GDT: Canucks vs. Red Wings, 10 pm EST, 7 pm Pacific......

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Jyrki21 wrote:L_I_G, you never answered me: were you the caller from Timmins on TEAM 1040 after last game??

Jimmy Howard isn't an unknown -- he's been one of the top goalie prospects around for a couple of years now. Losing to him would be no embarrassment, though the blue line the Wings are rolling looks eerily familiar to Canuck fans.

For all Vancouver outshout them in the first period, I didn't find that they looked particularly in control. Detroit's puck movement was, unsurprisingly, better than the Canucks'.

And you just knew that when they incorrectly put that faceoff in Vancouver's zone that the puck wouldn't leave until it was in the back of the net. :evil:

It's too bad וויניפג ג'טס's prediction can no longer come true, as for all I think the shutout is an utterly meaningless stat (it is, all arguments to the contrary are truly lame), it's been a while since he had one, and it seems weird that Pascal Leclaire got yet another tonight.
Jyrki I never saw you ask the question. Which thread was it in? Anyways, no it was not me. You have me curious as to who it was because I honestly don't know any other Canucks fans in town.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Looking forward to a post game rap by Matty & Cookie.

Was the Raymond-Shannon-Cooke line as impressive in person ?

Looked like AV wanted their speed on the ice often to put pressure on the Wings tired Alberta legs. While they didn't score, it was impressive on the screen.

A confidence builder for sure. Good to see some rockets from the point by Edler & Salo. This will open up some ice for the forwards especially on the PP if they can keep it up.

With the D back healthy for the most part, this should be a different Nux team for the last 20 or so games.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

not much to say about the game. Canucks took advantage of a injury depleted Wings team and played quite well. I thought Kesler should have been #1 but cant argue with some of the saves Lou made. Kes was awesome.

Cookie had a great time and last I saw him was in the lineup to the Cecil :)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Linden Is God wrote:Jyrki I never saw you ask the question. Which thread was it in? Anyways, no it was not me. You have me curious as to who it was because I honestly don't know any other Canucks fans in town.
Last post if the Preds' thread... I wasn't sure if you were in Timmins at this point or not, but either way I figured you'd be curious to know you weren't alone. :)
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

mattola wrote:Cookie had a great time and last I saw him was in the lineup to the Cecil :)
Thanks a lot for taking me with you, Matty, it was awesome. And you know the story how i got in..... :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'