GDT - 1/10/08 Canucks vs Sharks 730PM TV PPV Radio TEAM 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT - 1/10/08 Canucks vs Sharks 730PM TV PPV Radio TEAM 1040

Post by mattola »

Can we finally beat the Sharks?
Can Bobby Lou rebound from his "stinker" against the Islanders? lol
Will Naslund break out of his shell with Jaffary and Pyatt?

Tune in to Crappy PPV or Team 1040 Radio for play by play by Tom and Shorty

GO CANUCKS GO!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Tough game tonite ... the Nucks haven't had a whole lotta luck with SJ lately ... just don't seem to generate enough offence ... hmmm we may have heard that before !

Grizz
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

I rarely predict Canuck victories, but I'm going to here. Luongo has a bounce-back reputation, and the law of averages dictates that we gotta beat these guys one of these days. I know saying so in regards to this specific game is the gambler's fallacy, but even still.

4-3 Canucks in OT.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

I'm calling this a statement game for the Canucks. SJ has manhandled them in the 3 previous games so far. Their last game in SJ can be excused as Luongo was injured and they were playing the second game in 2 nights during a brutal travel period in their schedule. I'll compare the Sharks this season to how the Ducks owned the Canucks last season. There's a pretty good chance these teams will meet in the playoffs and Vancouver has to believe they can beat this team. No excuses tonight, just win baby. 2-0 Vancouver.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I can't imagine we'll take this one, but as I am amazingly superstitious I have stopped making predictions for the time being. San Jose still manages to intimidate us into circling the offensive zone rather than driving into the middle for high percentage chances. The team has got it into their heads that San Jose is going to manhandle them anyways, so why bother? I don't think we match up too badly against them physically, but we're miles behind on the mental game. Luongo will have to be all world tonight.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

This could be a statement game but I can't say I really expect it to be. Well, I guess it will be a statement either way, but I am not all that confident that it will be a positive one. The Sharks do seem to have our number this year, not that that is really all that different from the past few years....

Anyway, hoping for a win; but if I had to lay money down, I must confess it wouldn't be on the good guys.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Well the boys have a few things going for them tonight.

-Been relatively hot since Lou came back from injury

-I believe San Jose has the worse home record in the league and the Canucks are half decent on the road.

-Like someone said, Lou should have a bounce back game.

I think it will be a tight one, and a chippy one if the Canucks get an early lead.

My prediction? 3-1 Canucks. Cooke, Hank, and Krajicek. Marleau for Sharks.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

We can still comeback, only down by two.

Just stop taking penalties.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

trouble

Post by UpYerKilt »

21-12 shots after 2...they cant generate any quality chances. other than a short flurry in the first.

If the Nucks dont win their division they might have to play this Sharks team in the first round. OUCH!... they own the Canucks...only team in the league that can make that claim.

Guts

you go Alex O - 123 MILL
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
the Cunning Linguist
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by the Cunning Linguist »

0-2 so far against the Red Wings...
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

3-1 loss, Kesler with a late goal.

Out shot 31-21

Players with 14 mins played last night with shots on goal ,Naslund 0, both Sedins 2 each, Raymond 2 shots with 12mins.

Pyatt 4 shots in 17 mins, Edler 3 shots in 20mins, Kesler 2 in 20 mins with a goal.

Seems like the boys didn't pay a price and drive the net or get in the greasy spots to put some rubber at the net?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

what is that word again?

pwned?

wow they have our number. I dont think one game against them was close this year. We look like the worst team in the league against them and Luongo looks average.

We better bank these losses in the memory bank and remember them hard if we play them in the playoffs.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Listening to the game it sounded like the Sharks were the better team last night taking it to the Nux with their size & speed. Looking at the stat sheet the Nux out hit them 25 - 18, with Cowan trying to get back in game shape in this game alone (6 hits).

Naslund misses a wide open net when the Sharks are up 1 - 0. Daniel stopped on a clear break with the score 3 -1 with lots of time left in the 3rd. Nux miss an opportunity with a 2 man ad for almost a minute late in the first.

Missed chances and too many penalties.

Tough come backer against an improved Yotes team tonight.

Maybe Sanford (?) can get one at home.