GDT: 11/16/07 - Wild at Canucks, 7:00PM SN - HD (NOT Shaw)

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: 11/16/07 - Wild at Canucks, 7:00PM SN - HD (NOT Shaw)

Post by mattola »

bounce back game?

hard to say Wild are the only team we havent played yet and have had all types of problems in the past. they seem to know how to get to us early.

I dont feel good for this one

4-2 Wild but go canucks go
Last edited by mattola on Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

game is on HD sportsnet but apparently SHAW wont carry that one.

good thing Im at the game
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Hey matty, say hello to the garage from me.

Bad thing is Gaborik played yesterday and had 2 points, good thing is he played yesterday.... :mrgreen:

Go Canucks Go, they just have to find a way with passion and ethic, then finally they got at least a shutout and one point losing in the shootout...

My last prediction is far far away but i'm going to say 2 points....
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've heard that Josh Harding is starting, but I'm not sure if it's true.

I don't have any strong feelings either way on this one, but I saw 3-2 Canucks in OT, but the Wild could easily take it as well. Cooke, Kesler and Mitchell will be our goalscorers.

GO CANUCKS GO
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

wlll do cookie. I will even drink a pint in your honour :)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

mattola wrote:wlll do cookie. I will even drink a pint in your honour :)
What's that going to be? A $15 hello to GM Place?

Hopefully the game will be on at the bar tonight.

The Canucks will be in tough tonight, but with the Wild playing back to back, maybe Gaborik's groin will tighten up on him and give us an advantage.

I would expect Harding to start, seeing as Backstrom is coming off a groin injury and he played last night. The wise thing would be to give him the night off.

I see a 3-1 ugly Canucks win. Kes, Mo and Burrows pop one in. Rolston for the Wild.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!! :towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

we have given away tons of points to back to back games when we are supposed to be the fresh team. I dont buy the team being the tired team from teh night before. they are generally pumped up already from that game not too mention it being so early in the season they should have no excuses. I dont think the canucks are good enough to beat Minny when they are healthy. and I think Gabby will eat our young D alive
Mikodat
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Mikodat »

Well I am now an optimist... Mattola picking the Wild? ... for shame.. AV's putting together a checking line of Mo, Burrows and Cooke.. Should be able to handle the Gaborik line nicely.. Luongo looked good for the last couple of games. D is better without Bieksa.. Luc is due to score his first NHL goal.. So, I,m going with the Nucks.. 3 -2 .. Luc, Mo and another long shot .. Isbister..
Nuck fan Since 1970 and still no Cup :(
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Kesler, Pyatt & Isbister could become a great line if they can keep using their combination of speed and size.

All they need is some finish or get the puck to the point and crash the net.
Isbister, in particular, needs to learn there are more than the two shooting options. (Hit the goalie in the crest or miss the net altogether.)

But lots of potential there and, if they can become effective, it will justify breaking up the Kes, Cooke & Burrows line.

The truth is, I see lots of potential in our roster.
As long as we have jump and passion we are great defensively.
All we really lack, now that the team has rediscovered its work ethic, is an effective attack for each line and a better face-off percentage..

Maybe tonight?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Mikodat wrote:Luc is due to score his first NHL goal.. So, I,m going with the Nucks.. 3 -2 .. Luc, Mo and another long shot .. Isbister..
I was actually considering listing Bourdon as one of my goalscorers tonight. Precognition perhaps? :P
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

It's 3-0 'Nucks in the first and noone is posting?

For Shame
For Shame
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

This is the start I was hoping for. I was looking at the Canucks' record when scoring less than 3 goals, and it wasn't pretty.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Mwaaaa haaaa haaaa!!!!!!

5-1??? The vaunted Minnesota Defence let's 5 goals in against the so-called 'plugger offence' of our boys and it's not even half-way through the game!!! Pour it on boys and enjoy the feeling! God knows it may be a long time till you feel it again!!!! :drunk:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

This should be 2 points tonight. Wow i should predict games more often,... :lol:

LUUUUUUUUUC yihaaaaaaaaaaa 6:2..........like mikodat said....due to.... :cheers:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

So Mikodat, good call on the Bourdon goal. I think he's ready to stay up full time now. I didn't get to see/hear it, was it a good goal or a bit of a fluke? Is there anything more awesome than kicking the shit out of the Wild? I think not.

I can sleep easy tonight.