GDT - Game Day Prayer - Canucks vs Oilers Sportsnet 6 pm

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Nazzy with his 2nd goal of the year. Neither of them have been any good.

Tommy's description of Edmonton's goaltening: "it sucks"

The Oilers will be a lot tougher tomorrow.
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

WHOOOOohooo Nazzy squeezes another in.... :mrgreen:

Take the 2 points and heading home, hell yeah...
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
trevordaddy
24 Hours Reporter

Post by trevordaddy »

I was just about to write that Naslund has been invisible tonight... and then he put in a shot from the corner... horrible save attempt by Rolly.

it must be rough being an Oiler fan... there's no life in their building (not that there was much left the other night.... better luck tomorrow night guys!
Trevor Daddy

Facebook Group: Canucks 24/7
mband
CC Veteran

Post by mband »

A good win by the Canucks. Here's the things that stood out to me since I started watching middle of the 2nd period.

Weaver looked dreadful. Nearly every time I noticed him he was getting beaten or giving up the puck.

Offsetting Weaver's gaffs was Luongo, who made some key saves. His rebound control isn't as good as I remember from last season though.

Morrison was playing really well, skating fast and getting great chances.

If I'm allowed to comment on Oilers players: I can see why Souray consistently has a plus-minus matching the temperature (in degrees C) of the coldest Edmonton winters. He takes ridiculous chances! I'm glad he's with Edmonton and not Vancouver. :-)
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Not a bad effort, but Luongo had to be stellar, and Garon and Roloson were *ahem* terrible. The score really flatters us, but I think we were the better team tonight. Burr and Mo scored some timely goals, and Rypien brought a ton of fire to the lineup. Pyatt was noticeably good I thought. He nearly had a pair, and was solid defensively as well.

That being said you won't score 5 goals on 19 shots on very many nights.

Good effort, we need to keep it up for HNIC tomorrow.
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Gotta love Rypien going for the Gordie Howe hat trick, dropping the gloves - then having to scramble to pick 'em up again when his Oiler partner wouldn't dance. :lol:

Nonis and AV made the right call bringing Rypien up. A spark for us tonight, for sure.

Morrison going coast to coast was a thing of beauty.

And speaking of things of beauty - the Oil goaltending tonight was about as far from that concept as you can get.

It's gonna be a long season for the boys from Deadmonchuck.

The 'Nucks are still not firing on all cylanders, but a much better effort than the black mark that was the game against the Flyers.
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

I like the idea of Rypien up. Now if they would waive Isbister and call up Shannon, I will be happy.
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Meerschaum wrote:Gotta love Rypien going for the Gordie Howe hat trick.....
Just watched the bruins game too and a Vancouver boy did it tonight. :shock:

Wow, has somebody ever accomplished a "Gordie Howe" with his first NHL points ??? Remarkable...

Milan Lucic :rockin:
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
mattola
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by mattola »

expect a bigger game from edmonton tonight

I would think Roloson starts.

lou was supposed to get last night off but said no he needs to get back into it. good sign.