Luongo-a-go-go-gone?

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Pull Luongo before the 2nd period and give Sanford his Vancouver debut?

Yes
14%
No
86%

Total votes: 7

B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

Luongo-a-go-go-gone?

Post by B. Mackin »

Three goals allowed on just nine shots. Tickets $50 to $250. $6.5 million salary. Priceless?
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Only a Mike Keenan would do that. Sure it's a rough start, but he'll be staying in.

Maybe if the Canucks could get it out of their own end, things could be different.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
JoeKnows
MVP
MVP

Post by JoeKnows »

Late in the game with no chance to come back? Maybe. Otherwise, there's one person I want in goal for my team, and I'm just glad we have him.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

Nice team player.
You new to Vancouver?
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
B. Mackin
24 Hours Reporter

Post by B. Mackin »

Nope. Born in the Okanagan, moved here shortly after and been here ever since.
But that's irrelevant.
There was very audible, sarcastic applause from one large pocket of fans in the wake of the third goal the next time Luongo touched the puck. Luckily he had a better next two periods. His slow starts are one of the very few weaknesses in his game.
JoeKnows
MVP
MVP

Post by JoeKnows »

Saddens me a bit to see that the fans are so fickle at times that they fail to realize just what they have, and that even players that are the best in the game suffer setbacks. It's one thing to not support a player you don't trust, and doesn't have a track record of success, but I take issue with booing a superstar because he has a lousy game from time to time.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

Trade him now...
He's a cancer to the team.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
rockalt
MVP
MVP

Post by rockalt »

Love the avatar Westvandal! A classic episode, to the say the least.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

There was very audible, sarcastic applause from one large pocket of fans in the wake of the third goal the next time Luongo touched the puck.
... we get one of the best goalies in the world and that is the response he gets because he has a rough period ... ... didn't take them long to forget last year or the playoffs did it...

... I guess though rather than criticize them with words like ... pathetic or bandwagoneers ... I'll give them the benefit of the doubt ... clearly they are extremely new to hockey and know nothing about it or the players.

Grizz
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Here we go again with Bob Mackin and his shots on goal stats

Post by UpYerKilt »

Bob,

As your fellow reporter I just want to ask you...how did Vancouver get the rap of being a goaltender graveyard? Was it bad goalies, tough fans or the even tougher media.

If you give out 3 goals in 9 shot stats be prepared to give out the 3 goals in 100 shot stat when it happens. I worry that the Canucks history and lack of success has crept into the way some people view todays version of the Canucks.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca
UpYerKilt
24 Hours Reporter

Bob Bob Bob...more anti Luong stats.

Post by UpYerKilt »

As your fellow reporter I have to ask you 2 questions - 1- How did Vancouver get the rep as a goaltenders graveyard? 2 - Will yo be prepared to post the positive stats of Luongo? '3 goals in his last 90 shots'

A good coach will let his slumping star stay out there until he finds his form again.

Guts
Vancouver 24 Hours reporter
Spill Your Guts - Every Wednesday
email me with your Canuck thoughts and we'll put them in the Wed paper. guts.mctavish@24hrs.ca