GDT: 10/28/07 Canucks and Wings Round 2 7:00PM PST PPV/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 10/28/07 Canucks and Wings Round 2 7:00PM PST PPV/1040

Post by levelheaded »

The Canucks have a chance to get back to .500, but to do so they have to beat the hottest team in hockey. The Wings have won 4 in a row and looked good doing so. Henrik Zetterberg has continued his incredible point streak, and is making a whole ton of poolsters look very foolish.

On the Canucks side things look to be on the rebound. They beat Washington in their first 60 minute effort of the year, and Ryan Kesler looks like he's ready to break out and prove why he was the 23rd overall pick 5 years ago. Krajicek is out again, and apparently needs a MRI, so I guess it's more serious than everyone initially thought.

On that note, I've got a good feeling about tonight (not that my good feelings ever amount to anything) but I say we break the Wings streak with a 4-3 OT win. Naslund, Salo, Mitchell and Linden will be our goalscorers.

GO CANUCKS GO
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

A win against a top team like the Wings would be huge! I always love it when they beat the Wings.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
rblight
AHL Prospect

Post by rblight »

Hopefully they can put together another 60 minute effort. Getting back to .500 would be nice.

Go Canucks!!
David: You know how I know you're gay?
Cal: How?
David: You like Coldplay.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

I honestly don't care is we win, I just want to see us get 30+ shots on goal tonight....

GO CANUCKS!!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Seeing everything Tomas Holmstrom does in driving towards the net and being a presence in front (as he usually does when acting as a Canuck killer) it should be something that big players like Brad Isbister and Taylor Pyatt strive to be like.

Holmstrom once again has the Canucks number tonight early and he hasn't even had a power play chance to get in front of Roberto Luongo...
24 hours sports reporter
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Salo's shot is back!

Post by UpYerKilt »

Great to see Sami back on the blue line on the pp. It opens up the options nicely.

Once again what the hell is up with Naslunds wrist shot? 10 mins ago he fluttered one to net from 30 feet. It had no velocity at all. He's never been the same player since the Steve Moore hit and the fallout from it.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

How much does a late goal like that suck. One can only hope that going into the dressing room shortly thereafter, will give the 'Nucks a chance to regroup and come out strong in the second period.

On a very positive note, it's great to see Sami Salo back on home ice with his wrist injury finally healed. His three shots on the Canucks' last power play were all very dangerous and are a much needed presence on the team's back end.
24 hours sports reporter
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

Whenever these two teams meet, a lot is always made about the abundance of skilled Swedish players on either side. However, the future of the Swedish Olympic squad can also be found, particularly in defensemen like Alex Edler from Vancouver and Niklas Kronwall from Detroit. Unfortunately, Kronwall is out of the line-up tonight, but his counterpart, Edler, has looked pretty solid tonight and during most of his stint with the big club this year and last.
24 hours sports reporter
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

I can't believe an excellent analyst like Ray Ferraro says Naslunds biggest asset is his shot, then he shows 3 different clips of Naslund shooting the puck. All 3 were weak fluttering shots yet no one says anything.

Please tell me it isn't just me.. Is #19 actually Joe Sakic and all along I've just been dreaming?

Good teams get momentum from huge saves like Luongo just made at the 9 minute mark. All year the Canucks have been unable to capitalize on momentum builders like that.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

Ugh, why do our idiot fans continue to razz opposing goaltenders when they`re playing fine? I just don`t get it...
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The end of the secopnd period played out like a reverse Godfather moment. Just when you thought the Canucks were back in the game on the strength of Markus Naslund's fourth goal of the year and a strong follow-up shift from the Sedins, then Jiri Hudler takes the puck the other way, undresses Alex Edler and roffs the puck over Roberto Luongo's shoulder, leaving Vancouver to ponder another last minute of the period goal.

Hopefully they come out in the third much like they came out in the second and get the equalizer.
24 hours sports reporter
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Re: GDT: 10/28/07 Canucks and Wings Round 2 7:00PM PST PPV/1

Post by Cookie La Rue »

levelheaded wrote:.... but I say we break the Wings streak with a 4-3 OT win.
:roll: Still possible.

GO CANUCKS GO
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

H Sedin has been invisable this year.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Naslund Is King wrote:H Sedin has been invisable this year.
If he's unvisible he truly has to score some phantom goals. :mrgreen:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
Daniel Wilson
CC Veteran

Post by Daniel Wilson »

The comments on Markus Naslund's lack of power on his shots is totally justified, as the Canucks captain proved again early in this period. What used to be his most potent weapon now looks dreadful and you'd rather see him pass the puck than attempt to take his own shot. It'll be interesting to see if ol' #19 can rectify this in the near future.
24 hours sports reporter