GDT: CANUCKS vs SHARKS-Thurs., Dec.13 7:30-Snet, Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

trevor corey
MVP
MVP

GDT: CANUCKS vs SHARKS-Thurs., Dec.13 7:30-Snet, Team 1040

Post by trevor corey »

Does Sanford get the back to back?
Is the Jaffray/Raymond/Pyatt combo for real?
Another night for the good guys to dig deep, another night for Canuck fans to hold our breath.

Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: GDT: CANUCKS vs SHARKS-Thurs., Dec.13 7:30-Snet, Team 10

Post by Linden Is God »

trevor corey wrote:
Go Canucks Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel: :towel:
PREACH ON BROTHER!! PREACH ON!!!

I just looked at the standings and holy crapper!! I didn't realize the Canucks are 3rd overall in the league.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
JCardinal
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JCardinal »

I just looked at the standings and holy crapper!! I didn't realize the Canucks are 3rd overall in the league
What the.....? (heads off to nhl.com to check....)

Wow, 4th actually by games played with Boston in 3rd (but look who's in fifth place: the sharks. :) Second in the west though behind the Wings.

The rookies are going to have a bad night tonight, they were all enthusiasm yesterday, but now there's pressure on them. The Sedins and Nazzy better pick it up tonight.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I say 3-1 Canucks. Optimism is the name of the game tonight as we go up against the worst home record in the league.

Ohlund, Cooke, and Henrik will be our goalscorers. Bernier will have the sole reply for San Jose.

GO CANUCKS GO
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

JCardinal wrote:
I just looked at the standings and holy crapper!! I didn't realize the Canucks are 3rd overall in the league
What the.....? (heads off to nhl.com to check....)

Wow, 4th actually by games played with Boston in 3rd (but look who's in fifth place: the sharks. :) Second in the west though behind the Wings.

The rookies are going to have a bad night tonight, they were all enthusiasm yesterday, but now there's pressure on them. The Sedins and Nazzy better pick it up tonight.
Tied for 3rd now. Boston lost tonight. I was predicting a Boston loss when I posted :roll:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Whats the old saying? .......... Speed kills!

Sanford needs to think about a poke check or two.

As good as Sanford has played this season, I think he tends to play a tad deep in the net.

This smells like an offensive shutout.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

This game was pretty much unwinnable... Time for bed, though I`d like to see MacIntyre.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Injuries aside this was going to be a tough game. The schedule is brutal right now and the Sharks and Big Joe have given our boys fits!

I expected a weak effort and a dull game but this is too much. I might just have to shut er down and crash early.
R.I.P. Luc.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Bah!.........
Next???
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Excuses aside, the Nux looked for the most part like a tired team.

Mistakes by the D ended with goals on at least 4 of the 5 goals scored by the Sharks. Chock it up to lack of focus due to lo/no energy in the tanks.

Loss of Kesler for the game didn't help either as Thornton was very noticeable.

On to oil country. Looking for a more enrgized effort.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Considering the injuries, illnesses, schedule and our prolific numbers of bottom 6 players I'm not surprised by games like this. The thing that has impressed me thus far this season is how the team battles back. No need to panic. It just makes for boring TV.
R.I.P. Luc.
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Just beat the oilers.........thats all I ask........even if they don't win against another team all year, beat the stupid oilers ....oh yeah, and the stupid flamers too!
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Yeah, it's a tall order to overcome the injury bug on the second night of a back-to-back.

The Nucks (particularly the defence corp. - ugh, the Miller and Kraiicek goofs on the last two goals were wince inducing) played like a mentally tired team last night, and the absence of Kessler was duly noted.

Weaver dressing as a forward was worth a laugh or two. Especially when he levelled Ozolish. :lol:
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Condolences for the people who bought tickets to that game.

Proof the NHL has watered itself down with too many games.

No wonder they can't get the attendance or TV deal in the US
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

dangler wrote: Proof the NHL has watered itself down with too many games.
Rumour has it the number of games will go up by 2 to accommodate at least one home & home game with every team.

That being said, it's the scheduling, IMO that has affected games like this. How the Nux brass put up with this year's schedule is beyond me.

How many times in Oct/Nov were ther big gaps between games and then this road trip ?

Certainly the West coast teams have to put up with a lot with respect to time zone changes on many road trips. However, to have a schedule that takes them to 8 different cities in 14 nights including 2 back to back games would cause me (if I'm Nonis) to raise a comment or two on the scheduling.