GDT: 10/13/07 Nucks Vs. Oilers Round 2 7:00PM PST CBC/1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, damn....... :bang:

The one and only to blame is me. :oops:

I feel so ashamed. Sorry, especially to you, levelheaded.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
trevordaddy
24 Hours Reporter

Post by trevordaddy »

Set up? Pyatt scored on a rebound. still the Sedins are Oiler killers!
Trevor Daddy

Facebook Group: Canucks 24/7
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Nevertheless i'm upset. First surviving the PP and then got it with a shorthander....

But, a win is a win is a win.

Thank Burkie we have the "Twin Sisters". ;) Or was it "Sin Twisters". :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

Today's performance by the Canucks was a much better win than yesterday's. The goals were the result of excellent pressure and beautiful coordination (as opposed to yesterday's goals which were due to shoddy goaltending).

The Sedins were flying offensively, and our defence was generally a lot more solid, with the exception of that jinxed short-handed goal which ruined Luongo's shutout (thanks a lot Cookie, although I see you feel suitably chastised.) Cooke's absence wasn't missed at all, I must say. Luongo was stellar - hopefully these 2 solid games in a row are a sign that his season-opening jitters are now behind him.
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Post by UpYerKilt »

Nice to see Taylor "Guyliner" Pyatt actually look like a power forward on the fourth goal. Thank god they had the Oilers back to back, it came at a perfect time they truly were the pefect tonic for a struggling Canucks team.
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

(thanks a lot Cookie, although I see you feel suitably chastised.) Cooke's absence wasn't missed at all, I must say.
De nada.

As to Cooke i agree totally, if he's playing like before why should he be missed.

But i hope he'll bounce back like an "energy ball himself". :cheers:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

UpYerKilt wrote:Thank god they had the Oilers back to back, it came at a perfect time they truly were the pefect tonic for a struggling Canucks team.
Hey they've won their first 2 games. :D

But are now on a 4 game losing streak. :lol:

ps: Good night everyone, i'm going to bed now before the sun's rising.(it's 7:08 am )
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

A good game from the club's leaders.

Nazzy played very well - that first goal was all about his anticipation and positioning along the boards.

Mary, mother of God, did the Sedins have some monsters moments on the ice tonight. That two-and-a-half minute shift in the second which ended with Danny's first goal might have been the most dominant shift of their careers. I literally said "Holy crap, are they having a good shift!" five times during their schooling of the Oil D. By the end of it, Edmonton's defenders were so darned hang-dog tired that they looked like they were skating in sand.

And Luongo played in his usual deific manner. (The Mo brainfart that led to the goal was truly flukey. It was almost as if the hockey Gods had heard someone breath the "S" word somewhere in Germany and decided to punish the team for it. The giant hand coming out of that strange cloud of light up in the rafters and signalling a goal was probably the tip off - either that or I'll have to give up drinking Mescal befor the games.)

The PK was also in good form, even during that frightening shift when Ritchie lost his stick. (And speaking about Ritchie, you gotta love it when a guy that size goes after someone five inches taller than him - like Souvray.)

I'm guessing, however, that despite the score, AV will be none too happy about the game. Way too fast and loose. Heck, at times it looked like shinny . . . or that Crawford was coaching again. Tons of end-to-end stuff. Not really AV's style. If the boys try that swapping-chances stuff against a stronger Western Conference opponent - it'll be the Philly Game Pt. II.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

sweet louanne. :shock:

the sedin shift was absolutely incredible. special to watch, not only the sedins but the defencemen who we're keeping the puck in too. I can't remember the last time I watched a PP line play the entire powerplay cycling - and not just dinking around, but actually attacking as well, and retrieving the puck. Absolutely awesome... makes me glad the penalty ended before they scored - the boys deserved the +/- points.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

the sedins are at it again, lets hope they play like that against teams other than the Oilers. im beginning to be impressed by Naslund's performances. 2 assists last night so good for him. i think our top 2 lines were our top 2 lines out there. Luongo is back to being stellar, too bad about the shutout
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews