Should there be a library for Canuck highlights on this site

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Should there be a video forum?

Yes
86%
No
14%

Total votes: 7

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

The AP should get a life & enforce their rules for PIRACY...ie sites that SELL copyright material for profits. As far I know you can use copyright protected images and music as long as you don't make money off them. Since you provided the wallpaper for free you should have been in the clear. I could be wrong. I know someone who was sued by Jacko's legal team for using his music as "source material" in his digital art and WON because he gave away the CDs for free.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So I guess then that the next logical step is for soemone to step up and host a private site for pictures and videos then....
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

Importnant though for this site to stay onside ... we don't want to be doing anything illegally forcing us down or causing Brian any grief. The only way would be to somehow get permission ... not sure how you would do that though.

Grizz
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

I tried to get permission for photos from AP, they offered me 4 photos for 300.00...

Yeah, ok.... :roll:

I might be willing to take the risk with video, but I think someone reported me last time, so I am concerned that may happen again.

Letsgowings.com used to have a video library from ESPN, but they got busted.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

I am not sure about the laws on this, but would a private collection be OK?

especially if it was only viewed by a 'couple' of my closest friends that had to log into a password protected site?

MEERS!!!
(I think a little expert advise might be in order here)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Brian CC
Site Admin

Post by Brian CC »

"Reproduction in whole or in part is strictly prohibited"....

Ever heard that one? Whoever owns the video, I.E. Espn, CBC, TSN could be a prick about it.

Hey if you want to start something up, I'll provide a link to it.
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

whatever you decide in the end i completely stand behind, because i would really hate to lose CC because of some stupid copyright infringement written in size 2 print at teh bottom of some disclaimer which he happened to be unable to read...play it safe, skip this idea
Did you see the pool? They flipped the bitch
Grizzly
MVP
MVP

Post by Grizzly »

feritflame wrote:whatever you decide in the end i completely stand behind, because i would really hate to lose CC because of some stupid copyright infringement written in size 2 print at teh bottom of some disclaimer which he happened to be unable to read...play it safe, skip this idea
Agreed ...

Grizz
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Unless, like MCP said, we had a password protected page that only regulars.....vets here that have earned the trust can view. It doesn't even have to be advertised as having video......sort of a "members clubhouse" if you will........like the Freemasons.....no one knows what goes on within those cyberwalls except for the insiders.....once inside we have our video library......and hookers & blow of course. :twisted:
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

no one knows what goes on within those cyberwalls except for the insiders.....once inside we have our video library......and hookers & blow of course.
one slight problem, whos to say that a person of the media... ie pratt, or those other team 1040 guys or someone who can get thsi site to fall, dosent join and become a "vet" or "grizzeled veteran of CC"
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

unless a private individual set it up and only allowed access to certain people...

hookers and blow indeed!
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

only allowed access to certain people
how do you intend we regulate this...
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Hey its our party and we can [hoard video clips] if we want to. I think it could be done privately or through this site INCOGNITO. ie ONLY people Brian trusted over time would be granted access.....like people who have made it into the hall of fame w/ 1,000 posts for starters.
It could work and could be discrete....ie don't even advertise that it exists therefore how would anyone know? The password could be changed every so often or if someone had priveleges revoked (like changing the locks).

Extremely EXCLUSIVE
Mozy
MVP
MVP

Post by Mozy »

makes sense, or so that Brian can get some help with the site, make it something accesible to people with 1000 posts, as well as people who are mvps because those will be the people that care the most about the site and wont turn on it, thats if the idea ever gets off the ground adn past the legalities of it all
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

That idea could just slither past the legalities if it isn't open to the public or adverstised. The AP is ABUSING laws set out to stop piracy and a black market (ie selling illegal copied videos or CDs) and are only trying to put the squeeze on. Extortion really. Screw 'em!