GDT: Canucks vs. Ducks

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

GDT: Canucks vs. Ducks

Post by Linden Is God »

Does the Luongo injury have us all so depressed here that no one felt like doing a GDT?

The Ducks will be looking for payback for that whooping the Canucks put on them a few weeks ago.

I say 4-1 Ducks. Kesler being our goal scorer.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

w00t w00t!! 2-0 Canucks!! I'm loving this!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

The 2 rookies combining for the Canucks first goal looked liked Trottier and Bossy for God sakes. Very impressive boys.

I expected the Ducks to come out pounding the injury riddled Canucks. This doesn't seem to be the same Ducks squad that beat the Nuck's 4-0 in last seasons playoffs. Forget the talent drain with Neidermeyer, Selanne and Penner. Their team toughness seems to have waned.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

UpYerKilt wrote:The 2 rookies combining for the Canucks first goal looked liked Trottier and Bossy for God sakes. Very impressive boys.
Easy now.......

UpYerKilt wrote:I expected the Ducks to come out pounding the injury riddled Canucks. This doesn't seem to be the same Ducks squad that beat the Nuck's 4-0 in last seasons playoffs. Guts
Ummm it was a 4-1 series wasn't it?
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

3-0!! What the..................
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Does the Luongo injury have us all so depressed here that no one felt like doing a GDT?
The last one I started didn't go so well for the Canucks, so i thought I had better give it a rest.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

OK 4-1 it was...I got carried away watching the 2 rooks do their Hull and Oates rendition.

There is that better? lol

When the Canucks are undermanned and riddled with injuries they seem to respond with an extra effort I'm sure no one predicted. Especially Linden is God Ducks 4-1 oops!
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Wow these two kids are doing a great job tonight. Its nice to watch them buzz the Ducks net like that.
Don Cherry for P.M.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Those 2 kids looked like Marcel Dionne and Charlie Simmer on that 2 on 1.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

3rd period shots 16 to 1....

Prevent defense...we see it all the time in the NFL when a teams up by a couple touchdowns...sometimes it works. It worked tonight for Vancouver.

The best 2 players on the ice tonight were Curtis Sanford who was quick to grab up his rebounds and always found a way to face the shooter...great game. The other player who in my mind played his best 3 periods of the season was Willie Mitchell. He chopped down Ducks heading to the net knocked sticks out of Ducks hands rubbed Ducks into the boards took hits to make a play to a teamate so they could get it out of the zone.

My first star tonight - Willie Mitchell no question

Guts
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Couldn't see the game, but it sounded like the Sandman was on fire tonight... which I guess would turn him to glass.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I'm back in Vancouver so I actually got to watch the game tonight which is a nice change. On that note, the first period and a half kicked ass, the rest? Not so much.

We're still not getting a 60 minute effort, although it was nice to see Pyatt, Raymond and Jaffray have some chemistry right off the bat. We're in tough tonight against the Sharks though, time to find out if Sanford has the will/endurance to pull off a repeat performance because we'll most definitely need it.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I got5 a chance to watch the game, and was very impressed with the effort! Jaffrey and Raymond didn't look out of place at all last night. I'm glad AV gave them the opportunity to play some minutes. They responded and we were able to roll 4 lines most of the night. Which will help tonight.

Sanford was incredible! The first was almost unstoppable (damn I hate Pronger).

Let's hope they carry the same attitude into San Jose.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

This is a very tough stretch physically for the team. I think they just ran out of gas last night in the third. In essence, this is an 8 game road trip flying all over the god damn continent.
Hope there is gas in the tank for tonight. i think the Sharts will take the body early and try to wear them down the rest of the way.
AND, this trip is not over yet! Next the fly to deadmonton to take on the soilers......... :evil:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

last night was Sanford and Sons vs the Ducks

the Kids were awesome and Sandman was solid.