Don Cherry called Kesler a RAT

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Postby mattola » Tue Mar 18, 2008 3:54 pm

what a great post Perfect.
User avatar
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 1855
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:44 am

Postby Joe Rockhead » Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:56 pm

Sorry guys I have read his book "Grapes " at least four times and I think it is you lot who are bieng cynical.

He grew up in Kingston a military town and was very involved in military bands and what not from a very young age. I believe this to be the orgin of his love for the troops and not as you say "brownie pionts". I think I know who the real cynical one is.

I have to respect a person that does not jump to what ever side of the fence that public opinion happens to be on. Call him racist or not he still tows the same line he has since he started on HNIC.

I have never heard wether or not Don supports the reason our troops are in that third world shit hole. Thats not for him to determine, he just supports the guy on the ground. I admire him for this.

When the f@#K have you ever seen a tribute to our troops on the news hour? Those sterile,m steam heated news reading pricks couldn't give two shits about our troops. Its not too hard to see that Don care a damn sight more .

Who the f@#k does go to Europe very often? Un f@#king real!

The pinko papers and shit scared of not bieng politically correct sports media all over this country are constantly taking shots at the guy. He quite often reads those shots at him on Coaches corner.

Youve been to the war memorial in Vimy Perfect? I've read the book Vimy by Pierre Burton twice atleast and would love to spend a day sitting at what was the Canadians front line just looking out at the ground they were expected to cross. I think only then would I ever understand the scope of what those men faced,. I envy you.

Why is it Don the Dinosaur? because he had the nerve to get old?
Don Cherry for P.M.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:19 pm
Location: North Delta

Postby Tukaram » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:10 pm

Joe Rockhead wrote:
Why is it Don the Dinosaur? because he had the nerve to get old?


It's because he's stuck in the past: his views on the game and its players are antiquated.
User avatar
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Ontario

Postby dr.dork » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:45 pm

Tukaram wrote:
Joe Rockhead wrote:
Why is it Don the Dinosaur? because he had the nerve to get old?


It's because he's stuck in the past: his views on the game and its players are antiquated.


He is also a complete Leaf homer. And hates anyone not born in Canada and east of bc or in (or west) of ontario.

I like him, but it is more of a morbid fascination thing.

I am ok with the troop thing. He doesn't go overboard, and it really is outside the context of news. Is it hockey related and outside of what HNIC is ? Maybe, but
I think his heart is in the right place there.

If nothing else, he is a straight shooter and what you see is what you get.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Postby BigBert » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:49 pm

Joe Rockhead wrote:Don Cherry is the best thing on the pinko CBC bar none!

Whats wrong with being a redneck? Rather be a redneck than a pinko!

Who else in the media gives a damn about our troops in Afganistan? If he didn't honor them who would?

Don Cherry still goes by the unwritten "code" . So does Darcy Tucker. Is it really that much of a mystery.


ok archie.
Disclaimer: This is an internet message board. The messages you read and their authors are to be taken seriously at your own risk. Remember, you don’t have ANY idea who these “people” really are, do you?
User avatar
BigBert
CC Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:38 pm

Postby BigBert » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:54 pm

Joe Rockhead wrote:Sorry guys I have read his book "Grapes " at least four times and I think it is you lot who are bieng cynical.

He grew up in Kingston a military town and was very involved in military bands and what not from a very young age. I believe this to be the orgin of his love for the troops and not as you say "brownie pionts". I think I know who the real cynical one is.

I have to respect a person that does not jump to what ever side of the fence that public opinion happens to be on. Call him racist or not he still tows the same line he has since he started on HNIC.

I have never heard wether or not Don supports the reason our troops are in that third world shit hole. Thats not for him to determine, he just supports the guy on the ground. I admire him for this.

When the f@#K have you ever seen a tribute to our troops on the news hour? Those sterile,m steam heated news reading pricks couldn't give two shits about our troops. Its not too hard to see that Don care a damn sight more .

Who the f@#k does go to Europe very often? Un f@#king real!

The pinko papers and shit scared of not bieng politically correct sports media all over this country are constantly taking shots at the guy. He quite often reads those shots at him on Coaches corner.

Youve been to the war memorial in Vimy Perfect? I've read the book Vimy by Pierre Burton twice atleast and would love to spend a day sitting at what was the Canadians front line just looking out at the ground they were expected to cross. I think only then would I ever understand the scope of what those men faced,. I envy you.

Why is it Don the Dinosaur? because he had the nerve to get old?



www.zeitgeist.com

spend a couple of hours and check it out...

another good one is called www.endgame.com. google endgame and you'll find the free version...

www.911loosechange.com is yet another.

take the time to watch these and ask why canadians are dying overseas, not why argueing for some ignorant old shithead like don cherry is occupying your time...
Disclaimer: This is an internet message board. The messages you read and their authors are to be taken seriously at your own risk. Remember, you don’t have ANY idea who these “people” really are, do you?
User avatar
BigBert
CC Rookie
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:38 pm

Postby Tukaram » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:34 am

I can't believe people still use the term "pinko." Talk about being a dinosaur. ;)
User avatar
Tukaram
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:50 pm
Location: Ontario

Postby Jovorock » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:27 am

dr.dork wrote:
Tukaram wrote:
Joe Rockhead wrote:
Why is it Don the Dinosaur? because he had the nerve to get old?


It's because he's stuck in the past: his views on the game and its players are antiquated.


He is also a complete Leaf homer. And hates anyone not born in Canada and east of bc or in (or west) of ontario.

If nothing else, he is a straight shooter and what you see is what you get.

Don is stuck in the past? He knocks most Euro's, knocks the Toronto coaching, hates the touch icing and the instigator rule. What is wrong with that? DC says it like it is, how these dumb Americans are killing the game.

Give me evidence that he he hates anyone not born in Canada.

Then you say he hates anyone born east of BC.

Then you say west of Ontario, which one or two do you mean?

Cherry has the balls to say what he believes and he loves his country, whats wrong with that?
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

Postby dr.dork » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:12 am

Jovorock wrote:Give me evidence that he he hates anyone not born in Canada.

Then you say he hates anyone born east of BC.

Then you say west of Ontario, which one or two do you mean?

Cherry has the balls to say what he believes and he loves his country, whats wrong with that?


I screwed up the east/west comment. There is a hierarchy of like/hate wrt Canada, with Ontario at the top of the list (especially Kingston) with Quebec clearly at the bottom of the list. He has been muzzled numerous times for his anti-french rants. That is well documented.

There is plenty of evidence that he hates (or at least dislikes) anyone from Quebec. How many times has he got in trouble for some stupid french comment. There is alot of evidence that he hates swedes and russians. (For evidence, see coaches corner).

The only thing wrong with what he says is that everything he says is usually wrong.

Having said all that, I don't have a major problem with him and I like watching him. It is a bit like watching a train wreck though.
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:13 am
Location: Vancouver

Postby Jovorock » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:23 pm

dr.dork wrote: It is a bit like watching a train wreck though.

With how bad this league is run whats wrong with a train wreck? Talk shows are still riping the NHL brASS on how many games Pronger got. This league is a joke and Cherry is the only one that has the BALLS to say it like it is IMO.
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 900
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

Postby Badfish » Wed Mar 19, 2008 7:51 pm

BigBert wrote:www.zeitgeist.com

spend a couple of hours and check it out...

another good one is called www.endgame.com. google endgame and you'll find the free version...

www.911loosechange.com is yet another.

take the time to watch these and ask why canadians are dying overseas, not why argueing for some ignorant old shithead like don cherry is occupying your time...


Zeitgeist is a great film and everyone should see it. I really mean everyone, even if you don't believe what is said 100% you are sure to get at least a greater understanding to the way things work. The third chapter about the world bank really is the most telling section of them all imo. Makes me sick, really.
User avatar
Badfish
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 789
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:50 pm
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby Linden Is God » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:56 pm

Joe Rockhead wrote:
The pinko papers and shit scared of not bieng politically correct sports media all over this country are constantly taking shots at the guy. He quite often reads those shots at him on Coaches corner.


Aren't these Pinkos that are bashing Grapes, essentially doing what Don does, by voicing their opinion?

I respect Don when he honours the troops and gives little safety tips to the kids. But when it comes down to it, I think Coaches Corner is crap because his insight on the NHL, imo, is horrible.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Postby JCardinal » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:26 pm

Honestly guys I don't think Cherry is quite all "there" anymore. I'm pretty sure I remember him calling Kessler a "warrior" at some point. He really doesn't put a lot of thought into what he's saying when he goes off on a rant sometimes and you have to take it all with a huge grain of salt.

And while you may have differing political views on the subject of Afghanistan etc, I don't see anything wrong with showing support for the people who have to go there and deal with it. They don't get to choose where they go and they've done a lot of good around the world and deserve respect.

No country exists without some way of defending it's borders (Tibet being the most current example), someone's got to do the job and I'm happy to support someone else who isn't me who volunteers to do it. :)


Kessler is not a rat by my estimation, he's a good all around player who sticks up for his team mates. Ruttuu was far more of a rat than Kessler and I still miss Ruttuu to this day because when they're "my" rats then I don't have any problem with it. :)

Bottom line for me is that Cherry is always entertaining, just take it for the spirit that the CBC airs it - entertainment.
User avatar
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:45 pm
Location: Vancouver Island, B.C.

Postby Soapy » Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:44 am

Tucker is a.....
Domi is a....
Kris King is a.....
Doug Gilmour is a...
Bill Berg is a......
News flash...an excellant checker gets on your nerves....wow....Cherry read a newspaper.........
Didn't the LEAFS ( in thier wisdom) insist on Kesler, Raymond, Bourdon & a pick for Sundin......really...honestly.....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
User avatar
Soapy
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, BC

Previous

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests