GDT: 10/10/07 Vs. Philly 7:30PST PPV and Team1040

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

levelheaded
MVP
MVP

GDT: 10/10/07 Vs. Philly 7:30PST PPV and Team1040

Post by levelheaded »

A late starter tonight, but should be a good one overall. The Flyers rolled rolled over Calgary, but were beaten by the Oilers last week, hopefully they'll end their Western Canadian Road Swing at 1-2.

Look for a good night from Kesler as he faces the team that gave him his ridiculous offer sheet for the first time.

The Lines I've heard are

Sedin-Sedin-Pyatt
Naslund-Morrison-Shannon
Cooke-Kesler-Raymond

Apparently Edler is back in the lineup as well. I say 3-2 Nucks in the shootout...

GO CANUCKS GO
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Should be a good one tonight. Be interesting to how they match up against a team they haven't played in a couple of years.

Here's a link to Kesler's comments on the game.

Now that Centre Ice online preview has ended, it's back to Team1040 for me. Actually, I thought the Online version was very poor quality - especially for what they're charging. If they could pull off better quality, I'd consider buying it.

GO CANUCKS!!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

CANUCKS vs FLYERS
TV: CANUCKS TV PAY-PER-VIEW
RADIO: TEAM 1040 AM
7:30 PM: GENERAL MOTORS PLACE, VAN

Because they play in opposite conferences, the Flyers and Canucks haven't met since Dec. 15, 2005.
The last three matchups between the teams have taken place in Philadelphia, which hasn't skated in
Vancouver since Dec. 31, 2001. The Flyers have dominated the series lately, going 13-3-0 with one
tie in the last 17 meetings. They have won five straight at Vancouver, and have recorded eight wins
and four ties there since a 5-3 loss on Jan. 17, 1989.

Read the complete game notes
http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... e&id=18397

The Canucks posted a recorded of 9-4-4 when appearing on Canucks TV Pay-Per-View last season.
Wednesday’s game will be the first of 16 games featured on Canucks TV Pay-Per-View in the 2007-08
season.

TICKETS STILL AVAILABLE
Great seats just released for tonight's game! Call 604.280.4400 or go to ticketmaster.ca for more
information!

ONES TO WATCH:

CANUCKS
Not that Canucks’ fans needed another reason to keep their eyes on Roberto Luongo, but the stellar
netminder seemed to reach another gear when facing the Eastern Conference last season. Luongo
posted a perfect 8-0-0 versus teams from the East last season. Luongo has a career record of 2-5-3
versus the Flyers, with a 3.30 GAA and a .915 save percentage.

FLYERS
After finishing dead last in the NHL with a record of 22-48-12, the Phildelphia Flyers broke out
the cheque book and signed former Buffalo Sabres forward Daniel Briere to a massive eight-year deal
worth $52 million. In parts of four seasons with the Sabres, Briere put up 230 points (92-138-230)
in 225 games. He also set career highs in goals (32), assists (63), and points (95) in 2006-07. The
Gatineau, Quebec-native has five points (3-2-5) in 13 career games against the Canucks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LAST TWO GAMES:

VANCOUVER 5 @ CALGARY 4 OT
Daniel Sedin's goal with five seconds left in overtime gave the Vancouver Canucks a 4-3 victory
Saturday night over the Calgary Flames
"It was a scramble," said Daniel about the game winner. "Markus worked hard to get it to Mattias.
The puck went off Kiprusoff to me. It was nice to get that one."
>full recap
http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app?gameNum ... rvice=page

VANCOUVER 1 vs. SAN JOSE 3
Despite a raucous crowd and a solid finish to the night, Vancouver fell 3-1 to the Sharks putting
an end to the longest active winning streak in season openers in the NHL at four games. The Sharks
enjoyed four first-period power plays and ran up three goals on Roberto Luongo before Vancouver
steadied the ship."We had some breakdowns early, especially in the first period," said Markus
Naslund. "We can't give up against a good team like this and it's tough to get back when you're
down three to nothing. It's a disappointing start, but good thing there's a game tomorrow."
Bret H
MVP
MVP

Post by Bret H »

Apparently Edler is back in the lineup as well.
Apparently not... Edler was sent to Manitoba today. ;)

http://canucks.nhl.com/team/app/?servic ... eid=339677
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Raymond has one game with the Sedins then gets benched and then gets put on the third line. Wow, that is one thing I really don't like about AV - he never gives anything a decent shot before shuffling it up again. One would think he would at least give the kid 2-3 games with the Sedins before scrapping that plan. I really feel that especially with young players he should be a little more lenient and give them a some time to adapt, but those are just the thoughts of a fan - not a coach.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Granted, Raymond did miss a few chances that one game, and I haven't seen enough pre-season games to see if this was an aberration or a theme, but perhaps AV did. Sure it could be written off to 'rookie panic', but many players are so amped for their first game that they over-achieve. Give him some time to recover and try again.
Jovorock
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Jovorock »

I see its on PPV, but Shaw doesn't show it on the PPV to order? I gave up my Rocket tickets and the game isn't available?
Keep your friends and your enemies very close
You never know when you might have to stab one
of them in the back!
Kikbutt_10
CC Veteran

Post by Kikbutt_10 »

AV usually ends up shuffling the lines throughout the game anyways, I'd be suprised if he didn't see a shift on the PP with the twins sometime in the game if things aren't working out with Pyatt. I haven't seen or heard the sweet sounds of any Nucks hockey yet this year, so hopefully this game helps the excitement building for the home and home with my "hometown" Oilers. Gonna be a GREAT weekend.....but let's not look past the Phillies, er, Flyers tonight boys.

GO NUCKS!!!
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

I'm one of the poor souls that decided to try out the online version. I have no idea whether it will be worth it, but it will be fun to figure out which games to watch from now on:)

I think the quality issues will be ironed out through the year... Also, when I'm at my home computer (I travel a lot), it seems to work quite well and the quality is low, but not a huge deal...

At any rate, I finally get to watch some more canucks games.

5-2 Canuck win
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

showtyme21 wrote:I'm one of the poor souls that decided to try out the online version. I have no idea whether it will be worth it, but it will be fun to figure out which games to watch from now on:)

I think the quality issues will be ironed out through the year... Also, when I'm at my home computer (I travel a lot), it seems to work quite well and the quality is low, but not a huge deal...
Tell me if it works out because if it's any good I'll get it. I'm Canucks starved out here in Toronto.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

2 goals in 13 seconds...
Oh lord please may it not be one of those nights.

Edit: Guess it's just me tonight

2-1 Shannon!

5th PP goal in 3 games. Hell has officially frozen over.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

The 2 goals didn't worry me - it was wayyy to early to panic.
Last edited by Cornuck on Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

3-1...
Yikes

EDIT:

4-1 Briere.

Way to go Team. Luongo has let in 4 goals on what? 8 shots?

This is terrible.
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

5-1 and I'm off to bed.

How much worse can you get? This is a disgrace. Aren't we supposed to be a defence first team? The Flyers could pack up and leave the arena now and I don't think we would be able to even the score.

What a fucking disgrace... Get your head out of your asses.
showtyme21
CC Rookie

Post by showtyme21 »

awww... just one of those days...

levelheaded, not impressed here on the road, but when I get home I'll let you know.. GIve me a week, and the PM me if I forget to let you know.
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that amateurs built the Ark, professionals built the Titanic"