GDT: Canucks @ Dallas - 4pm - CBC and 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

levelheaded wrote:Like a leaves fan.

:(
:lol:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

anyone who thinks this is a big win is kidding themselves. Turco starts WE LOSE THIS GAME.

dont get ahead of yourselves Canucks and Canucks Fans. If we are proud of this game we are delusional. it was THREE NOTHING and we barely scrape out the 1 goal win........barely....

Go Oilers GO.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

antro wrote:
levelheaded wrote:Like a leaves fan.

:lol:
Not anymore, they lost to Buffalo. I guess it's finally over for them. Does anyone expect them to win all remaining games ?

oh btw i said 2 days ago expect the unexpected and we've witnessed it in Dallas. :rockin: :cheers:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The Buzz: Vancouver came out on fire and chased starting goalie Johan Holmqvist, only to blow a 3-0 lead to Dallas’ potent offence. The Canucks won in the end though, after a lucky bounce and Brendan Morrison’s first goal since returning last week.

Goat for the Game: Surprise starter Holmqvist left the game in the first period after letting in a couple of soft goals, but that seemed to spark Dallas, who stormed back to tie the game going into the third period.

Turning Point: Joel Lundqvist’s goal with 14 seconds left in the first period started the Stars comeback, helped by Marty Turco’s return between the pipes to start the second stanza, making a game of a one-way contest.

Lamplighter: Brad Richards’ breakaway deke, shorthanded in the second period pulled Dallas even with Vancouver at 3-3, setting up an interesting third period.

Combo B: In an effort to spark the brothers, the Sedins spent most of the game apart from one another. Daniel played with Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows, while Henrik was plugged in with Mason Raymond and Taylor Pyatt. The twins only played together on the power play and neither picked up any points.

X-file: Ryan Kesler scored on the power play in the first period to reach the 20 goal plateau for the first time in his career.

Stats Stupid: Morrison’s goal was his first since Dec. 5.

Special Ed: Not a good day for the Canucks special teams. They killed off a 5-on-3 power play before Dallas scored on the 5-on-4 and followed it up shortly with a shorthanded tally.
24 hours sports reporter
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mattola wrote:anyone who thinks this is a big win is kidding themselves. Turco starts WE LOSE THIS GAME.

dont get ahead of yourselves Canucks and Canucks Fans. If we are proud of this game we are delusional. it was THREE NOTHING and we barely scrape out the 1 goal win........barely....

Go Oilers GO.
Honestly, did you expected a blowout ?

Of course i'm proud that this mediocre team is capable of doing some troubles to other more skilled teams. Keep things in perspective.

btw Go Oil Go now. 8-)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

no Cookie I expected a better defensive effort with a 3-0 lead. this was pathetic. there is no way to spin this other than 2 pts. that is it. this is no bandwagon. everyone of you KNOW this game should have been over in the first period but we let them peck.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

I know what you mean, but first the Canucks aren't known of doing that, that' s a fact and especially not to a team what i won't call exactly a peewee league team.

Nowadays there's nearly no team which is capable of , too much "parity", and again with the coin toss, there's a chance of 50% all over this fuckin league, sometimes it's a blowout and sometimes the other team's storming back. so many examples....

ps: i just got hope but no expectations.... ;)
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Cookie La Rue wrote:I know what you mean, but first the Canucks aren't known of doing that,

that is why we dont have a STanley Cup
Cookie La Rue wrote: ps: i just got hope but no expectations.... ;)
I ALWAYS HAVE HOPE.... ALWAYS. you know it and so do 100% of the people that know me.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mattola wrote:I ALWAYS HAVE HOPE.... ALWAYS. you know it and so do 100% of the people that know me.
That's for sure, buddy. I know that.

btw Hemsky scores, Oil 1:0 8-)
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

yeah, this thread should automatically turn into GDT for the oilers, who now have all the west coast rooting for them.

about the game. i agree that Vancity should have slammed the door, and you feel like last year's version would have. but i do think they maintained their composure, got good goaltending in the 3rd, linden had jump and played well, cowan the nimble and rypien threw a few hits, raymond looks poised with the puck, pettinger probably had his best game, they played pretty good D at 4-3...in short, it wasn't that bad.

on the other hand, besides bad goaltending in the 1st, i thought the refs gave out some questionable PP to dallas, and i thought dallas was lucky to get a 5 on 3 off a crap call, and a bad bounce over raymond's stick. and that's 2 goals right there.

let's hope they carry this over into phoenix game, and settle into their roles a bit more.

and and yeah, this probably won't be the year they win the stanley cup, but they gave us all a bit more hope today.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

good post antro
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

1:1 a few minutes ago, pretty weak goal. Roloson should had saved this one.

But on the other side, our destiny lies in our hands anyways...
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

2-1 for the good guys...pitkanen keeps the ball rolling
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

levelheaded wrote:. Maybe I'm an optimist, but I won't give up hope until we're statistically eliminated.

Like a leaves fan.

not exactly, leaves fan carry on hope WAY beyond elimination. :lol:

Sweet win boys! i enjoyed the game.
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Lets face it... the Canucks got lucky tonight.. first in facing a back up goaltender.. 2nd in BMo bouncing one in off a Dmans face.. The new line with Pettinger looked good.. but Bieksa looked terrible on D and combining him and Edler on PP backfired bigtime... For the most part the twins continue to do nada.. Sure a win is a win is 2pts... So we will kinda celebrate but it sure wasn't because of a great game by the Canucks.. Still good to see Mo back ....
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(