GDT: 10/24/07 Nucks Vs. Wings 4:30PM pst TSN/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

trevordaddy
24 Hours Reporter

Post by trevordaddy »

Can you imagine the Bieksa glare during the day-to-day activities of his life... or what his expression will look like when the baby pops out?

Since chastising Cooke a couple of weeks ago, he's scored 2 goals. Granted, one was on the doorstep, and tonight's was a fluky tally off the D-man.

Love the twins though.
Trevor Daddy

Facebook Group: Canucks 24/7
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

A few thoughts on the game....

I don't like seeing Raymond on our PP. Sure he's got offensive upside, and as the game progressed he did play better. It would just be really nice to have a legit scoring threat in our offence to compliment either the twins line or Naslund, especially on the PP. We need someone who'll bury chances, and creat some of their own. Raymond did use his speed well later in the game and looked decent, I'm not really knocking the kid so much as our lack of a legit scorer.

I haven't been impressed with Richie so far, I'm not sure what he brings that a Burroughs, Cooke, Cowan, Rypin type doesn't already, and he seems a bit on the small side. Is there a side of him I'm missing?

Louie looked great, kept us in what was a much more lopsided game then the score would show. It was also nice to have Salo's boom back. Ohlund reminded me of why I love the guy so much, and re-afirms to me his value to the team. I know the logic of trading him while he's worth something, but he's been a career canuck who plays big min. at key times and is very reliable. Not saying he should necessarily be our #1 guy for years to come, but I've got a soft spot for guys who've stuck with us since draft day. That and he seems like a class act.

All in all we need to improve, obviously, but the wheels aren't off the cart just yet ;)
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Too funny imagining the baby with glare right after the doctor spanks him.

The Canucks right now are like a MLB pitcher with only one pitch. It appears everyone they're playing knows a fast ball is coming, and believe me it's not that fast. The Canucks need to generate more offence in the first 30 minutes of a game so then maybe they can dictate how the final 30 will be played. But then of course that would require a full 60 minute effort wouldn't it?

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Nonis' to do list:

a) Call up Shannon, he could score with the Sedins
b) Send DOWN Raymond, he's fast, but not ready
c) Shoot Weaver into the sun
d) Use a time machine to unsign Miller and sign Bulis and Fitzpatrick instead
e) Shoot anyone who tries a drop pass at the opposition's blueline
f) Sign Forsberg TO A ONE YEAR DEAL
g) publically call out the team
h)???
i) PROFIT!
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

They said the Cabucks were outshot 39-15. Was the game really that lopsided?
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The shots on goal wouldn't worry me if this was a 1970's Russian national team.... but it's NOT....

Without the shots, this team isn't going anywhere.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
D13G0
AHL Prospect

Post by D13G0 »

This team has to stop listening to James Blunt music before the game and start listening to some pumped up songs.
Badfish
MVP
MVP

Post by Badfish »

randymeeks wrote:They said the Cabucks were outshot 39-15. Was the game really that lopsided?
Unfortuantely yes... and no. At times we looked like we could stand up to the wings... and then for large portions of the game they showed us what a really good team does... they seemed to have the puck all the time, we barley had possesion before we'd chasing again... I can only think of about 3 or 4 actual scoring chances aside from the ones that went in... and that's almost being generous. On the other side of the rink, Louie looked amazing and kept this one respectable... and by respectable I mean if you didn't watch the game you might not have this gnawing hole in your stomach after watching that 45+ min of bad hometeam hockey. SO many stupid giveaways.... enough with the frickin' drop passes!!!