Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Joe Rockhead wrote:Taylor got his vasectomy the night Bertuzzi bitch slapped Steve Moore. I dont think he's worn a pair of pants since.
Couldn't agree more, it was that moment I stopped taking anything he said seriously. There was clearly a bias against Bert that went beyond the 'incident.' If anyone heard those shows around then you'll know what I'm talking about. It wasn't just Taylor though, it was pretty much all of them. The only guy who was rational about all that was The Moj.

Those shows get really sad the moment any of them start to talk about subjects beyond sports. Hearing sports guys talk about movies, music or politics makes me want to scream.

So I turn the station instead...
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Jovorock wrote:I can see Buttman in a winter classic in Vegas with all security officers dressed in Elvis suits. :shock:
:lol: And if they're lucky they even could even have snow. Every 3 or 4 years it snows for a few hours, ask Cornuck. As i can remember he posted a picture a few years ago...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
F15 Driver
MVP
MVP

Post by F15 Driver »

Taylor did change overnight when Bert nailed Moore. He went way over the top going after number 44. I mean we were all shocked and disappointed, but Don went on and on and on about it. I found myself thinking, "When will Taylor let this thing go?" He still talks about it.

Pratt is not worth me typing anymo...

Somebody should stuff Gagly-Girl back into his tomb in the pyramid.

Rome is such an angry man, some people get off on that ac, but I think it gets thin within nanoseconds of him opening his mouth.

I find Dan Russel OK on the after game radio show, the odd time I listen in.

I like Shorty doing the play-by-play, with Tommy freaking out in the background, its like two real fans describing the scene. They do a great job and rarely mess up like the ass-hats on TSN or Statler and Waldorf on the Eastern CBC games. Jim Hughson's the best.

Dan Murphy does a very good job in his interviews. I like that he's always got that little grin going that makes me believe he is always thinking, "Wow, I'm speaking to (insert Hockey Star). I can't believe I get paid for this". He's like a fan that's been given a microphone and told to talk to whoever he likes.
F-15E Strike Eagle - Cadillac of the Skies!
Canuck-One
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Canuck-One »

PS please don't compare Big Fatty to Rome. That is like comparing Dana Murzyn to Mario Lemieux. :lol: One big thing here : Rome is cool.........Pratt is a geek. Rome's show is funny and wide ranging.........Pratt's is weak and very limited.

That is one of the most embarrassing things anyone has ever written on these pages. Rome is a stuttering idiot and anyone who listens to him and thinks he's cool has obviously hit himself between the eyes with a rubber hammer.
Please for goodness sakes think about what you are writing before you espouse such tripe, you are an embarrassing ass. You sound like an east vancouver crack head who sells his wife for hockey tickets. Didn't like that did you? I don't like your piss poor attempts at humour using Whalley either, shit for brains.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

HappyCanuck wrote:PS please don't compare Big Fatty to Rome. That is like comparing Dana Murzyn to Mario Lemieux. :lol: One big thing here : Rome is cool.........Pratt is a geek. Rome's show is funny and wide ranging.........Pratt's is weak and very limited.

That is one of the most embarrassing things anyone has ever written on these pages. Rome is a stuttering idiot and anyone who listens to him and thinks he's cool has obviously hit himself between the eyes with a rubber hammer.
Please for goodness sakes think about what you are writing before you espouse such tripe, you are an embarrassing ass. You sound like an east vancouver crack head who sells his wife for hockey tickets. Didn't like that did you? I don't like your piss poor attempts at humour using Whalley either, shit for brains.
Rome is heads & tails better than anyone on local radio. If you don't get the jokes its OK. Radio is hard cuz there are no pictures...
As a casual listener I hated Rome. When I went mobile & had no other choices on the radio, he grew on me. Now I think he is hilarious & really enjoy his interviews....he gets to interview everyone. If you have a chance to listen to his interviews with Evel Knievel...they are GOLD!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Rome sucks ass, I'd sooner watch paint dry than listen to that waste-of-air
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Rome sucks ass? Nice...
Name someone else I should listen to?
So far everybody sucks ass.....
-- Winston Churchill
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

Wow! I've always found Pratt and Taylor to be entertaining. I find Rome to be boring but mostly because he's talking about a lot of shit I just couldn't care less about. U.S. college...well U.S. college anything...who cares?

I don't know where some of you guys get off on being so bitter about the whole thing, it boggles the mind, would you say this stuff in public, to people's faces or is it just the sort of stuff bitter little nosewipes type from the comfort of their parent's basement; it's just a radio show, what sane person gives a crap that much anyway?

I thought we were here to talk about the Canucks, not this bullshit.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

JCardinal wrote:it boggles the mind, would you say this stuff in public, to people's faces .
No,this is the kinda stuff you would say on a anonymous internet forum where you can speak your opinion freely w/o worrying about someone overreacting to it.

and yeah,we are here to talk about the Canucks instead of this bulshit so why don't you start a thread ?

Maybe your too busy looking for Kleenex

Maybe you should ask mom where she put them when she cleaned your room
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

JCardinal wrote:Wow! I've always found Pratt and Taylor to be entertaining. I find Rome to be boring but mostly because he's talking about a lot of shit I just couldn't care less about. U.S. college...well U.S. college anything...who cares?

I thought we were here to talk about the Canucks, not this bullshit.
I get lost with the NCAA stuff too.....I like it when he gets fans of two schools ripping on each other...pretty funny stuff

And we are talking Canucks...we are talking about the lack of talent covering the Canucks....Pratt & Taylor can be entertaining, but they mail it in a lot of the time...

Now I got to go clean my room :D
-- Winston Churchill
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Soapy wrote:So far everybody sucks ass.....
A more factual statement cannot be made.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

JCardinal wrote:I don't know where some of you guys get off on being so bitter about the whole thing, it boggles the mind, would you say this stuff in public, to people's faces or is it just the sort of stuff bitter little nosewipes type from the comfort of their parent's basement; it's just a radio show, what sane person gives a crap that much anyway?
Okay, here's the explanation: First, I say this stuff out loud, in public, to anyone who will listen. Why? Because the Canucks have been my all consuming passion since I was 4 years old, over 35 years ago. To have the only sports radio station put an assclown like the Idiot (tm) to cover my team, you're damn right I'm getting mad & giving a crap. Bitter? Hell yeah, why can't the Canucks have anyone decent to talk about them in a public forum like radio after all these years? Sane? Perhaps not, when you consider the time & money I've spent on my team.

And if you think I'm a nosewipe that lives in my parent's basement, then you're either ignorant or stupid, because everyone here should know more than that about me.
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

SRsez wrote: And if you think I'm a nosewipe that lives in my parent's basement, then you're either ignorant or stupid, because everyone here should know more than that about me.
Sometimes being a "nosewipe" is a state of mind. ;)

I'm just ragging on you guys, not in any serious kind of way. I just can't get very worked up about something like that. Of course you do know that radio talk show hosts jobs are to keep people interested and listening long enough for many ads to play so it's basically their job to be controversial in some way that will motivate people to phone in, listen etc.

I'm curious what you would imagine a perfect daily radio broadcast for the Canucks to be like? I can't really see how it could be done much differently given the goals of selling advertising and simultaneously filling up hours of air time every day.

Would you prefer a 10 minute show daily that was simply news about the Canucks or...?
Would the host be a sycophant who fawns all over the Canucks and never says anything negative about them or would they only state what you personally think is fair or...?
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Two words: Lee Powell.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Just seems to me, to much anger for some thing really inconsequential. Now kids starving in the Sudan, Bangladesh etc etc that's serious, but Pratt, really who cares. Frankly I don't mind him, I don't take him serious though, he always seems to be in good hmour ( like Larchied) & unlike "the undertaker" who is simply down right miserable and negative. Just imagine having him as a family member, his voice is a constant durge.

I think Pratt entertains
cheers