GDT: Canucks @ Avs - 6:30 - Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

It does look a bit bleak tonight. The effort was there but I really am not sure we are all that talented. We need Morrison back really really badly to give us some more playmaking. The game winning goal to be fair was an absolute fluke. Pettinger blocks a shot that goes off his foot and picks the top corner. One in a hundred chance and we lose it. The hockey gods hate us. We might squeak into the playoffs but if you can't score more than 1 or 2 goals a game you just aren't going to win.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Mitchell said in the intermission they have to play their trademark game. 2-1 2-0 type game.

oh for crying out loud.
nuckknowitall1944
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckknowitall1944 »

I hear all your guys frustration with this team, i don't understand why we are playing like this, is it a mutiny on vigneault ? has the trade deadline tipped the balance in this conference that much?? maybe cooke did mean more then we thought to this team!!!an seriouslly why the fuck would we sit raymond?? we already lack talent as it is ..

All i can say is that dave nonuts better have a game plan for the offseason because like levelheaded said if we do make the playoffs we're not going deep!! so july 31st is judgement day for nonuts!!!
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Shyte............ Is there anyone out there that still thinks we should keep Naslund or that the Sedin's are untouchable? 4 straight bad games no offence and a defensive liability..

argggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh

sometimes its tough to be a Canucks fan ;)
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

mikodat. its not just the sedins and naslund. its the entire forward ranks minus maybe Shannon :)
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

yeah Matt but the others aren't supposed to be the #1 line .. and the others are doing better than Sedin line... check the latest game for cheap penalties and lousy defensive play........
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

with the way AV runs this system. we dont use our #1 line properly anyway. he uses grinders in some strange areas. Im not sure they are being utlized properly to have success. hes not an offensive coach.

if there was a trade of the sedins this off season I would hope its out east as they would eat that conference alive and we should get the most return. I dont think they will be traded but if we DO make the playoffs and they disappear again I would support a trade. could you imagine though that our ENTIRE forward ranks minus, a few kids and pyatt would all be new. that is as scary as coming back with this same group.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

The Sedins are slumping right now, no question and any team whose first line stops scoring will go into a slump. The Sedins have been consistent this season up until now and it is infuriating they have picked the worst time to slump. Naslund is another story. He has had frequent slumps this season and is not a first line player anymore. No points in six games, no SOG until the third period against the Avalanche. Unlike the announcers on TV, I didn't think the forwards played that well, no sustained pressure in Colorado's zone at all anytime in the game. They spent more time nursing a one goal deficit than trying to tie the score and I'm sure Vigneault will try to sit out Shannon for having the audacity of scoring to tie the game on the PP. After all, he is too small and Byron Rtichie with his 2 goals is ready to return to the lineup.