GDT: 03/17/08 Canucks vs Coyotes in YVR, 7pm, PPV - MUST WIN

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Phoenix defenseman Keith Ballard should have been penalized for his knee on Mason Raymond, but those are the breaks, I suppose. Raymond has yet to return to the bench, buit the fact he skated off on his own strength has to be a good thing.
24 hours sports reporter
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

I'm not sure he stuck his knee out on that actually, I think that's a fairly good hit, but hopefully Raymond is not seriously hurt.

Edit: I've seen it from a couple angles now and I'm less sure it was clean, he certainly had to lean to hit him, but I can't tell for sure if it was a blatant knee.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

has anyone lost their shaw ppv signal?
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

UpYerKilt wrote:has anyone lost their shaw ppv signal?
Yes, and all support lines are busy. What a fucking waste of money.
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The Buzz: The luck of the Irish sided with Vancouver on this St. Paddy’s Day, in yet another must win game for the home team. Many bounces went the Canucks way and factored in Henrik Sedin and Taylor Pyatt bumping scoring slumps, including a rare two-goal performance for Hank.

Donnybrook: Perhaps in honor of the Irish holiday, Rick Rypien and Daniel Carcillo dropped the gloves following the first goal of the game and offered the fans a spirited tilt, with a number of haymakers flying in both directions.

Bad Blood: Although the game only provided one fight, it was quite obvious the Canucks and Coyotes had issues stemming from their contest last week. It looked as if Alex Burrows, Kevin Bieksa and Willie Mitchell were planning a six-man tag team match with the likes of Ed Jovonovski, Shane Doan and Carcillo.

Sin bin: Carcillo finished the game with 21 minutes in penalties, including a five-minute fighting major and a 10-minute game misconduct.

Lamplighter: The Sedins continued to play on separate lines except for the power play where they combined for an insurance goal after Henrik knocked a Daniel rebound out of the air.

Turning Point: The killing of Kevin Bieksa’s double-minor for high sticking, early in the game, sparked the Canucks, who scored first, just moments after the kill.

Stats Stupid: The Canucks are 11-5-1 lifetime on St. Patrick’s Day.

Combo B: Gritty defenseman Nathan McIver was inserted into the Canucks line-up to combat Phoenix’s young, tough brood.

Sign of the times: The Canucks faithful were festively bedecked in green for St. Patrick’s Day and shamrock-coloured Canucks wear was on sale throughout GM Place.
24 hours sports reporter
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

solid win boyz, and we all called the final score 3-1, and all from irishmen ;) . luongo is playing in the zone, but it's also nice to see the team playing their system. there were 3rd period chances from phoenix, but they couldn't really get close.

i do wish the canucks would work on their 2/3 on 1's and breakaways. It's time to make teams pay, and put the game out of reach.

anyway, on to another smack-down with edm...
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hell yeah, go Canucks go.

Colorado lost to Minny, so i guess we're in 7th now because of a game more to play.

Hopefully Raymond is ok, looked serious. He skated to the bench on his own but didn't really loading his aching leg.

Phoenix is nearly out of the race now, so it's just Nashville to take care of. Luckily we're not the only ones who can be catched by them.

The last 9 games will be a wild ride...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

<i> Maybe its time for the Sedins? So... predicting a 3 to 1 Canucks victory.. Bieksa making another sloppy play or defensive error letting Doan score..</i>

Close call :)... nice to see H Sedin with 2... looks like a good run up to the playoffs.. Bieksa again looked terrible... hopefully Ohlund and Miller will be back in time for the playoffs .. Kevin looks like a #7 man at best. Good to see Rypien doing his thing :)...
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

Mikodat wrote:<i> Maybe its time for the Sedins? So... predicting a 3 to 1 Canucks victory.. Bieksa making another sloppy play or defensive error letting Doan score..</i>

Close call :)... Bieksa again looked terrible...
pretty close call...but it's more convincing if you don't use the word "maybe". ;)

but why you have it in for Bxa, i don't know. I only saw the 3rd, but he looked steady. I know he took the double - minor, but was there something else i missed?
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

<i> but why you have it in for Bxa, i don't know. I only saw the 3rd, but he looked steady. I know he took the double - minor, but was there something else i missed?</i>

Other than missing most of his checks.. sloppy passes.... dumb penalties and falling down to let Phoenix have a free shot at Luongo and not playing a good game all year .. you didn't miss a thing :)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
dr.dork
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by dr.dork »

Mikodat wrote:<i> but why you have it in for Bxa, i don't know. I only saw the 3rd, but he looked steady. I know he took the double - minor, but was there something else i missed?</i>

Other than missing most of his checks.. sloppy passes.... dumb penalties and falling down to let Phoenix have a free shot at Luongo and not playing a good game all year .. you didn't miss a thing :)
I agree Bieksa has been bad recently but he is better than mikodat claims. Two assists tonight can't be ignored on an offensively challenged team. but he has to be better for this team to go anywhere.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

dr.dork wrote:
UpYerKilt wrote:has anyone lost their shaw ppv signal?
Yes, and all support lines are busy. What a fucking waste of money.
In Kelowna I lost it half way into the third. I will call Shaw and get all my money back.
hoopsjunky
CC Rookie

Post by hoopsjunky »

In case anyone is interested, I just spoke with Shaw, and apparently, their support staff were sent an email stating that everyone's account will be credit the full amount for the game. Make sure you check your bill when you get it.

Crappy service, really, this PPV thing. I've only ordered it seven times and have had problems with it five times. :mad:
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

hoopsjunky wrote:In case anyone is interested, I just spoke with Shaw, and apparently, their support staff were sent an email stating that everyone's account will be credit the full amount for the game. Make sure you check your bill when you get it.

Crappy service, really, this PPV thing. I've only ordered it seven times and have had problems with it five times. :mad:
I refuse to order that crap. I watched at the pub and they were on satellite,...there was no interuption.
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

I encourage everyone to stop ordering PPV.

Almost every game ends up being streamed online somewhere. Once the game begins, you can normally figure it out through a link posted on a message board.

You get to see it for free and PPV will die a quick death. Two birds with one stone.