GDT: 1/19/08 Kings @ Canucks TV: CBC Markus Naslund night

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

GDT: 1/19/08 Kings @ Canucks TV: CBC Markus Naslund night

Post by Naslund Is King »

The Kings are in Vancouver tonight and will try to forget about last night's game against the Flames in which they lost 6-1. It won't get much easier as the Kings go up against Roberto Luongo and the Vancouver Canucks, though lately the Kings have played good against the Canucks winning both games this year.

Markus Naslund who is the second longest serving Captain for eight years now will be honoured before the game for playing his 1000th game against Detroit on Thursday in which he scored the game tying goal in the second period.

No idea on if it will be on TV or not.

Canucks win 3-0 my guess.
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Yes, it's on TV: HNIC.

I'm hoping the Canucks don't disappoint because I only get to watch a few games, tonight's being one of them.

Sounded like Ohlund's back in from the radio reports yesterday?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

This is an important game, a big win and we should be back on our game. A tight game, even a win, could make things even worse. I haven't made a prediction in a while but I say 5-2 Canucks. Daniel with a pair, Ohlund with one, Cooke with one, and Ritchie with one. Frolov and Stuary will reply for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

Ohlund back.

Mitchell out, back.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Luongo's mini slump continues with 3 goals on 9 shots... looks like the home team will go 0-3 vs the NHL's worst team. Shades of a few years ago when the Canucks missed the playoffs thanks to 4 losses to a very poor Blues team.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

I have to say as much as this team missed Ohlund they will find that no Willie Mitchell in the lineup might be even worse.
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Anyone willing to part with Edler for Sundin ? - that's the latest rumor coming out of Toronto.

Detroit will push hard for the Swede and Burke has said his 2 first rounders are available.

May the best GM win. Within reason.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Houston we have life.....3-2 and goals by 2 unlikely sources....Isbister and Linden.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

yikes Luongo usually shuts the door when the Canucks are a goal behind...especially at home...the slump is real.

4-2
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I didn't see 90% of the game, but what I did was horrible. 4-3 loss to the worst team in the league? Ouch. Way to shit the bed when you really needed to step up big time boys. Hopefully we'll be able to right the ship before things to too wrong. Losing to LA like that hurts though. Luongo REALLY should've had the last goal.

Ugh, leaves a sour taste in one's mouth. Time for an extended winning streak, although as I predicted earlier it'll likely just make things even worse.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

My expectations going lower and lower. Without kidding this was maybe the worst game i've ever seen live. They didn't even deserve to score one goal playing like a midget team totally without control and concept.... not to say like a chicken crowd....damn.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Kowch
CC Veteran

Post by Kowch »

UpYerKilt wrote:Anyone willing to part with Edler for Sundin ? - that's the latest rumor coming out of Toronto.

Detroit will push hard for the Swede and Burke has said his 2 first rounders are available.

May the best GM win. Within reason.
In a word - no. Hell no. Fuck no. Why would we give up Edler, who's only going to get better, for an over the hill unrestricted free agent who would probably turn around and resign with the leaves? This has shades of Cam Neely thinking in it.

Why would anyone do this?
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

So, sounds like I made a good choice going to a comedy club with the girlfriend rather than watch this one?

Mrs. Luongo's pregnancy has to be the largest reason for the Canucks' slump... Luongo hasn't been himself in a while, from what I read.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Was looking for a better result from last night's game, for sure. Nux came out strong but no result for the opportunities. LA got up by 3, Nux battled back to get within 1 by the end of the 2nd, but the break seemed to interrupt their momentum.

46 shots in total and another 17 missed. No finish.

Two more games before the break. They won't be easy and the boys need to get some points out of both to maintain their position in the division.

Does AV dare start Sanford in one of the two remaining games ?
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

This was a game they should have won, having scored 3 goals, but thisw night was not going to be there's. It just seemed that whenever the guys made a goof getting the puck out of the zone, it hit the back of the net 10 seconds later.

Usually Lou bails them out, but he was not himself last night. The last goal, he should have had, and the 3rd goal he was laid out on his stomach, which is something you rarely see him do. There were a couple of cases where he was slow or weak going post to post and LA could have been up by a couple more goals.

Man did we miss Mitchell. Salo looked stoned out there, Ohlund looked like a heends at least another week before his head gets out of the fog. Weaver looked vulnerable all night. Edler and Krajicek were the only ones who stood out for me last night and even they got burned a couple times.

Shooting more is good. Playing physical and not getting knocked down is better. Getting back to your system and executing it properly is the best. Vigneault's not to blame, unless they don't get back to the system after the break and then perhaps he's lost the faith of the dressing room.

I'd like to think we'll do better against Minny (we have to), but it's not looking too good right now.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.