Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Was that Srsez who phoned Pratt ?

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:02 pm

and asked what he thought about the Canucks holding a game in BC Place to rival the two recent outdoor games ? Far and away that was the dumbest question/idea by a caller I have heard in quite some time ? :lol: Can you imagine a hockey game in that sweaty, shitty , greasy white bubble? :lol:
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Postby SRsez » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Sweaty, shitty, greasy, white bubble? That sure sounds like that fat-ass, fat head, the Idiot(tm).
Last edited by SRsez on Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Postby Cornuck » Wed Jan 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Who ever it was - what a bad idea.... PLEASEEEE don't tell Bettman!
Over 40 years of pain - I just want one day of glory.
User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 4929
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Chester, NE

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:34 am

SR what is with your total hatred of Pratt ? I think you'd like to meet him in Whalley for a rumble or something. :lol: I know he's an idiot but he is more of a clown sans the makeup and wig. I personally am getting more annoyed with taylor than Pratt these days.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Postby mr perfect » Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:20 am

Allow me. Pratt had a sportstalk show in the early '90s that wasn't half bad and was a breath of fresh air to the Dan Russell BS on the other station. What he did then and what he has morphed into now, espousing the moon-is-made-of-green-cheese logic and calling everyone pinheads who don't agree with him, copying Jim Rome is waisting airspace for those of us who tune into listen to perspectives on the team and the Canucks broadcasts. He's capable of more but is too lazy to attempt to. The pre game shows with him and Skeletor (aka Gallagher) has to be the worst radio going. I don't listen to the pre game shows because of them. I mean, hey, 1040 can employ him if they want, Srez can accurately call him an idiot if he wants and I have the right to refuse to listen to him (which I do) if I want. It's a free world with a few handling charges.
User avatar
mr perfect
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:32 pm
Location: perfectville

Postby Jovorock » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:34 am

Cornuck wrote:Who ever it was - what a bad idea.... PLEASEEEE don't tell Bettman!

No shit, Buttman would have another game in Vegas in a heartbeat if he had his way!

I can see Buttman in a winter classic in Vegas with all security officers dressed in Elvis suits. :shock:
User avatar
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
 
Posts: 902
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: Kelowna

Postby F15 Driver » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:49 am

The pre game shows with him and Skeletor (aka Gallagher) has to be the worst radio going.

Completely agree. I cannot understand that in a hockey town like Vancouver (sorry Lions and Whitecaps) the public does not come out against Gagly-Girl and demand he be fired. This market deserves better than his gossipy columns and myopic insight into sports in this town. I do not even bother to try and read his articles anymore, I just turn the page. I do not listen to the pre-game if he's on, I change the station or turn it off. When I used to force myself to listen to Pratt and Gallagher, I would think to myself, "Geez, does Dave have a crush on this turd or something? Pratt's agreeing with everything this clown says". Gallagher reminds me of the guy in school that no one wanted on their team because of the constant whining and gripes from him. That guy never got picked until very last and then carried that feeling of rejection with him the rest of his days. That kind of attitude shows up in the slop he dishes out. Its even more apparent when he actually gets to talk to a player face to face. You can always see and hear from the player that being in Gallagher's presence makes them uncomfortable, like they don't like or respect the guy, they just feel sorry for him. I especially notice it the odd time he speaks with Ray Ferraro.
F-15E Strike Eagle - Cadillac of the Skies!
User avatar
F15 Driver
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 37
Joined: Thu Aug 19, 2004 4:11 pm
Location: Sidney, BC

Postby SRsez » Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:56 am

The Idiot(tm) knows absolutely nothing about any sport whatsoever, as is apparent if you listen to him for even a few minutes. Does he ever have any insight whatsoever into anything? He's Paris Hilton for the sports set, for God's sake.

The other moron is Ferraro. How does a guy play 20 years in the NHL & know nothing about hockey? The one time I called, he went on & on about the greatness of Daymond Langkow, and how he & Iginla were going to dominate the division. Hello? Ever watch Langkow? Anybody with a brain can tell you that Langkow will never be a top line type player, no matter how long he gets to pretend in Calgary. If he was even 1/4 as good as F-head Ferraro think he is, he's still be playing in Phoenix.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Postby Linden Is God » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:38 am

SRsez wrote:The other moron is Ferraro. How does a guy play 20 years in the NHL & know nothing about hockey?


I ask the same thing about Nick Kyperios.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
User avatar
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 1950
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2005 1:58 pm
Location: Timmins, Ontario

Postby SRsez » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:34 am

Linden Is God wrote:
SRsez wrote:The other moron is Ferraro. How does a guy play 20 years in the NHL & know nothing about hockey?

I ask the same thing about Nick Kyperios.


Kypreos is easier to explain: he took lots of shots to the head. And he's still a damn site more knowledgable than F-head.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 579
Joined: Thu Aug 12, 2004 12:13 pm

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:40 pm

Kypreos is a f'in moron. Can't stand him. Mike Toth needs a kick in the face as well.
But our local media is pathetic. Pratt has confessed that he does not go to GM Place & watch games!?! How can you have an opinion like his if you don't watch the games first hand. And Pratt's act is getting old...rant when there is something to rant about....it sounds so forced.....
Taylor has just gotten lazy.
Gallagher has been awful forever...where is the new blood for our young team??
One thing that stands out is that now that he Canucks are winning (Luongo era) they have nothing to talk about. They do not know how to talk about a winner! Thay never talk about how the Canucks change game to game, line match ups that work or don't work, just very basic jibber jabber. No insight, as they know none of the players. They no nothing about any prospects or draft picks. They have zero insight on the opposition.
ANd when they talk about music or pop culture they sound like two old men talking about glory days.....bands/women that were popular 30 years ago....get up to speed old man!!
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
User avatar
Soapy
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, BC

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:41 pm

mr perfect wrote:Allow me. Pratt had a sportstalk show in the early '90s that wasn't half bad and was a breath of fresh air to the Dan Russell BS on the other station. What he did then and what he has morphed into now, espousing the moon-is-made-of-green-cheese logic and calling everyone pinheads who don't agree with him, copying Jim Rome is waisting airspace for those of us who tune into listen to perspectives on the team and the Canucks broadcasts. He's capable of more but is too lazy to attempt to. The pre game shows with him and Skeletor (aka Gallagher) has to be the worst radio going. I don't listen to the pre game shows because of them. I mean, hey, 1040 can employ him if they want, Srez can accurately call him an idiot if he wants and I have the right to refuse to listen to him (which I do) if I want. It's a free world with a few handling charges.


Oh I'm well versed on pratt......even had the displeasure of meeting the man before. But what I am concerned about is SR's turning purple with anger every time his name is brought up. What if SR decides to go to Joe Fortes one night and call Pratt out ? Pratt has lost a few pounds lately and claims to have been working out too. he might give SR a pretty good tilt. Imagine if he beat the shit out of SR :lol: :shock:

PS please don't compare Big Fatty to Rome. That is like comparing Dana Murzyn to Mario Lemieux. :lol: One big thing here : Rome is cool.........Pratt is a geek. Rome's show is funny and wide ranging.........Pratt's is weak and very limited.

As I said earlier taylor is annoying me more than anybody locally these days. Whether its the gay tracksuits, the misinformed takes, the BRUTAL Paul Morris and Marv Albert immitations, or the comb forward or what...........the guy rubs me the wrong way.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3165
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Postby Soapy » Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:13 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
mr perfect wrote:Allow me. Pratt had a sportstalk show in the early '90s that wasn't half bad and was a breath of fresh air to the Dan Russell BS on the other station. What he did then and what he has morphed into now, espousing the moon-is-made-of-green-cheese logic and calling everyone pinheads who don't agree with him, copying Jim Rome is waisting airspace for those of us who tune into listen to perspectives on the team and the Canucks broadcasts. He's capable of more but is too lazy to attempt to. The pre game shows with him and Skeletor (aka Gallagher) has to be the worst radio going. I don't listen to the pre game shows because of them. I mean, hey, 1040 can employ him if they want, Srez can accurately call him an idiot if he wants and I have the right to refuse to listen to him (which I do) if I want. It's a free world with a few handling charges.



PS please don't compare Big Fatty to Rome. That is like comparing Dana Murzyn to Mario Lemieux. Rome's show is funny and wide ranging.........Pratt's is weak and very limited.

I Agree!! I would love to have a Rome type radio personality for hockey
"Big Fatty" could not hold Rome's jock.
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
User avatar
Soapy
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:32 pm
Location: Coquitlam, BC

Postby dangler » Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:06 pm

I never understood why Taylor would work w/Pratt,I can't imagine it helping his career.
I guess it must be the money,the Toyota and the vasectomy.
I'd like him to host his own show on his own terms.

The Pratt shows themes are poorly thought out ,I doubt that it is easy to come up with something fresh every day but it doesn't seem like they try very hard.

I find myself listening less and less.
User avatar
dangler
CC 1st Team All-Star
 
Posts: 625
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 5:31 pm
Location: Commercial Drive Coffee shop

Postby Joe Rockhead » Thu Jan 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Taylor got his vasectomy the night Bertuzzi bitch slapped Steve Moore. I dont think he's worn a pair of pants since.

Pratt is a complete waste of time.

Galleger should be taken the way of Old Yeller. A Stan Fischler wanna be.

Watching Rome almost shit his pants when that football player ( Jim Everrt? ) tossed him like alittle girl was all I needed to know about him.

Dan Russell turned into a whiny little girl when the Canucks by passed him for Jim Hughson for the play- by play jobg on NW. Atleast thaT was funny.

John Shorthouse is the worst play-by-play guy this cities ever had.

Dan Murphy is the only media guy in Vancouver I can stand.
Don Cherry for P.M.
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star
 
Posts: 468
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:19 pm
Location: North Delta

Next

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests