GDT: 10/24/07 Nucks Vs. Wings 4:30PM pst TSN/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 10/24/07 Nucks Vs. Wings 4:30PM pst TSN/1040

Post by levelheaded »

Salo is in and Bieksa is out (his wife is giving birth, he hasn't finally decided to take time off to heal).

This is by far the biggest test of the season, so get ready to hear the words "gut check time" repeated ad nauseum until puck drop. We need a solid start AND SIXTY FULL MINUTES OF PLAY to win this one. Zetterberg leads the league in points, so he has to be stopped at all costs. Mitchell needs to be on form or we're toast.

Can we pull it off? Maybe, unfortunately I'm feeling pessimistic today so I say 4-1 Wings, Datsyuk with a pair, Cooke with our only goal. :(

GO CANUCKS GO
Jyrki21
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Jyrki21 »

An Eastern Time game on national television!

The peasants (read: me) rejoice.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Jyrki21 wrote:An Eastern Time game on national television!

The peasants (read: me) rejoice.
I know, I don't have to stay up to 1am on Saturdays to see the end of the Canucks games on CBC :D
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

I'll get to watch the first 2 periods, then I'm going to the Brewery!!
D13G0
AHL Prospect

Post by D13G0 »

"No penalties" is the key phrase the Canucks have to follow. If they disown it, it's all lost.

I don't guess the score because there isn't any point on doing it. But I really hope that Canucks play mature smart hockey or else I see another blowout.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

"No penalties" is the key phrase the Canucks have to follow. If they disown it, it's all lost.
Yeah thats going to be a key for sure ... taking that a step further ... the Canucks have to work harder than the Wings ... if they are lazy they will end up taking penalties and subsequently get burned.

Grizz
Kiefer07
AHL Prospect

Post by Kiefer07 »

We've got hot wings and cold Canucks. I'd rather have BBQ wings and cold Canuck beer. Which will it be tonight?
Gradin4ever
AHL Prospect

Post by Gradin4ever »

This is a good road trip to test their mettle. We need a definitive direction of where this team is going by Christmas. I fear they will hang on to dreams of playoff contention in the eighth or ninth spot and sacrifice more of the future for a vain attempt at first round shame.
Gradin4ever
AHL Prospect

Post by Gradin4ever »

whoa, that was close
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Just checked the score and I am surprised - 1 nothing - I thought it would be 2 or 3 by now. ;-) Well there are still another 40 minutes. My prediction 5-1 Wings Zetterburg 2, Samuelsson 1, (obviously Ellis 1) and Lidstrom capping off the scoring. For the Nucks Burrows.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Red Wings on our ass

Post by UpYerKilt »

Everywhere a Canuck goes they have a Red Wing stapled to their arse! Quicker passes, more hitting. Take a few penalties and their dead. 2-0

I'll be surfing - watching young Jeff Francis get lit up like a 2 ounze pot rally fatty. I like him but the kids facing murderers row part deux.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Damn my prediction was wrong - Holmstrom.

Not watching the game so don't know if Miller's hook was a good penalty, but either way Detroit does NOT need to have the powerplay.

- Sun Tzu
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Good call on the goal by Cooke, Levelheaded.

- Sun Tzu
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Francis/Christmas Tree re: lit up

The Canucks have driven me to watch a young Vancouver boy get lit up as I predicted. Home run, double, single two runs and counting. I wish the Vancouver Grizzlies were on, I'd be watching them right now. But alas, I'm returning back to watching a very good Red Wing team remind us that we're just not that good..... yet.
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Raymond's speed drawing a penalty - I really hope he turns out - he's got a crazy set of wheels.

- Sun Tzu