GDT - 12/20/2007 Canucks vs Stars 7PM TV PPV Radio TEAM 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT - 12/20/2007 Canucks vs Stars 7PM TV PPV Radio TEAM 1040

Post by mattola »

Return of the Stars to GM place since Game 7 of the playoffs.

Should be a low scoring game but then so should have the Devils :)

GO CANUCKS GO
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm going to the game again tonight.

Is this really the first time Dallas has played here since last year's playoffs? Hopefully it'll be half as good as any of the games in that series.

With that said I say 2-1 (what else?) Vancouver in OT. Naslund will get the GTG late in the 2nd period and Salo will get the OT winner. Brendan Morrow will reply for the Stars.

GO CANUCKS GO
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

The score will, obviously, be 2-1.

I'm just not sure for which team.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

3-1 Stars

ppv curse
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

2-1 Canucks in their first shootout win of the season.
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX:

Post by B. Mackin »

A sloppy first period missing the electric atmosphere that surrounded last spring's first round series. No remarkable plays at either end, though there was an odd, sexually suggestive mixup between Henrik Sedin and Mike Modano to the left of Luongo. The highlight -- which was shown on the Daktronics board to muted laughter -- is bound to wind-up on the wrong part of YouTube. Not that there's anything wrong with it...
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: STARS OF BLUNDER, NUCKS WON TONIGHT

Post by B. Mackin »

Canucks 3 Stars 2
Bob Mackin

The Buzz:
Daniel Sedin scored the eventual winning goal with a two-man advantage in the third period Thursday to give the Vancouver Canucks a 3-2 win over the Dallas Stars.

Dull-us Stucks:
Much like the seven-game playoff series won by the Canucks last spring, the teams were sloppy at both ends, spent too much time in the neutral zone and committed avoidable penalties.

Lamplighter:
Mason Raymond stripped the puck from Stu Barnes, took the puck down ice and around the back of the Stars’ net before flipping it into the net from an acute angle.

Called Out:
Stars’ goaltender Marty Turco was penalized for roughing Henrik Sedin with a stick paddle in the face late in the second period. It was actually an act of retaliation for what should’ve landed Hank in the sin bin for goaltender interference. It was the Stars’ first penalty of the game.

Stupid Game Stat:
Roberto Luongo got his first assist of the season on Raymond’s goal.

Even Stupider Game Stat:
All five goals were scored by players with the letter N in the last syllable of their surnames.

Next Up:
The Canucks visit Wayne Gretzky’s Phoenix Coyotes Saturday (7 p.m. Team 1040/CBC) and the Colorado Avalanche on Sunday (5 p.m. Team 1040/Sportsnet). They return home Dec. 27 to host the Calgary Flames.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Re: LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX: STARS OF BLUNDER, NUCKS WON TON

Post by sic puppy »

B. Mackin wrote:Canucks 3 Stars 2
Bob Mackin

Stupid Game Stat:
Roberto Luongo got his first assist of the season on Raymond’s goal.
R U just checking to see if anyone reads your summary ?

Check your stat facts....
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Todd Bertuzzi- 10 points this season

Roberto Luongo- 3 points this season
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
trevor corey
MVP
MVP

Post by trevor corey »

Bryan Allen 30 1 5 6 -2

Lukas Krajicek 24 2 8 10 -3
"put some Preperation H on the guy and he'd disappear"
Brian Burke
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

trevor corey wrote:Todd Bertuzzi- 10 points this season

Roberto Luongo- 3 points this season
Roberto Luongo - 729 Saves this season

Todd Bertuzzi - uhhhh 3 blocked shots (??)

Grizz
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LUONGO'S ASSIST

Post by B. Mackin »

From the game summary, distributed to media and posted for all on NHL.com (figures in brackets for the goal scorer denote total goals this season; for the rest, assists):

8:00 EV VAN #21 M. Raymond (2)/#2 M. Ohlund (6); #1R. Luongo (1)
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: LUONGO'S ASSIST

Post by mattola »

B. Mackin wrote:From the game summary, distributed to media and posted for all on NHL.com (figures in brackets for the goal scorer denote total goals this season; for the rest, assists):

I have always been curios about these types of media mistakes on stats. I always thought if you were paid to follow a team which I assume is part of what you do that you would have all the info on the stats available to you. looks like you rely on someone else and a source that should be perfect.

my question is that if you are just following stats from another source do you watch all the games or just pick up the summaries throughout the season when you cant watch all the game. do you follow the team very closely as the fans do. ?
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LUONGO'S ASSIST: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT

Post by B. Mackin »

In the goaltenders' section of today's NHL stats release (for games thru Dec. 20) Roberto Luongo does indeed have three assists. I verified this with the NHL media website.

The game box score, as referenced below, was incorrect. I was using the best information available at the time. The error was at source.

This is not a media mistake. Please do not shoot the messenger. I speak not only for myself, but colleagues at competing outlets. We devote as much time as fans and perhaps even more than fans to watching and researching the game. Unfortunately, media outlets do not have staff statisticians. We work under sometimes unforgiving deadlines and rely heavily on the NHL to provide us with accurate statistical information on NHL games. The statistical record of NHL games is, in fact, copyright of the league. The league should do everything and anything possible to ensure the complete accuracy of the numbers and facts of each game and player.

mattola wrote:
B. Mackin wrote:From the game summary, distributed to media and posted for all on NHL.com (figures in brackets for the goal scorer denote total goals this season; for the rest, assists):

I have always been curios about these types of media mistakes on stats. I always thought if you were paid to follow a team which I assume is part of what you do that you would have all the info on the stats available to you. looks like you rely on someone else and a source that should be perfect.

my question is that if you are just following stats from another source do you watch all the games or just pick up the summaries throughout the season when you cant watch all the game. do you follow the team very closely as the fans do. ?