GDT 12/27/2007 Canucks vs Flames 7pm TV CBC Radio 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT 12/27/2007 Canucks vs Flames 7pm TV CBC Radio 1040

Post by mattola »

We are starting to lose a few against the Div Rivals.... We need to pick that up again and win tonight to move 5 points ahead of the Flames and take over the Div title again

go canucks go
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'm pretty pumped about this game. It's on the CBC which means us easterners (although I consider myself a northerner) get to watch the game. It's also part of a double header with the Habs and Lightening playing before. Seeing as I'm for the holidays Tonight is the perfect kick off to my holiday hockey madness. Pick up hockey tonight, then the Canucks, folowed by pick up hockey in the AM, then the holiday tournament starts. Let's hope the Canucks make this a good start.

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Pick up hockey tonight, then the Canucks, folowed by pick up hockey in the AM, then the holiday tournament starts.
Nice "LIG" ... !!! Sounds like a good weekend ... have fun !!

Grizz
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

I'll get to watch some of each of the next few games.....it's party season for me!
got one tonight with some friends Saturday it's with my ball team, Sunday I got a concert, monday I'm doing a concert for New Years.....all this partying, no time for hockey!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Hopefully we'll win tonight. The paper said that Ohlund would be out again, and potentially Kelser as well, but I haven't listened to the radio today so I haven't heard any updates. Even if they're both good to go it's unlikely they'll be playing at 100%. That concerns me.

The Flames have been playing insanely well lately. Huselius-Langkow and Iggy have been the best line in the NHL for the last month, and there seems to be no way to stop them. If our top shutdown guy and one of our top shutdown defencemen are hurt or playing hurt I can't imagine we'll be able to limit them that much. Luongo has to be all universe tonight.

I say 3-2 Flames in OT. Cooke and Naslund will score for us, Iginla, Lombardi and Aucoin will tally for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
volsungr
CC Veteran

Post by volsungr »

Does anybody know what is wrong with Kelser?
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

great effort by Raymond on that one
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

volsungr wrote:Does anybody know what is wrong with Kelser?
Got hurt on a hit in Colorado. Cheap hit IMO
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Grizzly wrote:
Pick up hockey tonight, then the Canucks, folowed by pick up hockey in the AM, then the holiday tournament starts.
Nice "LIG" ... !!! Sounds like a good weekend ... have fun !!

Grizz
It will be a great time. Every xmas break, my old high school puts on an alumni tournament. Graduating class vs. graduating class broken down into divisions according to years. Guaranteed 4 games. They ren out the arena, set up a beer garden, and the proceeds go towards the schools high school team. Loads of fun every year with many drunken Frenchmen flying on the ice.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

nuther great effort by danny.
Last edited by tey on Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

OMG! Daniel's goal was amazing. Salo fired a bomber for a beauty too! Solid fight by Brown too.

I had a brain fart for a second. When Ritchie wall papered Iginla, I wasn't really listening to the game and heard Hughson say that Ritchie threw a big hit. I was pissed for a few seconds thinking Ritchie was still with the Flames.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:I was pissed for a few seconds thinking Ritchie was still with the Flames.
Considering how atrocious his play has been this year (if you forget tonight) he might as well be.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Good win to start holiday hockey tournaments. :mrgreen:

We're doing one too on saturday with 4 teams, have fun all together but drink responsible. :lol:

It's said Kesler has concussion-like symptoms and Ohlund has neck spasms...

I liked the gamewinner most, great passing plays...and Pyatt's pass to Raymond was pretty smart too.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Great, entertaining game tonight....I always expect a good game vs Calgary.

Interesting weekend coming up.

Flames play Ducks Saturday
We play Ducks Sunday
We play Flames Monday

Here's hoping the Flames and Ducks have a truly magnificent game :lol: .
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

I'm as big a Canucks fan as the next guy....but the Flames got ripped on that replay decision. That was a goal, Smith missed the puck, Miller put it in off his glove. We'll take it, Vancouver is usually on the wrong end of those calls.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy