GDT - 2/7/8 Canucks @ Thrashers 4 PM SN and 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Regulation win when trailing after 2... that's a new one.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

After a 2 months, a road regulation win was VASTLY needed!

Here's to rolling into the playoffs.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

That one must have felt good for the boys. It sure felt good for me.

1 in a row. Can they make it two against the Avs on Sat?
R.I.P. Luc.
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

i finally looked at the standings after two weeks...couldn't believe that as bad as the 'nucks have been doing, they are only 3 points back of the division leading wild, who have only played one less game...it's kinda feeling like musical chairs--whoever doesn't have a losing streak when the season ends will end up in the playoffs.

here's hoping that the 'nucks have bucked theirs.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

ahhhhh the sky is falling the sky is falling..
oh wait now that we won a game we are three points back of minnisota and top in the division...
I just don't get it when people say that this team isn't okay. it was a big win tonite. and i know the sky is falling comment could go the other way but i don't think that we are ready to win the cup just yet. I'm just saying it was a needed two points and hopefully they can come home and have a big two games against the hawks and the avs.. can't wait to watch hockey day in canada. Anyways great win,
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

who said the sky is falling?

what i said was that as bad as things have been, i was surprised the team is only 3 points back of minnesota. but that seems to be b/c teams take turns going into losing streaks.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Wow, easily the most heartless initial 30 minutes of hockey I've seen the Canucks play all season followed by picking themselves up, growing a collective pair and winning.

For the first time this season I was feeling pissed off and disgusted at the whole team other than Louie until about halfway through the game when Raymond started stepping it up and others started to follow. Then it all turned around.

Louie was solid tonight as well when he needed to be.

For the first half of the game I was thinking "All this talk about defense? Defense is *not* the problem, the forwards are lazy bastards who could care less"

Hope it's the start of something good.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Broda wrote:ahhhhh the sky is falling the sky is falling..
oh wait now that we won a game we are three points back of minnisota and top in the division...
I just don't get it when people say that this team isn't okay. it was a big win tonite. and i know the sky is falling comment could go the other way but i don't think that we are ready to win the cup just yet. I'm just saying it was a needed two points and hopefully they can come home and have a big two games against the hawks and the avs.. can't wait to watch hockey day in canada. Anyways great win,
I dont think anyone here is saying we are fixed but the way we got the 2 points tonight to pull it out in the final 20 mins which is something we have done ONCE this year and in a Shootout is a huge step towards getting better. Im proud of their final 30 but I despised the first 30 the road trip is now .500 in points and we can build off that and hopefully get a dman back by sat or sun and start playing as a full team...

good win... now back to work for the team
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

guess this kinda makes saturday's game vs. the Avs kinda big, eh? Winner moves into the playoff spot. We can catch 'em with a win...
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

one thing as well on the winning goal. Didn't Lethonen dive on that play when his own players stick hit him and then Burrows scored.
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

Great character win after playing a lousy first 30 minutes... My highlights were:
- Pyatt continuing to play well and use his body effectively, even if he didn't get on the scoreboard...
- Luc Bourdon looking confident and playing very well with Ohlund
- Ohlund's save... Anyone know what his 'personal issues' back home were all about?
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

I was at the game last night. It was a big win, and we were lucky - we got outplayed much of the game. Luongo was back on his game and made some outstanding saves. Hope this is our turnaround point so we can get back to the wins we had in Nov and Dec.

It was nice to see so many Canucks fans at the game too - good to talk to fellow Canucks fans at an away game. There was a Calgary fan there too... but we all made fun of him (all in good natured fun :) ).

Nonis was also there. During warm up, he came out the tunnel, talked to the trainers for a second, then to all of us crowding the rail he said it was good to see Canucks fans there at the game and then he dissapeared up the tunnel. Wonder if he was there to watch Hossa? ;)
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

Sorry about the confusion, i wasn't saying you were saying the sky is falling. Just making reference to a few posts in the last couple of weeks that some people are saying oh fire this person trade this guy do this do that. We are dead in the water. The West is so tight and a good night like that last night with Calgary and Minny both losing in regulation was a big night for us and now we are just a few points back of being neck and neck with them again. A regulation win over the Avs tomorrow would be another huge effort. Can't wait.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Broda wrote:Sorry about the confusion, i wasn't saying you were saying the sky is falling. Just making reference to a few posts in the last couple of weeks that some people are saying oh fire this person trade this guy do this do that. We are dead in the water. The West is so tight and a good night like that last night with Calgary and Minny both losing in regulation was a big night for us and now we are just a few points back of being neck and neck with them again. A regulation win over the Avs tomorrow would be another huge effort. Can't wait.
no worries broda I wasnt thinking that, I just wanted to make sure noone misunderstood my meaning of my excitable post after the win. I just used your comments to emphasize it :)

Playoffs may come down to the last 9 Div games of the season.. how huge will that be
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

MATTY, i got to work the whole week, so not much live canucks hockey, but i'm back again on WE.....

I#m feeeling like a kid again ..... two teams want me to play .....

Play Go Canucks Go... huge cheers.... 12 days to go....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'