GDT Canucks @ Wild 5 PM TV: PPV, Radio: Team 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT Canucks @ Wild 5 PM TV: PPV, Radio: Team 1040

Post by mattola »

will we continue to be undefeated against the Div?
will we rebound from last nights shootout loss?
will we be seeing a dirty fight filled game?

tune in tonight same canucks channel, same canucks PPV quality.

go canucks go
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

I won't be buying.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Man I wish this game was on TV in Ontario. Let's hope this doesn't get ugly. A bounce back win will be huge.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:Man I wish this game was on TV in Ontario.
I hear ya man...

Should be a good one, I've got nothing better to do this evening so I'll be listening to the whole thing.

Unfortunately I'm not too optimistic tonight, I say 5-2 Wild, Cooke and Daniel will be our goalscorers. Sanford will be shelled and the team will give a generally lacklustre performance after playing last night. However, with that said...

GO CANUCKS GO
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i will be really disappointed if we rollover and get hammered tonight. these types of games are a very good measure of how good we really are. if we don't answer the bell tonight (even after a back to back) its a bad sign IMO
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

hi all, long time lurker here, first time posting:

just wanted to let you know that i'm also in TO...but it looks like the game will be available online through an experimental european feed called espn360...

i couldn't watch the game yesterday, but from the sounds of it, the canucks are starting to feel the loss of ohlund, like on PK

but i'm growing in optimism that Naslund, and maybe Morrison too, are learning to play offense from within AV's defensive system...so how about 4-3 canucks in OT, Krajicek (PP), Pyatt (his turn?), D. Sedin, and Naslund with the winner. Gaborik and whoever else for the Wild.

and the boogey man injures himself trying to break the Sedins' cycling. ;)
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

2 -0 !!

WHAT A DRIVE BY KESLER!
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

What just happened... :?

2-1 in less than a minute, a fight. Wow... This is... weird...

Edit: Welcome to the site Antro. Stuck in Toronto like me eh?
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

Why the heck can't we get a vancouver feed for the centre ice online version?? I'm sick of hearing about how shitty the canucks are...how the wild guy got more punches than Brown, how goony the canucks are... Last week, we got the av's announcers, a few weeks ago we got the wild announcer.... It's getting freakin' ridiculous.

At any rate, it looks like Naslund has found his scoring touch again... goals in his last 4 games?? I was going to post that Sanford was going to get the shutout, but I guess I'm lucky I got to the computer late 8-)

I'm getting more and more excited to be a fan of these Canucks.
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Wow, the anti-Canuck reffing continues tonight. Gaborik's tying goal was on a totally phantom high-sticking call on Mitchell (he didn't even touch the guy!) that put Minnesota up 5 on 3. And then there was Naslund's goal that was waved off because of a whistle when the puck was lying open in the crease... man, I hate it when I have to complain about the refs instead of talking about the game.
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

showtyme21 wrote:Why the heck can't we get a vancouver feed for the centre ice online version?? I'm sick of hearing about how shitty the canucks are...how the wild guy got more punches than Brown, how goony the canucks are... Last week, we got the av's announcers, a few weeks ago we got the wild announcer.... It's getting freakin' ridiculous.
I couldn't agree more showtyme. The announcer just finished saying the Minnesota player who just tripped/hooked/held/slashed Kesler shouldn't have gotten penalized. I feel sorry for the Minnesota fans who have to put up with that regularly.
Ilevakam
CC Veteran

Post by Ilevakam »

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Holy Crap I love you Ilevakam
antro
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by antro »

i also agree showy...if at least they knew something about hockey...but they didn't even know that a penalty after coincidental minors means 4 on 3, and not 5 on 4...

reffing is bad, the call on mitchell was totally horrible...but also weaver isn't positionally sound enough ,or quick enough, to play PK.

and edler has to learn to aim and hit the net on his PP point shots...but at least its an interesting game. cooke nearly fought too.

thx for the welcome level, yeah, here i am, surrounded by maple leaves fans. i protect myself by saying that i even prefer the sens to the leaves.
-----------------------------
no more Bieksa-bashing!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I haven't seen Bourdon tonight, is he not playing or something?