GDT - 2/5/08 Canucks @ Stars 530 TV SN Radio TEAM 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT - 2/5/08 Canucks @ Stars 530 TV SN Radio TEAM 1040

Post by mattola »

The Captain beneath the mountains,
The Captain of carven stone,
The lord of blue and white fountains
We need him to come into his own!

His letter shall be upholden,
His stick shall be smoldering,
His goals shall echo golden
To chants of yore fans holding.

The stars shall break on mountains
And our goalie beneath the sun;
His saves shall flow in fountains
On the Canucks golden run.

GO CANUCKS GO!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Of all the must win situations this year, this is by far the biggest. Dallas is an extremely tough test. If we want to prove we deserve to be in the playoffs, we have to win and look good doing so. Two points here could mean the difference between continuing this losing streak or quickly climbing back into contention.

I say we turn things around tonight.

3-1 Canucks. Naslund, Daniel and Cooke. Bourdon with a pair of assists. Riberio will score for the Stars late in the 3rd.

GO CANUCKS GO
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Nice poem Matt.

IMO this is NOT a 'must-win' game.

Given the injuries and holes on defence, I'll be thrilled if we're contenders after 60 minutes.

Although a win would be thrilling, just being in the game will send a strong message.

C'mon guys...you've bonded and had lots of rest.

Show us what you've got.

Make us believers again.... :mex:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Has there been any official word on Ohlund?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

hes not back according to 1040 including shorty and tommy
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

i have to admit i'm worried about the score, but i'm sure of one thing: this is zack fitzgerald's first nhl game, and the guy had 853 PIM over 4 seasons in the WHL, 248 games played...he has 124 PIM in 38 games this year in the AHL .. you know he's going to fight someone...krys barch?
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Somebody has to score to win, but this game is on Bobby Lou's shoulders. With the green D in front of him, there's no one to lean on, so he has to be his old superhuman self. I'm tired of him being the 2nd best goalie in the arena, so it's time he re-justified the hype and stand on his noggin.

I'll say 2-1 Canucks, with Edler and Dan Sedin potting the goals.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Got the first goalscorer right, just need Danny and Cooker to score now.
1-1 after one but we've played really well considering how insanely banged up we are.

Not a terrible first period, their goal was noones fault. Lucky bounce. Keep it up boys!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Nice to see Nazzy step up and pop 2 in after 2 periods. Hopefully les boys can pull this one out.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Considering the circumstances, I'm pleased with the result tonight. Can't say I really followed the game or know how the team played, but a point is a point.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Three chances to win it in the shootout and we blow it.

What is wrong with this team? :evil:

We needed to win that one, if not for the team for Nazzy and Louie. We desperately need a regulation win to turn things around.
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

The good news:

All things considered, salvaging a point for this roster is like the normal Canucks winning 127-0. And they were very close to taking it, with only a goalpost in their way. And Näslund sounds like he stepped up, which is good to hear.

The bad news:

Pretty much everything else... get well soon, team! :cry:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

I am proud oh so very proud of our captain.....my captain

without markus we have zero points

without lou we have zero points

congrats to those two;

too bad linden hit the post........

phak...

time to beat atlanta
Larry Goodenough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Larry Goodenough »

1. I'm pleased Turco didn't act like he got shot from the upper deck again just before the shootout. I was worried the refs would have bought it again and would just give Dallas the win without anyone shooting.

2. Why does Robidas not get third man in when Burrows was pounding on Ribiero? Is this penalty even called anymore?

3. Naslund won the Lester Patrick while playing for this team. That meant he was the greatest player on earth that season - and he was the greatest on earth while playing for this team. He is the best player the franchise has ever had and continues to be a good player. Not great like he once was, but still good. He's also close to becoming it's longest serving captain. This franchise does not have much history going for it after almost 40 long years. It's time to start creating some legacies within this franchise and Naslund deserves to retire as a Canuck. period. Now if he would agree to come back next year for 2-3 million, that's a whole different story.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Despite the SOL, I agree there was much we could take from this game. Naslund finally played like the $6 million man. He needs to continue this way for the next 28 games as well. Luongo looked like Luongo, making key saves in the game to get it to OT. This with only 2 NHL calibre defencemen, one of them a rookie. This game would have been tough for a healthy Canucks squad to win. BTW, the prognosis is that Miller has a hairline fracture of a bone in his foot and maybe sidelined a few games. The Canucks are going to have to make do with the players they currently have in the lineup. On to Atlanta. Just win, baby.