 on Columbus late in the second period.

So far so bad.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Koivu makes Mitchell look like a pylon.... down 2-0. This is like watching a sick family member slowly deteriorate right in front of your eyes. :evil:
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Wow, have we seen the Canucks have a more disgusting period... even in their recent slump. Absolutely nothing went right for them. Outshot, outhit, outplayed, etc.

I totally agree with Randy... it's really tough to watch this unfold.

The Canucks four-game homestand is going to be imparative to their season and although I've been a believer all along that they'd make the playoffs, I'm now starting to get worried.
24 hours sports reporter
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Times like these I feel that I wasted my money buying NHL Centre Ice Online. What an absolutely disgusting period to watch when our backs are to the wall. Our defence is completely leaving Luongo high and dry and our passing was terrible. We coughed it up numerous times just trying to get it out of our zone.

This team has got to be tired and lacking confidence. This schedule is brutal. But even with our injuries there are absolutely NO excuses for a period that is that bad from this team.

At least Naslund seemed to have some jump in that period. One of our few players outside of Luongo who has seemed to have shown up. We can't wait to get back home to get the ball rolling on making the playoffs. Even if we rebound and have two strong periods we can build from this when we get back home.

It is looking like some of our players have given up on themselves and the team. Disgusting.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

This is perfect!!! I couldn't ask for a better start!!! The Canucks under A.V's pathetic coaching style and Nonis's painfully stupid gm' ing are going to have a late season meltdown and miss the playoffs!! Excelent!! Hope fully we can close this no talent chapter and start over next year!!!

Anyone notice the best player for Vancouver tonight is Naslund? You know the only player on this whole team with any God given skill.

I think I'm going down to the bar and punch out any Keseler and Burrows fans.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: Canucks v. Wild

Post by Robert »

DonCherry4PM wrote:Wow, everyone must be pumped about this game. :lol:

Looks like it will be yet another boring game pitting the stagnant Nucks v. the ironically named Wild.
Really? The last game was terrific. Don't let a stereotype tell you how a game went.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

randymeeks wrote: One of our few players outside of Luongo who has seemed to have shown up.
What? Lou has not played well. The second goal was bad.. I've not seen a good angle on the first so I wouldn't say he showed up.

Maybe just maybe the mild will get complacient now.. ?? (fingerscrossed)
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

After that first period, we are lucky to only be down 2-0. Our defence has been terrible these past few games. We can't blame that just on Luongo. Did you not see how Koivu made Mitchell look like a pylon on that play?
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Once Kesler and Burrows came back to earth...scoring has all but dried up.

They cant beat the teams in their div! Avs own them, Minny owns them, Calgary now owns them.

Best D man out - 2 top point producing forwards out for season. I'ts ugly with Nashville coming on.
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

" Playoffs?, We don't need no stinking playoffs'.....

Seems to be about thier attitude these days, no urgency whatsoever in thier play.... and damn, the golf courses here ain't open yet.

I've said it before, (to much harrassment, yet I was right) and I'll say it again......if they don't improve the offence, the defence and the goaltending, they'll be watching the playoffs on TV .
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Gotta shut down the Wild's pp right here....
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The Canucks started the year laying so well against teams in their own division and that stat has taken a major hit the last couple weeks,

Now it's 3-0. It's all over and done with. The Canucks couldn't come back three down if their lives depended on it.
24 hours sports reporter