GDT February Sat. 16 , Oilers @ GM Place on CBC

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

GDT February Sat. 16 , Oilers @ GM Place on CBC

Post by Cookie La Rue »

About 20 minutes to go.

Another desperate quest in the search of 2 points in regular time...

Another difficult game because the Oilers are even more desperate.

Somehow, i hope....beat'em bust 'em, and leaving now for the game on tv.....

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

Pretty shitty national anthem, but so far everything else has been spirited

Go Canucks Go
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I love the feistiness of this game. Very entertaining.

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

What an incredible first period. Kickass in every way. I hope that sets the tone for the rest of the game.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

What is Vigneault's mad, passionate manlove for Byron Ritchie? Ritchie blew the down low coverage on Reasoner's goal and is now a team worst -14. He maybe "gritty" but he's a 4th line forward, no more no less. Vigneault's decisons to give a 2 goal scorer with a horrible +/- so much ice time is killing this team. I mean, phak, it's like Crawford with Cloutier, Sopel and Cooke all over again.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I dunno, it may be the few beers I've had so far, but I like what Ritchie has done so far tonight (aside from Reasoner's goal). He's doing a helluva lot more then Cooke is.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Well I was never an Isbister fan, but kudos to him for getting into two tussles tonight.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Man what a great game. This is the first time I've watched a full Canucks game this year. Makes me want to get a dish and get Centre Ice.

How awesome is Kesler and Burrows?

MacTavish is such a bush league coach, putting Stortini on the last shift.

Huge props to Weaver for sticking his own in a fight where he was grossly out sized.

As much as I hate the Oil, I'd love to have guys like Brodzniak and Stortini on my team.

And is Gilbert that good for him to play that many minutes or are the Oilers hurt that much?

I can't believe all the line brawls, I haven't seen a game like this in ages. I LOVE IT!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOO GO CANUCKS GO :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

:mrgreen: Hopes fulfilled and they took my words.

Beat'em bust'em...

Great punishment by the Ö-boys on the Gilbert giveaway.

And by speaking of punishment, Cooke laid down some really mean hits...

Go Canucks Go
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

wow... great game live. nothing like a great game for the first trip to the garage. Although watching Luongo wrench his arm on the post 20 ft in front of you in enough to make you fill your shorts...
Canuck_4_Life
AHL Prospect

Post by Canuck_4_Life »

It looked as though Gilbert was having more and more problems as he racked up the minutes, in the absence of Souray.

The anthem was brutally long and somewhat out of sync.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

I gotta say that was the best game i have seen all year by this team, or these teams. It was incredibly intense and i love how it started of with Ritchie and stortini at the start where ritchie didn't want to leave his position. The only thing that really bothered me was the call on burrows at the end. cause now he might get a suspension.. probably not but still it has to be reviewed im pretty sure cause of the 5 and a game. The no call on Staios at the end, and the No call on Cookes hit although im less worried about that now after seeing McTavish's comments after the game. Great game and hopefully they can go into minni with the same attitude about that game. Tough loss to see pyatt go he has been one of our better players as of late. It was also to bad to lose his size in a game like that.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Game of the year. No doubt about it. Loved every aspect of it other than Cooke's hit. He deserved a penalty there. You just have to let up when you see the numbers like that.

Good to see the boys stick up for themselves.

Good to see them win an end to end game even if it was against a non-playoff team.

Too bad the next time we meet them the Oil probably won't be in the hunt. If they are it could be a good game.
R.I.P. Luc.
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

WOW, GREAT game, except at the end it started to get a bit ridiculous, I loved the look of Cooke on the bench just enjoying the festivities. I have mixed feelings on the Cooke hit, it was obvious that Smid knew he was going to hit him, and instead of adjusting to absorb the contact, he leaves himself in a vulnerable position, either hoping Cooke doesn't touch him OR he does and his team gets a PP. It seems like a new trend as I see not only D, but forwards down low doing this too, even though it's completely retarded...

...and congrats to the 5"9 Weaver holding his own against the 6"4 Glencross, atta boy!
Bill Laforge
CC Rookie

Post by Bill Laforge »

Interesting that AV left Linden out after he turtled against Morneau. Probably did so to send a message that all players must step up no matter who they are. Sad that Trev didn't take on the challenge and turtled for a second time. What was with the hiding his hands in his face? I know he isn't tough but everyone else on the team stepped up, do you think Weaver wanted to fight? The image of Greene lying on top of Trev who lay there like a victim of a bear attack laying their motionless was a bit disturbing, i guess we know now that in the vernacular of the West End that Trev is a "bottom" Besides that whole scene the team took on all comers and got a tough win. I think we know now why AV does not like Trev. Sad how embarrassed Trev looked when the camera showed him after the melee.