GDT 1/13/2008 Canucks @ Blues 3pm TV SN Radio Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT 1/13/2008 Canucks @ Blues 3pm TV SN Radio Team 1040

Post by mattola »

Can the canucks pull out of their mini 2 game losing streak? (The Canucks look to avoid their first three-game losing streak of the season today when they opens a three-game road trip)
Can the canucks pull out of their Road funk? (The Canucks haven't won a game in regulation on the road in a month)
Can the Canucks finally win in St Louis? (they haven't won in regulation since Jan. 29, 2004)

St. Louis is 6-1-2 in its last nine games overall against the Canucks, and 6-1-1 in the last eight on its home ice. The Blues' home dominance of Vancouver extends back to last decade - compiling a 15-3-1 record with one tie dating back to 1997.

Lets see what you have boys. BIG 2 points.

GO CANUCKS GO.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

As much as I stated my hatred for the Coyotes in last game's thread, I hate the Blues just as much.

Just win.

GO CANUCKS GO!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

4-2 canucks

just a feeling... they haven't scored a lot of goals lately, and it just seems like their late game rally against the yotes will piss them off enough to keep them pissed off today.

d. sedin, beech (b/c it's a new team), salo (pp) and naslund

kariya and boyes for the bad guys.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

So Nazzy is now officially a $6 million third liner.

If someone had told me two years ago that we'd be pairing Kesler with Naslund in the hopes that the latter would be able to feed off the former's offence I would've laughed in your face.

:(

How the mighty have fallen...
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Backman 1-0.

Great start then a single defensive lapse. St. Louis is now going to trap for the rest of the game. Get ready for a snooze-fest.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Interesting choice of shooters for the shoot out. Maybe Edler is a secret weapon in the shoot out.

Huge win tonight, no matter how they got it.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

That was an important win, but it sucks that we gave up the point to the Blues who we'll have to hold off for the rest of the year. Nice to see Edler get the shootout winner. Is there anything this kid can't do?
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

EDLER rocks, so smooth and dry....

Kelowna school.... :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

levelheaded wrote:That was an important win, but it sucks that we gave up the point to the Blues who we'll have to hold off for the rest of the year. Nice to see Edler get the shootout winner. Is there anything this kid can't do?
The Canucks must take St Louis and Phoenix more seriously. In 4 games against them, Vancouver has taken 4 pt while they have taken 6 pt. I don't worry as much about where they place in the playoffs, I worry about them making the playoffs. The 2005-2006 still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, especially when they pissed away points early in that season. Focus on putting as much distance between them and 9th place where the Blues sit, with only 4 pt behind and 2 games in hand, is most important of all.