GDT: 11/25 2007 Nucks and Hawks Snet 7PM

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 11/25 2007 Nucks and Hawks Snet 7PM

Post by levelheaded »

Chicago is a team that has really come into its own this year. Kane and Toews seem like the real deal, and Khabibulin is playing like he gives a crap again. The Hawks will be a much harder test than they have been in the last few years.

However, I expect it to be a good game as Chicago play a fast and exciting style, and are generally likable. On top of that the two highest paid goaltenders in the NHL go head-to-head, at the very least it should be an interesting game.

Time for a bounce back effort.

I say 3-2 Chicago in OT. Mo and Cooke will score for us, Kane, Toews and Seabrook will respond for them.

GO CANUCKS GO
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Chicago played to a shoot out last night in Edmonton. I'm assuming they're a tired bunuch and that we'll see Lalime tonight as Khabibulin played last night.

After that gross loss to the Blows on Friday, I feel the Canucks need a win here. I say 4-2 Canucks. Kesler, Cowan, Nazzy and Salo.

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Yeah, definitely need a win tonight. They played last night, and despite how much better they are from last year, they still ain't that great. What talent they do have is young & inexperienced, and Khabi has never been as good as Luongo.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

SRsez wrote:Yeah, definitely need a win tonight. They played last night, and despite how much better they are from last year, they still ain't that great. What talent they do have is young & inexperienced, and Khabi has never been as good as Luongo.
No matter how you view their roster, they're higher than us in the Standings and they've beaten Detroit 3 times...
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

SRsez wrote: What talent they do have is young & inexperienced...
True, but would I ever like to have some of that "young & inexperienced" talent in a Canuck uniform.

As per the game, can't really say I expect that much. 4-3 loss. Hopefully Naslund pots another along with Pyatt and, a guess from way out in left field, Cooke. Lang, Toews, Sharp and Sopel for the Hawks.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

As Ohlund is back apparently Bourdon has been sent back down.
WpgJets
CC Veteran

Post by WpgJets »

Well, I hope the Canucks win since the Bombers lost. 3-1, D. Sedin with 2, M. Cooke. Toews for Chicago.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Scoring the first goal at home is a nice habit to get into...it's a reward for coming out of the room with instant energy catching the opponant asleep at the wheel.

There was a Grey Cup game? Wow I was watching Brady and the Pats get all they want from the Eagles.

Sundays are a bounty of sports.

Kesler knocking the rook into the bench was a motivator for him...look for him to have a big night.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Blast from the past....

Just looking at Denis Savard (Hawks coach) makes me remember how stupid the Habs were to not take him with their first over-all pick. Instead they too Doug Wickenheiser.

Canucks showing that rare tough side...Cook will be a marked man...that usually brings out the best in him.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

CANUCKS DRUMMERS BACK

Post by B. Mackin »

Back by popular demand. You loved them in the playoffs. Now you can love them more. The Canucks Drummers are back to turn the Library back into the Garage. Tweedledee and Tweedledrum and their big-ass percussion devices are again disabling the eardrums of the disabled and differently abled in GM Place's southwest wheelchair section. Keith Moon would be proud!
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

more interesting but absolutely useless information from the chicago announcers...

Harpo spelled backwards is Oprah...

Gotta love the american broadcasters:)
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE GAME: WWW.CHICAGOLOSING1-0.COM

Post by B. Mackin »

The WWW patches on the right chest of the Blackhawks' jerseys does not celebrate a decade on the Internet for the Chi-town NHLers. Instead it's the initials of deceased club owner William Wadsworth Wirtz, who was fondly remembered as Billionaire Bill Blackhawk. Or Cheapie Billy Tee-pee among diehard Chicago fans who haven't celebrated a Stanley Cup championship since 1961.
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

Oprah=Harpo

Post by B. Mackin »

Would that be John Wiedeman and Troy "Ex-Jet" Murray or Dan Kelly and Eddie "Couldn't Make It As A Coach" Olczyk?

Best useless info in a sports telecast in 2007: Mandarin-language feed of the World Series on ESPN Asia. Manny Ramirez's hairstyle was compared to Tracy Chapman's. The only viewers who understood the obscure reference actually didn't understand Mandarin..
showtyme21 wrote:more interesting but absolutely useless information from the chicago announcers...

Harpo spelled backwards is Oprah...

Gotta love the american broadcasters:)
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE GAME: WELCOME ROSS TO THE JOINT!

Post by B. Mackin »

Shane "I'm Trying to Be Ben Stiller But Not Succeeding" Foxman interviewed Ross Rebagliati near the end of the first intermission at GM Place. The snowboarding gold medalist from Nagano 1998 was introduced by Foxman as a "1996 gold medalist."

Maybe Shane was enjoying the B.C. bud between 1996 and 1998, for which we'll forgive him that mistake. The 1996 Olympics were of the summer variety in Atlanta, Ga.

For those in the Ross Nation, you'll be delighted to know he's director of ski and snowboard operations at Kelowna Mountain.
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

LIVE FROM THE GAME: EDLER EXAM COMING

Post by B. Mackin »

There will be a test on Alexander Edler knowledge upon exit from the arena tonight. A bio on the Swede was played again in the second intermission. It was also shown during the previous homestand.
The Ostersund, Sweden native played in 2005 for the Kelowna Rockets after a year with the MoDo Juniors in Ornskoldsvik and before a year with the Manitoba Moose in Winnipeg.