GDT Nov 18th 2007: Nucks and Flames 5PM SNET

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT Nov 18th 2007: Nucks and Flames 5PM SNET

Post by levelheaded »

Should be a great game tonight. The Flames are coming off a gritty win over the Oilers last night, and the Canucks are riding high thanks to this great run. A chance to improve to 8-0-1 in the division and move 2 games over .500 with a win tonight. Can it be done? Will Bourdon step it up again after finally scoring his first NHL goal? Can Luongo keep dominating the way he has for the last couple of weeks? Was the 6-2 win over the Wild for real? Have we turned this season around?

*cheesy announcer voice* Find out... TONIGHT

I say 4-2 Canucks, Mitchell, Daniel X2 and Morrison will be our goalscorers. Bourdon with a couple of assists.

GO CANUCKS GO
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Hmmmm I say the " cheesy announcer " gotta be smoking tooooo much BC grown.. A tight game tonight.. Isbister, Pyatt, Kessler line to be our top 5 on 5 line of the night. Mo to score. D maybe without Ohlund according to todays Province . Sedins 1 goal on PP. Score? 3 - 2 Canucks. Bourdon with an assist. Goal scorers ? Mo, Sedin, Isbister - jus coz he is due :)

All bets are off without Ohlund... Flames win 3-2
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Well I'll be at work for this game, but luckily I bought an XM subscription yesterday so I'll be able to listen to the game. Flames should be tired having played late last night. Hopefully the Canucks continue their dominance against the North West

GO CANUCKS GO!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Hey L.I.G. it's nice to see that I'm not the only poor sap who has to work on Sunday night. I don't have the luxury of listening to the radio but I can check the scores online every now and then.

I predict 2-1 Flames. Our goal by Kessler.
R.I.P. Luc.
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

Stupid Center Ice Online... Doesn't let me watch because I'm in the Flames/Oilers Region. Pisses me off.

Canucks 5-1 - with Naslund's hattrick
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Bartman wrote:Hey L.I.G. it's nice to see that I'm not the only poor sap who has to work on Sunday night. I don't have the luxury of listening to the radio but I can check the scores online every now and then.

Sorry bud, looks like you are. I got to bring my work at home, but regardless I still can't watch the game as I'm in Ontario.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Bah! Calgary scores on their first shot, totally against the flow of play. I'm not happy.
Bartman
MVP
MVP

Post by Bartman »

Linden Is God wrote:
Bartman wrote:Hey L.I.G. it's nice to see that I'm not the only poor sap who has to work on Sunday night. I don't have the luxury of listening to the radio but I can check the scores online every now and then.

Sorry bud, looks like you are. I got to bring my work at home, but regardless I still can't watch the game as I'm in Ontario.
BLAST!!! Oh well. At least I'm paid well to be here. Go Canucks!
R.I.P. Luc.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Mitchell makes it 2-1!!!!

Who called it?
I say 4-2 Canucks, Mitchell, Daniel X2 and Morrison will be our goalscorers.
Oh that's right... 8-)
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Wow, what a nice goal by ... Mitchell, of all the people! Beautiful moves by Naslund to set that one up!
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

WILLIE MITCHELL!!!
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

HUGE WIN!!

Love the box score. Got some great secondary scoring, or in this case fourthly scoring (Izzy and Willie) and Nazzy gets a few points to boot.

Now let's hope they keep it up on the road.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!

That win was SO much better than finishing this paper, WHO CARES ABOUT DEADLINES WHEN THE CANUCKS ARE PLAYING? :D
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

This board is surprisingly quiet for such a big game against a classic rival. I was fortunate enough to be able to watch the whole game without being interrupted by work (or the guilt of procrastinating on a paper).

I was really impressed with how the Canucks started in the first period; it could have been 3-0 Canucks after the first few minutes. But once Calgary tied it up with their first shot of the game, I got the sinking "we wasted all our chances and now we're gonna pay" feeling in the pit of my stomach. It didn't help when we got in severe penalty trouble early in the second, with two 5-on-3's!

Amazingly, our penalty kill (and Lou) survived the onslaught, and shortly thereafter, the well-rested Swedish line set up Willie Mitchell(!) with a highlight-reel goal which proved to be the game winner. Things only got better from there, with a great goal by Naslund, and even a goal from Isbister in the third! I feel sorry for anyone who chose Kiprusoff in their hockey pool (but not too sorry, lol...)

Yay Canucks!
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I think lost in all of this is the fact we've gone from 3 games under .500 to 2 games over in the last 6 games. This run is nothing short of incredible... 8-0-1 in the division now... (not to mention 3 points back of first place Minnesota with a game in hand...)