GDT: 10/21/07 Nucks and Jackets 2:00pm PST PPV/ 1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Naslund Is King wrote:Nucks win 4-1.

Sanford has looked better than Luongo so far this year. ;)
Goaltending Controversy? :lol:

Well that wasn't a pretty game, and I think Columbus deserved a point, but we'll take it. We still need to play a 60 minute game to prove we can, but other than that 2nd period that was a picture perfect game.
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

The score flatters us - we were outshot and outplayed most of the game, but I'm happy to get the 2 points anyway. The difference in this game: We made the most of our chances, and the Jackets didn't. Sanford looked sharp, although he tended to overcompensate when sliding across the crease.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Naslund was named 1st star, Sanford 2nd, Nash 3rd.
In the building, not radio or TV......I got it from NHL.com

Did Naslund play well or did they miss Keslers two goals?

I didn't watch the game.....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Naslund Is King
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Naslund Is King »

It sounds like Naslund had a really great goal.

I dunno about first star.

Keep in mind one of Keslers 2 goals was an empty netter.
sic puppy
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by sic puppy »

Soapy wrote: Did Naslund play well or did they miss Keslers two goals?
Listened to the game on the radio.. While it isn't the same as watching, it sounded like Sanford was the hero with Kesler a close second. Ryan was playing before family and friends and Larsheid suggested that he was possessed in the first period.

The gaff by Naslund to start the second period while the Nux were on the PP seemed to be a turning point with respect to momentum. No shots in the period for the Nux.

The highlights show Nassy's goal was somewhat vintage, but he also didn't celebrate like he was enthralled and checking the TOI he only played about 13 minutes.

From my limited point of view, Sanford was the star followed by Kes.
SRsez
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by SRsez »

Kesler should have been first star. Easily best player on the ice.

The team wasn't as bad as it was made out. Sure they took way too many penalties in the 2nd (what's with that anyway?), but the defense was great, starting with the goalie. Sanford made some beauties & his glove was fast. Columbus had basically one chance, on the 5 on 3, and Nash put it away (as he should). After the 3rd goal there was never any question that the Canucks were going to win.

Okay, maybe it was only Columbus, but 2 points is two points. On to Carolina. We're 3-0 on the road so far, and have a great record the past few years vs. the East. Take some momentum, add an even better goaler, and hopefully we're talking another win tomorrow night.
Real hockey fans refuse to listen to the Idiot(tm)
whistler
CC Veteran

Post by whistler »

Cooke, Burrows & Kesler are coming into their own,
Naslund is playing well, Morrison has jump,
We still have the Sedins (and Shannon in reserve)
We still have Luongo and a good backup in Sanford,
We still have Linden, Cowan and Pyatt who can all contribute,
We kept the defensive core, our PK core and have added a little punch to our Power Play...We've added some young legs with speed and we still have AV who, hopefully, can put it all together again.

We were pretty happy with last season's performance and figured we just needed a better power play, to get Nazzy contributing offensively and a more dependable offensive threat from the third line to become true contenders.

We're not firing on all cylinders yet...certainly not compared to the second half of last year... but I feel pretty good about this team.

...and don't even get me started on the Forsburg thing :lol: