GDT: Sharks at the Garage - SEASON OPENER!

This forum is to discuss game day happenings. New threads will be posted for each game.

Moderator: Referees

Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

GDT: Sharks at the Garage - SEASON OPENER!

Post by Cornuck »

It's about time... All I can say is

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Let's get the season off to a great start!
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
capt canuck
AHL Prospect

Post by capt canuck »

been waiting al summer for this :D canucks will not disapoint 5-1 canucks markus with the hat trick and the twins the other 2. GO CANUCKS GO!!!!
WE ARE ALL CANUCKS!
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

Lets Rock!

OK, only moments away from Puck Drop, any I'm the only the 2nd reply??

WTF guys!!!
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

this sucks
tey
CC Veteran

Post by tey »

at least the Lions are winning
Icebreaka
CC Veteran

Post by Icebreaka »

Sharks had the momentum on us. The power plays really helped and Bobby Lu hasn't brought his A game (his B is a normal goalies A but still). I'm thinking there are some first night jitters are we are looking better in the second. Dug ourselves a massive hole unfortunately :(
supercanuck
CC Veteran

Post by supercanuck »

Shannon has got to bury at least one of those chances....oh well only game 1.
tuzzi44
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by tuzzi44 »

lets hope this is a canucks team that were just working out the first game kinks and we wont have the same downfalls continue with this season such as not functional powerplays and taking way too many penalties. Looked like luongo could have used some more help defensively. proves we cant just rely on luongo to steal every game for us. it was frusterating to watch mason and shannon out there tonight. those guys are gonna have to pour it on offensively in order to stay in the canucks lineup. Shannon had multiple scoring opportunities but couldnt seem to finish. a positive note i thought, was the solid play from Mitchell. hes the reason we can say we have a strong penalty kill. he always gets into the shooting lanes with an active stick. Kesler had some energy out there, but taking dumb penalties were stealing alot of the canucks momentum throughout the game.

overall. we shouldnt be worried. Luongo always bounces back. the young guys are gonna get a little more comfortable with their linemates. the sedins are gonna start doing what they do best... and lets hope we can stay out of the box against the flames tommorow. they have alot of talent from the blueline that quarterback their pp's very well.
BELIEVE.

"we did a fucking great job"
Jonathan Toews
Meerschaum
MVP
MVP

Post by Meerschaum »

Ick. That was about as fun as being licked by a camel.

So how many completely, totally, glaringly, wide, spaceous and open expanses of net did Shannon miss tonight anyways? It's hard to imagine a human being on skates being set up any nicer. (If we had signed Roenick he would have had a hat trick tonight. Talk about being in the right place at the right time, then putting away your chances - twice!)

Shannon's momentum-killing penalty in the third was kinda bone-headed too.

Son, that vehicle you see pulling away from you in the parking lot is your NHL career . . .

Beauty of a glove save by Luongo on that second Cheechoo shot.

I actually thought the disputed goal was past the line, but Nabby did a good job of consealing it with his glove. Bastard . . .
Modo vincis, modo vinceris.
puckhead
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by puckhead »

yeah, Shannon should have had three (plus the bounce from behind the net). keep yer stick ont he ice, kid!!!

Kesler had the shift of his career though... man, i'd like to see a lot more of those.

the new d-man didn't look horribly out of place (no glaring mistakes is all I'm hoping for out of him)

oh well, at least it didn't look like they used up a ton of energy tonight... a chance for redemption against the Flames tomorrow.
----------------------------
We got LUONGO!!!!!!!!!!
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

Meerschaum wrote:Ick. That was about as fun as being licked by a camel.. . .
:lol: Shall i say that the support band was called "Buddy & The Sharks" last night...damn.

At least i was in the kingdom of dreams. damn again.
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'
stevethiessen
MVP
MVP

Post by stevethiessen »

For those who we're able to watch, how did Weaver look? Was he able to hold his own, or was he a liability?
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Post by levelheaded »

Meerschaum wrote:I actually thought the disputed goal was past the line, but Nabby did a good job of consealing it with his glove. Bastard . . .

I've been an advocate for awarding penalty shots for goals that are deemed inconclusive like that. I think it's far too frustrating to know that a puck SHOULD be across the line, but not being able to prove that it actually is. A penalty shot would allow fate to take over and let the universe decide whether or not the puck actually crossed the line. Plus fans love the excitement of penalty shots, right Gary? :roll:
Cookie La Rue
MVP
MVP

Post by Cookie La Rue »

stevethiessen wrote:For those who we're able to watch, how did Weaver look? Was he able to hold his own, or was he a liability?
Just saw the game in Calgrey on replay, Weaver looked good. ;)
"Every dog has its day." - CC Hockey Pool Champion 2004 & 2013 'Moves like Lenarduzzi'