GDT: CANUCKS vs OILERS-Sat., Dec.15 7:00-CBC, Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

showtyme21
CC Rookie

GDT: CANUCKS vs OILERS-Sat., Dec.15 7:00-CBC, Team 1040

Post by showtyme21 »

Can the Canucks rebound from a disappointing loss Thursday night? Can Luongo get over his injury and play tonite? If not, will we see Sanford or McIntyre?

At any rate, I'm stoked. I'm in Edmonton to watch the first NHL game I've seen live in about 4 years...

Predicting a 6-5 barnburner, with Jaffray getting the winner.

Go Canucks GO!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Have fun at ....is it called X-cel Energy Place or Center. :lol:

What's with Kesler, Meers mentioned it noticing his absence, what kind of illness he has ?

Go Canucks Go and watching this game tonight on HNIC. :mex:

ps: just read it, he has the flu ? Better now than in the playoffs. :roll:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I can't say I'm too optimistic tonight. I say 3-2 Oilers in the SO, because that's how all our games against them seem to go. Naslund and Pyatt will score for us.

GO CANUCKS GO
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Oilers will be a bitch tonight

Post by UpYerKilt »

I don't normally make a pre game statement or a pre game pick...today I'll make both as I will be eating Lobster tonight at a reunion.

The Oilers are a deadly team to meet right now. They are skating as well as any team in the league right now. We saw what speed did to the Canucks in the San Jose game. The Oilers feel they can finally beat the Canucks after 2 ties in recent months and 2 shootout wins.

I have the Canucks losing again tonight 4-1 Hope not.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Just win.......

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

wow showy, have fun at the game...any chance you have a "CBC" sign so we'll see you on TV? maybe "Canucks Best in Canada" or something like that?

as for the quality of the canucks...geez, 7 starters out on thurs, and the oil are playing better...hopefully kesler comes back, and the guys somehow re-group...and sanford regains his wed night performance...and maybe a couple of lucky bounces...3-2 nucks in the shoot-out to hand edmonton their first shoot out loss...salo and daniel score with linden and raymond scoring the shoot out goals.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
gordorama
MVP
MVP

Post by gordorama »

I'm hoping for reversal of fortunes tonight with a shootout win for the Canucks tonight:

Linden and Kess scoring for Canucks in the shoot out, Horcoff for Edmonchuck.

Salo and Sedin (Daniel) for the Nucks and Sanderson and Souray For the Oil in regulation.

3-2 final.

But what the hell do I know?!?

On another note related to Hockey night in Canada - Do you think Bob Cole wears Depends when he works? Caus he craps his pants every time the Maple Laughs touch the puck! Love the way he refers to "The Montreal Canadians Player" who scored. He's been around long enough that he should make an effort to learn player names other than the Laughs.

I also Love watching the Habs beating up Big Smoke so far. (3-0 as i type)
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

The coilers have pasani back and have been playing well lately,the canucks are tired and hurtin.

5-2 coilers.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

I don't have a good feeling about this, but with Souray the pylon out there anything can happen. I say 3-2 Canuckleheads in OT, with Kesler getting the winner. Wife wants Mitchell to mix it up with somebody... anybody. When was the last time he dropped the gloves, anyway?
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

All signs point to an Oiler victory but my gut tells me otherwise. If the Canucks of the last two years have been anything it's resilient. At worst I'd expect a better effort from the Nucks and a close game. At best a 3-2 victory.

Go Canucks!
R.I.P. Luc.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Well it was close and there was a real effort by the boys but MAN those Oil are good in the shoot out.
R.I.P. Luc.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

You had to know it was going to be bad when it went to the shootout. Even so, I was hoping for a second when Kes scored and we just had Horcoff to beat... yeah, then the rest went sh*t.

Even though Nazzy and the twins don't do great in the shootout, Craig Simpson was right - put the game on thei shoulders and have them win it. I mean, WTF is AV thinking sending Burrows and Pyatt out there???? Why not send Raymond or Jaffray instead?

At least the guys escaped with a point. Considering everything else the guys have gone through and how hot the Oil have been lately, it aint a bad fate.

PS - I've never seen Mitchell skate so fast as when he broke up that rush in OT. :shock:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

I really hate the shoot out, I don't even see the fun in watching them, why is this the way we decide hockey game, a team sport? I'd much rather watch hockey.

The fact that the Canucks always seem to lose in them has nothing to do with my diss-like for them, I thought right from the beginning that they were dumb.
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

There goes another 10 bucks. *sigh* I thought the Canucks played great defensively - a lot of sacrifice and a lot of help for Sanford. Too bad they ended up on the losing end.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

FUCK the shoot out! No one give props to Jaffray during OT for dropping the with Staios. WTF??I'm watching the replay and I'm the first one to give props?? Very sad.

Watching OT along, Jaffray is playing great.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: