GDT: 11/03/07 - Canucks at Colorado, 7:00PM CBC/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

mband
CC Veteran

GDT: 11/03/07 - Canucks at Colorado, 7:00PM CBC/1040

Post by mband »

The Canucks have been playing miserably of late; they've lost 6 of their last 8, and are tied for last in the Western Conference. The Avalanche, on the other hand, have won 4 straight, are 6-0 at home, and lead the Northwest. To make matters worse for the Canucks, defensemen Salo, Bieksa, and Krajicek are all injured.

In short, everything points to a lopsided Avalanche victory tonight.

However, I had a dream about the Canucks last night: They were down 2-1 in the third, but were putting on the pressure. They hit 3 goalposts and a crossbar, then someone in the corner flipped a pass in the air to Daniel who was streaking in from the blue line. He caught the pass mid-air on his stick and carried it lacrosse-style around a defender before flipping the puck to brother Henrik at the side of the net. He also caught the puck mid-air on his stick, and tucked it under the crossbar for a beautiful goal to tie the game.

Optimistic prediction: 3-2 Canucks in OT.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Im dreading this game. I have a bad feeling where its going to end up.

go canucks go.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I'll be drunk by the time the game starts so the only thing this game can do for me is to induce my drunkeness, whether the boys win or crap the bed.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

I am strangely optimistic about this one. I have no idea why, but I am. I say 3-1 Canucks, Naslund, Ohlund and Burrows will be our goalscorers.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

We're going to the John B Pub in Coquitlam to watch this game. The last time we did that was the Calgary game where we won a free round of drinks when Daniel Sedin scored in O/T. Maybe going back to the JB will bring good luck to Vancouver, I'll say 3-2 Canucks. I'm going to the rematch on Friday.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

mr perfect wrote: I'm going to the rematch on Friday.
as am I . if you want to meet for a PINT PM me.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

DANIEL FROM HENRIK AND NASLUND. 2 SLUMPS BROKEN

keep it going boys great start. even with 2 PKs

1-0 Canucks
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Yay! The play has been surprisingly even so far, with the exception of Pyatt's and Henrik's blunderheaded penalties. At least Henrik made it up with his assist on Daniel's goal.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

good road period. nice start.

keep it going boys
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

A few things I noticed during the first period:

* Weaver looked great on the penalty kill.

* Edler and Bourdon looked comfortable, which is an absolute Must if the Canucks are going to hold their ground during their current injury trouble.

* Isbister needs to receive passes cleanly instead of letting them bounce off his stick.

* Ohlund needs to make outlet passes. Let's face it, an experienced defenseman like him has no excuse for just dumping the puck into the neutral zone.

* Sedins and Naslund looked good together, when Naslund wasn't passing to the wrong team...

* We're up 1-0! Let's keep it up!
Joe Rockhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Joe Rockhead »

Wow !! When Naslund is put with good players things happen!!! Who'da thunk it.

The effort level is very good, Louongo looks shaky but has managed to keep it out, Ryan Smiths an asshole, someone should have forgone the measly 2 min minor and knocked his beeping teeth out.
But the best thing about that period is it WASN'T boring!
Don Cherry for P.M.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

Joe Rockhead wrote:Wow !! When Naslund is put with good players things happen!!! Who'da thunk it.

The effort level is very good, Louongo looks shaky but has managed to keep it out, Ryan Smiths an asshole, someone should have forgone the measly 2 min minor and knocked his beeping teeth out.
But the best thing about that period is it WASN'T boring!
Naslund with the Sedins only work once in a while. they all get quickly shut down. Im not sure Ive seen a game when all 3 stayed on teh same line and they dominated the game

Smyth not Smith. man I would love to have him here

Does Smyth have Teeth to knock out ?

yes that was a damn good period for us.

70% in the Faceoff
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

mband wrote:
* Ohlund needs to make outlet passes. Let's face it, an experienced defenseman like him has no excuse for just dumping the puck into the neutral zone.

!
hes making most of them. the receiving player still has to be able to take them.,,,

2nd period..

Lou is looking good.
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

does tommy and shorty know teh period started? WTF?
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Go figure... give the Canucks a division rival where emotion is as important as talent and you get a great effort....so far.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca