GDT: 11/08/07 - Canucks at Calgary, 6:00PM Sportsnet

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: 11/08/07 - Canucks at Calgary, 6:00PM Sportsnet

Post by mattola »

Game 2 of 8 straight against Div Rivals.

go Canucks go
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Phaneuf's indefinite injury has been downgraded to 'he's playing tonight.' We're screwed.

I say 3-1 Calgary, Naslund is our goalscorer.

edit: GO CANUCKS GO
BigT420
AHL Prospect

Post by BigT420 »

i say canucks win, 3-1 with an EN.

cgy playin bad too.
War bums stealing bread from ducks
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Iginlia's playing well and has been throughout the slump but, so long as we don't look beyond our last game, we're 'ALL' playing well. :mrgreen:

I'm expecting a good game.
A win would make that a great game.

It's very hard to guess how the team will play given the long layoff.
With all the practice time I expect the penalty kill will be good and possibly the power play.

What I'm really hoping for though is a repeat of the team's jump and determination from the Avs game.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

If there's a team I hate it has to be Calgary. Keenan the Messier pole smoker coaching. The Flegms have lost 3 straight by a combined score of 12-3. You know he's going to have his goons run Luongo and try to intimidate the Canucks. I guess it would be too much to ask for Nonis and Vigneault to bring up Zack Fitzgerald in order to neutralize Godard. If I were Vigneault, I would have Pyatt line up opposite Iginla. His job would be to shadow JI and if he tries to fight Ohlund, Mitchell or Kesler in order to fire up his team, then Taylor's job is to get in there and start throwing uppercuts under Iginla's visor. It would be better than having one of our experienced defencemen off the ice for a fighting major. The Canucks as a team need to stand up to these guys.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ah yes - the standard "Run Luongo" game plan... I guess as long as we let people get away with it, it's a good plan.

I just hope we don't come out too flat after this long layoff. 2 games in a row, then 5 days for the next. Whoever mentioned the screwed up schedule was 100% right.

All I can do is tune in to 1040 and hope for the best!

GO CANUCKS!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

The Canucks need another big performance from Edler...coach V said he was the best player vs. the Avs that has to be huge for the confidence.

If they get a goal or two from unlikely sources they've got a shot tonight vs. a very good home team. (30 wins last year)

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

3-0

There we go just like I said get 2 unlikely goal scorers and the Canucks are in business. 5-0 in the div?

Guts
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I've missed everything but the first 5 minutes of the game, but that's the scoreline I like to see. Have we been playing especially well or is Calgary playing especially badly?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Listening to it on 1040, it sounds like Calgary's losing this one as much as we are winning it.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

How sweet it is. :mrgreen:

Just turned on the "machines" and a 3:0 lead against Calgary after 2 periods :shock: , could this be their 4th loss in a row ?

Go Canucks Go
Last edited by Cookie La Rue on Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

There are a ton of extra effort plays tonight by the Canucks, something that wasn't prominent in the first month of the season. When the effort is back, the good bounces with follow.

Guts
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Give them enough chances SOMEthing's going to go in. Now 'they' get a goal from unlikely source...
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Now it's gonna be a real nail biter.... the next one for Calgary (from an unlikely source :twisted: )
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Wow, apparently we haven't learnt anything. Playing 60 minutes still seems way too hard.

Also, I'm a curse. I start listening and it goes from a 3-0 lead to a 3-2 lead.