GDT: 11/05/07 Nucks and Hawks 5:30 PPV (again)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 11/05/07 Nucks and Hawks 5:30 PPV (again)

Post by levelheaded »

Well, a second consecutive early game on PPV that noone will order. We blanked the Hawks 2-0 last time we played them, but it was much closer than that. Roberto Luongo was the only reason we didn't lose 5-1. We'll need a much better tonight if we're to win again.

I say 4-2 Hawks, Byfuglien with 2 goals, Lang and Toews with the others. Cooke and Nazzy will score for us.

GO CANUCKS GO

Edit: Just saw that Matty says Linden is in and Brown is out tonight. Tough break for an Illinois kid.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: GDT: 11/05/07 Nucks and Hawks 5:30 PPV (again)

Post by SRsez »

levelheaded wrote:Well, a second consecutive early game on PPV that noone will order.
GO CANUCKS GO
Considering that I've bought every PPV game the Canucks have ever broadcast, and the fact that Canuck's PPVs are the best selling in the league, I have difficulty reconciling your opinion with the facts.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 11/05/07 Nucks and Hawks 5:30 PPV (again)

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

The boys need a bounce back win. I'm saying 3-1. Nazzy, Cooke and Salo. Toews for the Hawks.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

Is this game on that web site again? Does anyone know? Last time it didn't work but would be nice to try it again.

No way will I buy ppv.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

confidence?

Post by UpYerKilt »

After the missed open net and the give away that led to a goal I'll be watching Naslunds game closer tonight...his recent rep is to get down on himself and it usually effects his play. Leaders bounce back the same game. Lets watch.

Luongo wont like to see that goal on replay.

Kesler is a stud...double shift that man.

I see Lindens whining got him back in the line up. His comments yesterday came as a suprise and were a distraction. Not a leaders comments. Take the high road with your coach when it comes to the media.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Do Tom and Shorty have replay available to them?

What the hell did Salo go off for...making a nice comeback stick check? That was a reflex call by the ref. Then no Guts to call a penalty shot 30 secs later with Burrows.

G
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: confidence?

Post by Linden Is God »

UpYerKilt wrote:
I see Lindens whining got him back in the line up. His comments yesterday came as a suprise and were a distraction. Not a leaders comments. Take the high road with your coach when it comes to the media.

Guts
Didn't read Linden's comments, but I see no problem with it. I see it as him wanting to help the team and being eager to play again. If you were an athlete, you'd feel the same way.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

UpYerKilt wrote: I see Lindens whining got him back in the line up. His comments yesterday came as a suprise and were a distraction. Not a leaders comments. Take the high road with your coach when it comes to the media.
I would be interested to see these comments - are they available on the net anywhere?

Listening a bit to the game, sounds like the young guns on Chicago are firing on all cylinders. Hopefully our guys can keep up.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

It was all over the Team 1040 yesterday...they played Lindens comments all day.

Everyone that heard them agreed Linden came across as pissed off. That's a good thing, as an athlete you have to admire the fire in the belly. But... when you're asked about these things (playing time) keep it in the room or between you and the coach...dont play the hard done by forward who's scored 1 goal in 18 games - iAlso he was told in the sunmmer his igames would be cut down...38 in april.

It just didnt come across as a team guy and you could hear Linden backtrack a bit later on saying the team comes first etc. But that's not how it started and that's what suprised everyone.

Lindens been sitting because the management want to see what kind of young talent they have. Linden was toild this in the summer when he re signed.

Guts
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Imo Trevor clearly is trying to conquer back his status as the franchise leading scorer. :mrgreen:

3:2 ....hold ooooooooon. :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Yeah, I didn't get to hear any of his comments. He must be pretty pissed to have sounded like that. Wouldn't have expected such from him, although I can't say I have totally agreed with AV's treatment of him even given the off-season agreement. Hopefully it will show in his play.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

3-2 win, although I thought both teams were fairly even. The officiating helped with that though. Back in first in the NW, good place to be :D
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

I agree the officiating was poor and kept the Hawks in the game. The high stick on Kesler had to be called.

gritty road win.

Guts
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

UpYerKilt wrote: I see Lindens whining got him back in the line up. His comments yesterday came as a suprise and were a distraction. Not a leaders comments. Take the high road with your coach when it comes to the media. Guts
And I wonder why players dislike talking to media.

He was asked a question. He answered. When the player doesn't he gets dumped on.

This is what was written. Callers were also taking Pratt to task for his interpretation of what was said:

http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/ ... 16c573e74f