GDT - 12/30/2007 Canucks vs Ducks 5PM PPV

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT - 12/30/2007 Canucks vs Ducks 5PM PPV

Post by mattola »

Canucks vs Ducks

Return of the better brother.

Return of Bertuzzi again.

Ducks played a very undisciplined game last night. And blew a 2 goal lead to lose 5-3. They will be plenty annoyed.

Will Jiggy start a second night in a row. He looked really tired last night and gave up some huge rebounds.

Will the canucks kids step up again. will the All swedish line continue to produce.

note the early start time. 5PM PPV

Go Canucks Go!
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Nucks need to be patient and let that "steam" from the Ducks loss roll off their backs so to speak .... I would agree too Jiggy was giving up some huge rebounds last nite ...

... any news on if Kesler or Ohlund will be back in the lineup tonite ??

Grizz
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

I heard last game that Kesler should be back. not sure on ohlund.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Kesler has been experiencing concussion-like symptoms since taking a hit from Colorado's Cody McCormick last Sunday. He missed Thursday night's 5-3 win over Calgary but skated on his own today without mishap.

Mitchell has a sore back and Cooke a sore ankle. Mattias Ohlund remains out indefinitely with a sore neck and headaches and is not expected to play either Sunday against the Ducks or Monday in Calgary.

http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 36&k=46517
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hopefully Cookie can get on the ice today. With him, Burrows and Brown out there, you can count on the Ducks to lose their minds and take even more stupid retaliation penalties.

Niedermayer looked BAD last night in Calgary. Either he needs way more time to get back in game shape, or he should never have come back from retirement. Either way, looks good on them.

Here's to Raymond gaining more confidence out there and breezing past the likes of Huskins and scoring the winner against Giggy. 3-1 Canucks with Hank, Raymond and Edler getting the goals.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I'm predicting a 3-1 victory also with Pronger being the goat.

GO CANUCKS!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Lancer wrote:Hopefully Cookie can get on the ice today.
Thank you but i'm done for today.. thanks puck i saw it coming turned my neck around but too late...damn.

1:0 Canucks, goals are coming up tommorow. SHUTOUT Go Canucks Go. :twisted:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Hiller is in net for the Ducks. lets hope we doesnt turn into a superstar against us like every other back up goalie we play against
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

Damn - the Telus TV feed still sucks, although I was assured they were "working to improve it" the last time I complained. How is the Shaw or satellite feed for the PPV?

Telus TV picture is once again more akin to YouTube than to broadcast TV quality, forget about the lack of a high def broadcast.

I even had the heart attack of having the TV box freeze 5 minutes before the game. At least it came back this time. Last time the picture didn't come back until a half hour after the game.

Go Canucks! Would love to see another knock against them - 3-0 Canucks
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Does anyone remember that website that showed (or tried to) a couple of our PPV's?

I wouldn't mind giving it another try but didn't note down the site.

GO CANUCKS GO!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Canucks are playing right into the Ducks hands with this slow pace. they have to start hammering them and using their speed. we JUST had our first shot at 11:14 of the first.

yawn.....
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

gordorama wrote:Damn - the Telus TV feed still sucks, although I was assured they were "working to improve it" the last time I complained. How is the Shaw or satellite feed for the PPV?
Shaw is the Same
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

SCORES!!! I think...
:shock:
hard to see the puck on this sh*tty picture!
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

from the time I said it was the first shot at 11 mins it is now 7-2 shots for Canucks and 1-0 :)
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

NOW THEY ARE HITTING

sorry for the caps was working in excel :)