GDT - 3/2/08 Canucks @ Blackhawks **NOON** SN/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT - 3/2/08 Canucks @ Blackhawks **NOON** SN/1040

Post by mattola »

noon start.

this team better come out and DESTROY the hawks.

Naslund and the twins better show up with their best game
This Defense better start to learn to protect that lead a little better than it has the last 2 games
I better stay sober at least until 1.

I predicting a Canucks win 4-1

Pettinger, Naslund, H.Sedin, Pyatt (2A D. Sedin )
Luongo stops 42 shots

GO CANUCKS GO
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I have an essay to work on all day, so I won't be watching the game. I think we should be able to win this one, as the Hawks have played like a team going through the motions for a while, but we can't just assume we'll take this one.

With that said I say 4-2 Canucks. Pettinger (I almost typed Cooke :(), Kesler, Ohlund and Daniel (EN)

Toews and Byfuglien will reply for the Hawks

GO CANUCKS GO
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

being out played by a bunch of minor leaguers, over 10 min to get thier first shot on goal.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Horrible start - or they are going to try to come back from 2-0 to make up for the BJ game.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

3 shots in 30 minutes...???? :shock:

... and this is supposed to be a team tied for last playoff spot?? Could expect some more determination...
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

First time I predict the score in over a month and we get totally outplayed by a terrible team.

That's the last time I do that for a while.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

4 - 1 now

may as well switch it over to Golf, at this rate, that's about where our Canucks will be very soon.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

Absolutely pathetic performance by this team. Especially by the Sedins. When your third line is our best line, we aren't going to win.

Does this team have any clue that it is tied for 9th place in the conference? I feel for Luongo. He deserves better than this.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

you know what I like about these preseason games? The fact that they don't matter! Yesiree, it's nice to be able to just shrug it off and, cause its really not that imperative and there's no urgency to win or anything, you know, being preseason and all-

what's that you say? It's friggin' MARCH?

ugh. But's lets be positive... we finally have our top six d that we've all been waiting for! I mean, shoot, without them it would of been what, 8-1, 12-1?

Sometimes I really really REALLY hate this team, in that way that you say it, but know in your heart the reason you're so mad is because you cant NOT care.

Frack.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Wow - 10 shots in a critical game... if that's how they perform with a little pressure, and little bit of pride riding on a game, I don't have a lot of hopes for any playoff success.
Last edited by Cornuck on Sun Mar 02, 2008 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

worst effort of the season.

nothing

nadda

zip

terrible performance of this team. are they tuning out AV or nonis? the last 3 games since the deadline have been lackluster and flat. They have thrown away leads and come out against a AHL team like this. 10 fracking shots. TEN

good grief.
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

The thing I find to be a little scary is that they rebounded with such a horrible performance after two straight third period meldowns. After those last two games, you would think they team would be mad and would rebound with a good effort today. The exact opposite happened.

Our next two games are against Colorado and Nashville. If we lose those games, our season could very well be over. If they don't rebound and at least play well against Colorado, it is time to be VERY afraid.
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Ten Shots.

I don't think anything more needs to be said.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

That was by far the worst game of the season, you knew that they would come out hitting because of how many younger guys they had in their lineup today, but you would figure that the experience of the canucks would be able to get them past that. I just couldn't believe how everything looked so non chanlant. Didn't seem like anyone was skating hard today. Very dissapointing and very upsetting about what might happen to this team. They better turn things around quickly cause otherwise we will have to switch over to golf to be watching them.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

levelheaded wrote:Ten Shots.

I don't think anything more needs to be said.
Your in a playoff hunt and you get 10 shots? :oops:

Time for a bag skate for a effort like that.

Neil McRae will roast them on Monday. Doesn't he always roast them even when they win?