Who?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Who's going to cave first?

NHLPA
74%
NHL
26%

Total votes: 19

Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

looks like this could be like the four year deadlock that happened in WWI where there was a stalemate on the battlefeild between the Controll Powers and the Allies on the western front, probably'll last that long too, wouldnt be a surprise
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

feritflame wrote:i really think that its foolish to give the leader of the winning side a bonus because both have dragged this crap out way too long and deserve the axe
Actually, Harley Hotchkiss recently told the press that Bettman doesn't have a CBA-related bonus in his contract. The League tried to give him one, but Gary turned it down on the basis that it might prejudice his ability to get the right deal done.

(Doubtless, Bettman also remembered the owners cutting him off at the knees in the CBA negotiations in '95 too . . .).
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Actually, Harley Hotchkiss recently told the press that Bettman doesn't have a CBA-related bonus in his contract. The League tried to give him one, but Gary turned it down on the basis that it might prejudice his ability to get the right deal done
good because i think that its ridiculous he should be rewarded for this unbeleivably long work stoppage
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Meerschaum wrote:.... that it might prejudice his ability to get the right deal done.
So far he has shown no ability. In soft words i'm not exactly a fan of Gary :twisted:
And if he ever will show some i hope it's not too late. :?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i dont think anyone but the owners is a fan of bettman, then again no ones really a fan of goodenow either
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i dont think anyone but the owners is a fan of bettman, then again no ones really a fan of goodenow either
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

looks like this could be like the four year deadlock that happened in WWI
What?? when did the 2 sides start killing each other?? Is it too late to switch my support to the players? 700 players on 30 owners? Baaaddd odds.....
i dont think anyone but the owners is a fan of bettman
I also think that in 20 years, there is a good chance that history will have written Bettman into the books as the guy who saved hockey -- and yeah, I don't really like him either.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

What?? when did the 2 sides start killing each other?? Is it too late to switch my support to the players? 700 players on 30 owners? Baaaddd odds....
i was refering to the standoff on the western front where no one advanced....dumbass
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I see sarcasm is lost on the young.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i noted the sarcasm but it was one of the stupidest things ive ever heard i couldnt but help respond to your idiocy
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I actually thought that comparing the two stalemates was a little on the idiotic, but hey, I guess a war encompassing the entire globe in which an entire generation of young men was killed is SO much like the hockey labour dispute that missed the simalarities. My bad.

So just on a side note, you fall asleep in history class much?
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

actualyl all the time, considering im a proffesional swimmer and im up at 4:30 every morning training my ass off, at least ill make something of myself MCP unlike you
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

well, if your sleeping all the time, when do you find the time to make those 11 posts a day?

Pro swimmer, lots of training. Must be what 2-3 hours a day?
15 years old, in school all day.

gotta sleep and eat some time.

Well, I must admit, you must be way more organized than I am to organize like that.

Either that, or you must have that waterproof laptop.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

Must be what 2-3 hours a day?
try 4-5
Either that, or you must have that waterproof laptop
meh, they'll come up with that sooner or later after all they came out with the water proof mp3 player built into your goggles, cept for the fact that the goggles are a piece of crap
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I think you missed what I was insinuating :whistle: