GDT Luongo vs Brodeur 7 PM TV: SN, Radio: Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Anybody watching the game? - I don't get it over here - just listening to the radio - was wondering if the Canucks are playing that well or the Devils that poorly.
I was at the game, and in my opinion neither team played particularly badly, Brodeur was just awful. He made some former Canuck goaltenders of the future look allstar calibre. Linden's goal should've been a simple save, but alas it was not.

At the other end of the rink Luongo was solid, if not spectacular. We did a good job keeping most of New Jersey's shots to the outside. They did have a post or two over the evening, but not many true scoring chances.

All in all a good night (but man was it obvious they were setting Nazzy up for the hattrick at the end there. They probably would've been better to cycle the puck around and hope he got a real opportunity. Brodeur isn't a stupid goaltender, he read that one fairly easily.)
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

As they said on sportsnet...this game did not follow the script.

It was great to see the triplets looking, and being, dangerous again.
Their puck control was outstanding tonight and they converted when they brought it to the front of the net.
Nazzy's first, tic-tac-toe, goal was a thing of beauty but it was Kesler's second effort goal that was truly spectacular. I've seen six replays and it still looks impossible.
Good to see the one-timers finding the back of the net.

Quote of the night by Miller after scoring his first goal in four years.
"I'm streaky....watch out" :lol:
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

whistler wrote:but it was Kesler's second effort goal that was truly spectacular. I've seen six replays and it still looks impossible.
Yeah that goal was spectacular in every way. Hands down my favorite Canucks goal in years. It had hard work, sacrifice, excitement and skill all in one.
MacNews
CC Veteran

Re: LIVE FROM THE PRESS BOX

Post by MacNews »

B. Mackin wrote:Mark "Half O Canada" Donnelly and daughter Colleen warbled the anthem quite wonderfully until Donnelly took his trademark Tim Horton's break in the middle. A shame for duet fans everywhere.
I was at my first game of the season and loved it!!!

For Luongo to show-up Brodeur like that was amazing! But I was disappointed with Donnelly's daughter, I thought her voice was too high-pitched. And the break in the middle was lame, agreed.
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

The way he does that, succesfully inviting the crowd to sing out the way they do, I think it is the classiest presentation of a national anthem I've ever seen.

Anywhere.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

The saviour is back. :mrgreen:

The best thing is that a friend of mine told me on the phone hours before the game that the Canucks won't get a playoff spot this season by far.

This score was the right answer, i think i'm going to phone him back now immediately... :lol:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

whistler wrote:As they said on sportsnet...this game did not follow the script.
Says you & Sportsnet.

I was calling it all day yesterday (unfortunately not here though), no goaltending dual, 5-2 Canucks win.

It went just about the way I thought it would.

Marty never beats the Canucks on road trips.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

http://communities.canada.com/vancouver ... final.aspx
Vancouver Sun wrote:Live from GM Place: Canucks 3, Devils 0 final
Umm... what?
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i jokingly said to the season ticket holders next to me.

watch us light up Marty 5-0

I was joking lol. I thought it would be 1-0 or 2-1.

wow. nice game canucks
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Great game, Luongo !

Good bounce back game from the road trip. Louie served notice on the break away attempt on the keystone cops theatrics between Mitchell & Edler (I think) in the opening minutes of the game.

The Sedin line came back from the dead to give some much needed offense and Miller must be thinking "Rory" status with his goal. ;)

3 tough teams before the Xmas break, starting with the Stars an improved Yotes squad and then the Avs. Doable, but two outa three ain't bad.