GDT: 11/14/07 - Oilers at Canucks, 7:00PM TSN HD

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: 11/14/07 - Oilers at Canucks, 7:00PM TSN HD

Post by mattola »

Can the Canucks carry on this winning streak?

Will the Sedins continue their dominance against the Oilers?

Will Luongo carry through his excellent play the last 3 wins?

GO CANUCKS GO!!
jchockey
MVP
MVP

Post by jchockey »

5-2 win for the Canucks.

First time we'll get to see Sam Gagner!

Being in Nova Scotia, I'm glad the game's on TSN, even if I do have to put up with Glen Healey, Bob McKenzie, and Mike Milbury.
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

hey hey hey.. put up with Bob Mckenzie.. what did he ever do to you other than tell you amazing little tidbits about the nhl and how its run. If i could chose my best friend in this crazy world it would be him.

Anyways it should be a tough game the oilers are not in a good place and they know that the nucks are starting to get things into gear. Hopefully the canucks can continue there good play. I wanna see Hansen score.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

i like the blob. very insightful
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

At least we'll get McGuire and Miller announcing. I love Cuthbert, but with him, means Healey is in tow, which I do not like.

I'm pretty pumped that the game is on TSN, seeing as I'm in Ontario and rarely get to see games. I feel bad for you guys that it's a 6:30 start. I guess more so for those that have to rush to the game to get the opening face off.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Broda »

seriouslly how hard would it be to kill miller.. or atleast just get a good shot at his larnix... (sbelling) so he can't talk anymore. I would love to see Cuthbert with McGuire... healye can get ric flair chopped in the throat too..

Im ecstatic... im unemployed as of a last week so i can see the game.. muhahahah.. ah.. yeah im going to cry now and eat beans from a can.. excuse me..
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

A game I (hopefully) get to watch tonight. Should be a good one, the Oilers are hungry for a win and the Canucks are FINALLY in a position to break above .500.

I say 3-2 Canucks in the SO. Naslund and Daniel will be our goalscorers, and Morrison will get the shootout winner.

GO CANUCKS GO
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

After another break, the Canucks have to get back up to game speed.

Cowan could be back, hopefully.

GO CANUCKS!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Anyone catch the pregame show?? I found it interesting how Dreger said Jeff Carter's name is being mentioned in trade talk because the Flyers want a more defensive player. Then he went to say the Flyers have always had interest in Kesler. Not sure I'd want to make that trade, but I would love to see Carter in a Canucks uni.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Linden Is God wrote:Anyone catch the pregame show?? I found it interesting how Dreger said Jeff Carter's name is being mentioned in trade talk because the Flyers want a more defensive player. Then he went to say the Flyers have always had interest in Kesler. Not sure I'd want to make that trade, but I would love to see Carter in a Canucks uni.
No way the Canucks are trading Kesler with him playing so well. Richards would be sweet, but I don't see a trade for him working. (especially with both teams playing well *touch wood*)
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Nice first period. Good pace to this game, I hope it keeps up.

I was very impressed with Bourdon's play.

Can someone answer me this? Since when is Ritchie manning the point on the PP??
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

Good effort tonight. The team is skating well and unlucky not to be leading. Always a good game when these two teams play,
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Shots on goal

Post by UpYerKilt »

16 first period shots on goal for Vancouver? Are you kiddiung me? This is not Detroit or Ottawa this is friggin Vancouver...the team who has scored the least of any teams in the NHL at home. Oh wait a second they must be playing the Oilers.

All sarcasm aside great first period that got my attention early with 2 pings in the first 2 minutes.

Period 2 could be a trap period. Careful now.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Damn, divisonal record broken by a lousy shootout. :?

Just listened to the 3rd period plus ot and i think it was pretty even but afterall was it a deserved win for the Oil ? Regarding just the shots and what posters said already i guess not...
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Wed Nov 14, 2007 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Byron Ritchie???

Ryan ( No Hands) Keseler???

I wonder if the players get choked after playing a hard, full 60 minutes and the Coach makes questionable ( down right stupid) choices in the shootout.

I know I'm not overly happy and I was just sitting on my couch.
Don Cherry for P.M.