GDT: 03/20/08 Canucks vs Oilers, SNEt & 1040, 6pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

can we agree that lui is having a steady--and make it look easy game--if it was roloson vs roloson, this might be 3-2 in favor of the bad guys. lui is seeing through some pretty big bodies in front of him.

level--i think i hear what you're saying, but it's so frustrating sometimes to see Naslund play. He seems to fighting the puck all over the ice. He seems to have the right idea, the hockey sense, but his hands and feet don't respond for whatever reason. I thought the penalty was a pretty cheap call, he had aplayer on his elbow as the puck came down. and i agree that he has pretty good numbers still for a defensive system.

i agree that he's a classy guy, he doesn't complain, and he tries like a demon, and i hope he gets a bit more of his game back.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

What a beauty by Shannon, yihaaaaaaaaaaa Pyatt scores....wow. 3:0 cheers and goodbye Oilers. :mrgreen:

ps: Does anyone know why the Oil are playing in white road jerseys ?
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

woo-hoooooooooooo!!! nice pass from shannon, little move through the legs and over to a hustling pyatt!! pyatt also made a great defensive play to start that.
no more Bieksa-bashing!
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

Cookie La Rue wrote:

ps: Does anyone know why the Oil are playing in white road jerseys ?
it's "fan appreciation night" -- i guess the canucks are also appreciating the fans tonight...

do you guys here people cheering "louuuu" after a big save? maybe it's kikbutt?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

antro wrote:it's "fan appreciation night" -- i guess the canucks are also appreciating the fans tonight...

do you guys here people cheering "louuuu" after a big save? maybe it's kikbutt?
:lol: For sure, i'm feeling like it's a home game...very appreciated.

If kikbutt's in he must have lots of fun tonight.
I don't know exactly, maybe they're cheering "booooo" .....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

I'll lay off Naslund when he goes through a good stretch without taking a stupid obstruction penalty... good luck on that.

Good thing the Canucks added that thrid goal, as this game is far from over. It was that dangerous three goal lead again and while Vancouver began to lay back and play defensively, the Oilers came in hard and banged and crashed until the chances came. The Canucks need to put the pedal to the medal and not layoff the Oilers.
24 hours sports reporter
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu penalty is that ... the refs haven't called anything for about 10 minutes and now they call it

for cryin' out loud!!!!
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

TREVOR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yihaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

ps: and i agree, what the phak for a penalty was that, Mitchell just lifting the stick ???

But i take it, very appreciated shorthanded goal. :lol:
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

I had a feeling Trevor Linden would score tonight, I could just feel it. Linden has always played good against the Alberta teams and it's a pleasure to see him do it again. Hopefully there are many more to come!
24 hours sports reporter
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The Buzz: The Canucks continue their winning streak with an important victory over the Oilers, likely eliminating their chances of a post-season berth, much like they did to Phoenix earlier this week. Daniel Sedin snaps his goalless streak and all of Vancouver’s lines seem to be coming together.

Lamplighter: Matt Pettinger’s wrist shot off the post and in on a 2-on-1 with Markus Naslund in the second period proved to be the eventual game-winner.

X-file: Pettinger now has more goals (3) in his short time with the Canucks this year than he did up until the trade deadline with Washington (2).

Fisticuff: The game provided very few fireworks, at least compared to what was expected. Nathan McIver’s short tilt with Zach Stortini in the second period was the only fight of the game.

Stats Stupid: In their last meeting against one another, there was 193 penalty minutes, 14 fighting majors and eight misconducts handed out.

Special Ed: A perfect penalty kill plus a shorthanded goal from Trevor Linden makes for a good special teams night.

Sign of the times: The ‘Lui’ chants for Roberto Luongo grew throughout the game, despite Edmonton being the hosts.

Sin bin: The Canucks took three straight penalties late in the third period and were lucky not to give up any goals during that stretch.
24 hours sports reporter
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Daniel Wilson wrote:Sign of the times: The ‘Lui’ chants for Roberto Luongo grew throughout the game, despite Edmonton being the hosts.
Believe me it was "boooo" and not "louuuu". :roll:
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: GDT: 03/20/08 Canucks vs Oilers, SNEt & 1040, 6pm

Post by antro »

antro wrote: I'm thinking the Canucks pull out a nail biter, 3-2, Daniel (finally), Kesler and Pettinger with the winner. Hemsky and Gagner respond.
well, got 2 of the goal scorers, and pettinger with the winner, and the amount of goals, just one more for the nuckleheads.

solid game but you gotta think lui was the difference here, more than any other.

nice to see linden get a door slammer like that...it means he's going to enjoy the game more.

and there was a moment there in the 2nd, when stortini was htrowing dirty hits, and cowan and fitzgerald came over to let him know they were watching him (this was a couple of minutes before the fight)...that was an important signal.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

antro wrote:and there was a moment there in the 2nd, when stortini was htrowing dirty hits, and cowan and fitzgerald came over to let him know they were watching him (this was a couple of minutes before the fight)...that was an important signal.
Fitzgerald ???? I guess you mean McIver or Rypien....

Btw Colorado lost to Calgary, wouldn't it be pretty nice if these Oil are going to catch them ? They're playing each other for 2 times and 5 points back.....

Anyways there are 4 out of 5 northwest teams in the playoffs..... shit, what a division....
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

Cookie La Rue wrote:Fitzgerald ???? I guess you mean McIver or Rypien....

Btw Colorado lost to Calgary, wouldn't it be pretty nice if these Oil are going to catch them ? They're playing each other for 2 times and 5 points back.....
oops, yeah, i meant McIver...and rypien was about to fight smid--damn, what a gamer he is.

i agree, having edmonton to sneak in at 8th place...they're the type of team that has nothing to lose, and might pull a 1st round upset of the red wings...that'd be a big help.
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

That was a Sofa King enjoyable game to watch. Even though I missed the last game with the oil, I'll just say I think the best games to watch are with them. It just always seems to be a good game with some flow.. even if the refs try and screw it up.

I loved the goals tonight, they were beauties the kind that build momentum.. especially with TREV!

Is it just me or have do I notice so called "press box" guys come in and play great..and make big plays? Ramond, and tonight Shannon wow what a move. Kinda makes ya wonder why they are not regulars.. anyways we might have a lineup figured out now (opposition confused).. just in time for the show.

What can be said about Luongo that I'm sure hasn't been mentioned.. his play tonight reminded me of last years anaheim performance (almost)