Kesler & Burrows.....to spark Sedin twins and Naslund:

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

Hey guys/gals,

Just wanted to know your thoughts on this:

As we all know, Kesler and Burrows have elevated their games as of late.....while the Sedins' and Naslund have been cold. The question that I have, is should Kesler and Burrows be used to SPARK the Sedins' and Naslund?

In other words - do you think it would be a good idea to SEPARATE Kesler and Burrows, and use them on the top two lines?

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Naslund-Morrison-Kesler

OR

Sedin-Sedin-Kesler
Naslund-Morrison-Burrows

If Kesler were to play with the twins, he'd provide that line with some grit. Kesler is also a guy that has no problem driving the net. On top of that, he's a right handed shot. Kesler's speed would also make him a good fit for the Naslund/Morrison line. Kesler's willingness to play physical might also open things up for Naslund. If Kesler prefers playing center, then you could shift Morrison to RW.

Burrows would also help create space on both the Sedin and Naslund line. As we've seen of late, Burrows also has some offensive potential.

Now - here are the million dollar questions:

A) Would Kesler and Burrows still be effective WITHOUT playing with one another? (and in a non-checking line role).

B) Is it worth TRYING to split up the hottest duo and hottest checking line on the Canucks right now (Kesler and Burrows) with the HOPE of igniting your THREE (four if you include Morrison) top offensive threats?
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

IMO the Sedins need another line to be a consistent scoring threat,so the other teams can't focus solely on shutting down the Sedins,thus giving them more scoring opportunities.
The Kesler/Burrows line could be that other line.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

... not sure I would want to separate those two as they are our only flicker of offence right now ...

How about giving Kesler and Burrows the #1 ice time and most of the time as the #1 unit on the PP for a while to see if the interest can be sparked back into the Sedin's as they watch a while ... ?? Or is it just the time of year when all the sluggin' is tough and the Sedin's just have to push through the adversity ... give them more ice time ??

Grizz
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

No way you split them up, they actually have chemistry. Naslund is beyond sparking, he just doesn't have the ability any longer, stop beating a dead hore, it's almost over. As for the Sedins Kesler's game is all speed (lets be honest his hands in tight and his shot aren't great) so no fit there if you ask me.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

what I would like to try is

D Sedin - Morrison - Raymond
Naslund - H Sedin - Pyatt
Burrows - Kesler -Shannon
Isbister - Ritchie - Pettinger
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

the toucan kid wrote:stop beating a dead hore.

I know you meant Horse. but man oh man it made me laugh seeing Hore....
the toucan kid
CC Legend

Post by the toucan kid »

:shock: time to start proof-reading. Stupid political scandals...
Canuck2
CC Veteran

Post by Canuck2 »

Speaking about the two, they are in the top ten:

link