GDT: Canucks host the Blues - 7:00 CBC, Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Canucks host the Blues - 7:00 CBC, Team 1040

Post by Cornuck »

Let's see.... we won our last game, so this must be how we're feeling:

Canucks should be out to prove that the 6-2 win over the Preds wasn't a fluke. Hopefully, they'll be able to put 2 regulation wins together.

NHL.com preview

Sportsnet preview

GO CANUCKS!!
Last edited by Cornuck on Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Drunken pot luck triple header tonight for me and the boys starting at 4 eastern. Let's hope the boys can dominate the Blows like they did to the Preds.

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

The Canucks received some surprisingly good news Saturday.

Not only did Kevin Bieksa and Ryan Kesler get medical clearance to play but so did Mattias Ohlund who, just a few days ago, many people thought would miss the rest of the regular season because of bone chips in his knee.

The pain and swelling in Ohlund's knee have subsided and it's a good bet he will play Saturday against St. Louis.

"He looked fine this morning ... and if he looks good in warmup and says he can play, he'll play," Vigneault said.

Ohlund said he felt ready.
http://communities.canada.com/theprovin ... eared.aspx
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Great news!!
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Quote:
The Canucks received some surprisingly good news Saturday.

Not only did Kevin Bieksa and Ryan Kesler get medical clearance to play but so did Mattias Ohlund who, just a few days ago, many people thought would miss the rest of the regular season because of bone chips in his knee.

The pain and swelling in Ohlund's knee have subsided and it's a good bet he will play Saturday against St. Louis.

"He looked fine this morning ... and if he looks good in warmup and says he can play, he'll play," Vigneault said.

Ohlund said he felt ready.

Wow....great to hear. After all the gloom and doom of all the guys who appeared ready to head to the hospital on Thursday, this is excellent. We can beat anyone when we are healthy.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow - quiet night tonight!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Great game. Exciting as hell in the dieing minutes. The refs really helped us win this one though, we had 8 powerplays to their 3 (I think). Burrows was great, Edler on the other hand seemed to make it his personal mission to blow the game for us. Own goal, ran into Luongo twice, a couple bad turnovers. Definitely his worst game in a while.

Good to get the win, that was important. (Two game win streak! :roll: )
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

So..yeah.....Ohlund out for the season (cough cough TSN).....I guess his goal tonight was scored by his ghost or his wife dressed in his uniform........

Nice to see the boys win. i really didn't think they would pull it off, you know with past history and stuff. Gad to be proven wrong.

Big west coast swing coming up. Not winning two of three on this trip will be classified as a big disappointment in my books,

GO CANUCKS GO!!

P.S. This win make me so happy. Seeing as I had a friend who is a Blows fan and said Kariya would be more then a point per game player and te Blows would be a minimum 6th ranked team.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

yeah to me ohlund didn't look out of place or favoring his knee at all and looked once when they had the camera on him that he wanted to stay on the ice. Was great to see his ghost wife score. Hopefully it can stay healthy enough for him to keep playing. I really like the physicallity this team has when they bring it. Love watching Bieksa being very tough infront of the net, and Kes have some good shots at Johnson, Stempniak and Jackman. Best game i have seen Burrows play as a canuck i think. Mind you i haven't seen every game.. but yeah he was just incredible tonite.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

Edler did have a shakey game, thats unlike him.

Overall its a win, but just getting past the Blues isn't a great win but we'll take the 2 points.
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

That was the best game I've ever seen Burrows play... simply outstanding... we need guys like him to step up if the Canucks want a shot at a playoff spot...

What's with us and not shooting the puck on the PP?

Ryan Shannon had a chance to seal the deal on the PP, but couldn't control the hard slap-passes from the defense or the Sedins...

Defense weren't communicating out there... 1st St. Louis goal shouldn't have happened...
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

jchockey wrote:That was the best game I've ever seen Burrows play... simply outstanding... we need guys like him to step up if the Canucks want a shot at a playoff spot...

I agree with you 100%, is just me or has Burrows taken it up a notch since the Cooke trade? Burrows always works hard, but he seems lately like he's on a mission.