WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

who do you support

players
29%
owners
71%

Total votes: 24

dangler
MVP
MVP

WHO DO YOU SUPPORT?

Post by dangler »

Since there has been some disagreement as to who has the majority of the fans support, this poll should settle it.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

i picked players because i think that the players are the only ones that are making an effort to get hockey back, they keep makign offers that anyone could not refuse, obviously bettman isnt anyone, and all in all i feel that the NHL just doesnt want back hockey as much as the PA does
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

I think the owners .. they are the ones taking the risks ... putting up the investment ... the players are overpaid employees ... why should a business owner lose money because the employees make outrageous demands ?? Its gone on too long ... the owners are finally fed up.

Grizz
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

what about a Fan vote? who supports us.....
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

nobody supports the fans, not even the fans themselves. Zero respect.

How about another category....."neither"

I DON'T support the players because I cannot get behind their "philosophical" refusal for a cap. Its IGNORANT to say the least. At the same time I cannot support the owners because they REFUSE to address the primary PROBLEM here and that is lack of revenue SHARING. Until they're willing to cooperate & help each other I cannot get behind them either.

Both sides can go fuck themselves for all I'm concerned at this point.

Add a 3rd option & I'll vote.
Reverend Smack
CC Veteran

Post by Reverend Smack »

Sometimes all you get are 2 options, Clam. Neither side really cares about the fans, and as time passes the morons in charge will finally figure out that the fans could careless about either side.
I voted for the owners, and I look forward to the union being broken this fall.
The last offer by the NHL was the best "open the door" offer yet. Obviously it was loaded towards the owners, however it did make an opening for a counter offer from the NHLPA.
On the bright side I will be saving $25 bucks a month on my cable bill.
The truth may hurt...but it is still the Truth...Have a nice day :)
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

The last offer by the NHL was the best "open the door" offer yet. Obviously it was loaded towards the owners, however it did make an opening for a counter offer from the NHLPA.
I was quite surprised that there was no counter offer. It could also be that the players will make the sunday night at midnight offer jus tto get that all important last good word in with the media.

Too bad taht offer won't get looked at either.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I support the Owner's only by default. The two sports that deserve the most pay is football and hockey, but in the US hockey means dick!

So if you look at revenue, hockey is fourth in the US for revenue and might be taken over by womens NBA or Poker in Vegas?

Twenty five team in the NHL can't and shouldn't trust five teams in the NHL to keep cost certainty without a contract.

The players think they deserve more pay, and they do deserve it but the revenue doesn't agree, end of subject.

Will this ever end?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

I think that MLB players should donate half of the total salaries made in a season to the owners so that they dont have to worry about losing money for oh say the next 15 years, its absolutley ridiculous that a sport liek baseball doesn have a salary cap, i guess thats what happens when you have a luxury tax....
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The union runs the league in baseball, calls ALL the shots. Just look at steroid use & how its accepted. This latest testing thing is a JOKE, no punishment whatsoever when you consider what they earn.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

but then why cant our PA call all the shots, why cant we havea pushover commisioner like Selig of the MLB stupid buttman
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I would have voted owners based on the fact the players already make too much but based on the latest developments....the fact the players made ALL the concesions (rollback, cap etc) I'm voting players. The owners will NOT share revenue thus proving they aren't about the good of the game whatsoever & truely only own teams for status & profit......pure GREED. The players aren't angels by any means but they do love the game & their willingness to negotiate proves that.
Consider me no longer on the fence....although its still the fans who get screwed by both sides in the end.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

its a catch-22 if you ask me
svts
MVP
MVP

Post by svts »

ClamRussel wrote: although its still the fans who get screwed by both sides in the end.
its a catch-22 if you ask me
Or a bisexual's wet dream.
If a man can remember what he worried about last week, he has a very good memory.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

silver..... we dont wanna talk about your personal life, this isnt a support group, its a hockey forum :roll: